Windows 10: Issue with Windows Hello Facial Rec timing out too quickly

Discus and support Issue with Windows Hello Facial Rec timing out too quickly in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I setup windows hellow on a new domain connected laptop but whenever the laptop is turned on for the first time after a shut down the facial rec... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by sethwalker2, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Issue with Windows Hello Facial Rec timing out too quickly

I setup windows hellow on a new domain connected laptop but whenever the laptop is turned on for the first time after a shut down the facial rec starts, lasts 5 seconds then asks for a pin. This is way too short for the user that is using it and should be configurable to change the duration to a much longer period. Is this possible?

Also after it asks for a pin anytime we bring the system out of sleep or the screen being shutoff from the timeout it asks for pin without trying facial rec. Is there a way to fix that as well?

Ultimately the user wants facial rec to work at all times if the machine is logged out. we have it set to sleep on lid close so battery killing isn't an issue when we put the laptop in a bag.

:)

sethwalker2, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Donna Men Win User

Windows Hello facial ID won’t work

Hi,

There are a few reasons why this Windows Hello facial recognition fails, such as outdated driver, compatibility or OS update. We'd like to know if you made any changes on your device prior to the issue, such as installing update or change settings?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to reset Facial Recognition by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts and select Sign-In options.
    • Locate Facial Recognition options and click Remove under them.
    • Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to reset Facial Recognition.
    • Restart your computer.

If issue persist, update your drivers by following the steps on this link. You can also check your device
    manufacturer for latest release of drivers.

Keep us updated with the results.

Donna Men, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Issue with Windows Hello Facial Rec timing out too quickly

facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Issue with Windows Hello Facial Rec timing out too quickly

1. Issue with Windows Hello Facial Rec timing out too quickly - Similar Threads - Issue Hello Facial

2. Facial rec as a two-factor device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial rec as a two-factor device?: I use facial recognition on startup Surface 4. Question is, with the constant request for two factor authentication I'm using the verification code text or the authenticator. Can I set up windows hello facial rec instead or as well? It would be a lot easier....
  3. Facial rec as a two-factor device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial rec as a two-factor device?: I use facial recognition on startup Surface 4. Question is, with the constant request for two factor authentication I'm using the verification code text or the authenticator. Can I set up windows hello facial rec instead or as well? It would be a lot easier....
  4. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  5. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  6. Windows Hello Facial Recognition asking for PIN too

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition asking for PIN too: up until recently, can't pinpoint when, i could login to my domain joined laptop with facial recognition only. now it recognises me but always asks for PIN too before i can login any ideas? not changed password, PIN. i've reset facial recog up from scratch and improve...
  7. Windows hello facial recognition issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows hello facial recognition issue: Every time I start the windows hello facial recognition configuration an error message says that there was an issue activating the camera. Can you help me? submitted by /u/LLproGam3r [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows Hello (Facial)

Windows Hello (Facial): Hi, I have the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370, and it has the Windows Hello Fingerprint reader preinstalled. It says it can't find a camera but this also happened with last years 1803 update where it would disable Windows Hello. To fix the 1803 bug I had to get a driver off...
  9. Increase the time for Windows Hello Facial Recognition on Domain PC

Increase the time for Windows Hello Facial Recognition on Domain PC: I setup windows hellow on a new domain connected laptop but whenever the laptop is turned on for the first time after a shut down the facial rec starts, lasts 5 seconds then asks for a pin. This is way too short for the user that is using it and should be configurable to...
  10. Windows Hello, facial recognition issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Hello, facial recognition issue: I have an issue related to the Windows Hello signing in. It says "Couldn't access the camera". I tried removing and reinstalling this feature but the pop-up keeps coming up. I use Lenovo IdeaPad 500 with Windows 10 installed. I know for sure that my camera, drivers, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 facial rec