Windows 10: issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on

Discus and support issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I'm using my laptop for a while now and I have never had an issue with my connection. Earlier it disconnected to the wifi and when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AntonJeffreys, May 28, 2022.

1. issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on

Hello,I'm using my laptop for a while now and I have never had an issue with my connection. Earlier it disconnected to the wifi and when I try to connect again, the option to turn the wifi on is gone. I check settings and it asked me to troubleshoot problem I followed the steps to reset network, restarted my computer, and nothing works.

:)

AntonJeffreys, May 28, 2022
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, May 28, 2022
  3. Wifi not turning on.

Wifi not turning on . there is a red cross sign in front of wifi icon on task bar . I checked the wifi is enabled ( by right clicking on wifi icon in internet and network menu/option )

When I go to network settings and try to turn on the wifi ..the wifi slides on but doesn't stay on and slides back to off position .

IMPORTANT - I END (stopped/endtask) SOME NETWORK/WIFI RELATED PROCESSES IN TASK MANAGER ..I AM NOT SURE..BUT I THINK AFTER THAT I STARTED FACING THESE WIFI RELATED ISSUES

TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS DONE

• As already mentioned checked whether wifi is enabled or not by right clicking on wifi option in internet and network menu .
    • checked drivers . they are upto date .
    • In wifi properties ---->configure---->advanced ----> tried to change property to 802.11n bandwith 20 mhz only but it reverts back to 802.11b preamble long only.. once the tab is closed .
    • Checked the dell wireless device 1703 802.11b/g/n ( 2.4 GHZ) is working properly by clicking on general option .
    • checked services like tcp/ip net bios helper , wlan autoconfig ,windows connection manager all 3 are running

I am at my wits end as to how to fix this issue . please not that I am not a new windows 10 user and have had windows for some time now and never faced any issue.

Please tell me how to turn the wifi on but before that do read all the troubleshooting steps i have done to avoid duplication of efforts .

THANKS

Rahulpurswani, May 28, 2022
  4. issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on

WiFi driver issue, Wont turn on

I'm trying to use the suggestions and my Toshiba wifi button still won't turn on.

Mauricio38, May 28, 2022
Thema:

issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on

1. issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on - Similar Threads - issue option turn

2. No option anywhere to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option anywhere to turn wifi on: A few weeks ago my laptop's wifi turned off and there was no option anywhere to turn it back on. No icon in taskbar and nothing in settings. I tried all the methods to turn it back on from other questions people have asked here but nothing worked. After a few days the problem...
  3. No option anywhere to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option anywhere to turn wifi on: A few weeks ago my laptop's wifi turned off and there was no option anywhere to turn it back on. No icon in taskbar and nothing in settings. I tried all the methods to turn it back on from other questions people have asked here but nothing worked. After a few days the problem...
  4. Windows issue no way to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows issue no way to turn wifi on: I never had an issue with my laptop before . I disconnected my wifi earlier and now I cannot go back because there is no option to turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-issue-no-way-to-turn-wifi-on/0d409318-3354-4b09-ae74-db370ed3794c
  5. Windows issue no way to turn wifi on

Windows issue no way to turn wifi on: I never had an issue with my laptop before . I disconnected my wifi earlier and now I cannot go back because there is no option to turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-issue-no-way-to-turn-wifi-on/0d409318-3354-4b09-ae74-db370ed3794c
  6. windows issue, no option to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows issue, no option to turn wifi on: Hello, I don't have any issue with my connection until today when I turned off my wi-fi I tried to connect again but the option turn it on is now missing. O got to settings and follow the troubleshooter but it won't work. Please help....
  7. windows issue, no option to turn wifi on

windows issue, no option to turn wifi on: Hello, I don't have any issue with my connection until today when I turned off my wi-fi I tried to connect again but the option turn it on is now missing. O got to settings and follow the troubleshooter but it won't work. Please help....
  8. windows issue, no option to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on

issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on: Hello,I'm using my laptop for a while now and I have never had an issue with my connection. Earlier it disconnected to the wifi and when I try to connect again, the option to turn the wifi on is gone. I check settings and it asked me to troubleshoot problem I followed the...
  10. issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    issue with windows, no option to turn wifi on: Hello,I'm using my laptop for a while now and I have never had an issue with my connection. Earlier it disconnected to the wifi and when I try to connect again, the option to turn the wifi on is gone. I check settings and it asked me to troubleshoot problem I followed the...