Windows 10: Issue with windows lock and sign in screen after updating

Discus and support Issue with windows lock and sign in screen after updating in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday I did a windows update and my login screen went from the windows default screen (which I liked) to the windows spotlight screen. (you know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SCE0224, Sep 23, 2016.

1. SCE0224 Win User

Issue with windows lock and sign in screen after updating

Yesterday I did a windows update and my login screen went from the windows default screen (which I liked) to the windows spotlight screen. (you know the one that changes the photos daily) and the lock screen went from the spotlight screen to black.

I have partially fixed the issue: I now have the login screen with the spotlight feature on and I also I have the lock screen with the spotlight feature. I am also able to make the lock screen with the spotlight feature on with a solid color for the sign in screen but I cannot figure out how to get the sign on screen to the default windows picture. See photo.

Issue with windows lock and sign in screen after updating [​IMG]

How can I make this my login background & my lock screen the windows spotlight.

Thank you!

:)

SCE0224, Sep 23, 2016

2. Disable the Lock screen in Windows 10.

I went with the update of Windows 10. After that update I am having trouble when signing out. The screen is always saying, "Dismiss the lock screen to sign back in windows." I cannot figure how to dismiss the lock screen. When I go to Lock Screen, there
    is no information about dismissing the lock screen.

Please make your Windows 10 software easier to use.

Terry

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

JudithStepp, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working

None of the answers worked for me, but the issue was resolved after I toggled 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' off, locked the screen, signed back in, and then toggled it back on. The slideshow worked fine after that.

NatalieSchmuhl, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

Issue with windows lock and sign in screen after updating

1. Issue with windows lock and sign in screen after updating - Similar Threads - Issue lock sign

2. No lock screen after Sign out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No lock screen after Sign out: Hi, I set the lock screen picture in Settings/Personalization/Lock screen -> Picture and it's visible only after doing Lock and Switch user from the Start menu. It's not working for the Sign out. There is black screen no background picture, also after starting the Windows it...
  3. No lock screen after Sign out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No lock screen after Sign out: Hi, I set the lock screen picture in Settings/Personalization/Lock screen -> Picture and it's visible only after doing Lock and Switch user from the Start menu. It's not working for the Sign out. There is black screen no background picture, also after starting the Windows it...
  4. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  5. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  6. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Lock screen/sign-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock screen/sign-on: I only have one account on my Windows 10 desktop. It used to boot up to the "in-focus" lock screen. I would press the space bar to display the password box. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Now on a boot-up from power off, it goes to the "blurry" lock screen...
  8. Windows lock screen and sign in

Windows lock screen and sign in: My HP laptop windows 10 can't start. It's not recognising my paasword or PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-lock-screen-and-sign-in/66db6827-da2d-43c3-ae87-37a2e6a5c2be
  9. Lock Screen Sign On

Lock Screen Sign On: I have just had my laptop screen replaced so I logged on and setup my Microsoft acct. again , but when I signed out, little did I know I would never be able to sign in again.? It loads, it get's network, it shows not my name but a large HP under my pic. Then it already says...
  10. Lock & Sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock & Sign-in screen: When I turn on my computer, a picture of a lone backpack on a mountain w/a lake is shown (picture 1). When I move my mouse to bring up the screen where I can choose an account, I get the same screen. This also happens when I'm in Windows & lock the screen (which I rarely...