Windows 10: Issue with Windows Update installing Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in on Windows 10...

Discus and support Issue with Windows Update installing Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in on Windows 10... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All, I'm having an issue with re-installing Office 2007 on Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.329. It all started with Office 2007 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joe_F_Ott, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Joe_F_Ott Win User

Issue with Windows Update installing Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in on Windows 10...

Hello All,

I'm having an issue with re-installing Office 2007 on Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.329.

It all started with Office 2007 on Windows 10 Version 1909. HTML mail merge stopped working. I tried all the recommended solutions I could find through various searches to no avail. In an effort to resolve the problem I upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.329. The problem remained. I then reset the computer again removing all files. I re-installed Office 2007 and the HTML mail merge function worked, but when Windows Update tried to install all the updates for Office 2007 it failed to install the Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in. View update history shows,
    Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in

Failed to install on ‎2020-‎06-‎16 - 0x80240023

I tried the same procedure on another computer running Windows 10 Version 1909 Build 18363.900 and all went as expected.

Is there a workaround or fix for the version 2004 install the Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

:)

Joe_F_Ott, Jun 16, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Chino Win User
    Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

As reported yesterday, Microsoft changed the way how they license Windows 10 to their OEM partners. But buckle in folks, the changes just keep on coming. In what looks like an effort to push Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 owners to upgrade, Microsoft has officially announced that Office 2019 will only work on machines with Windows 10 and the next LTSC release of Windows Server. That's only the tip of the iceberg though. Unlike previous version of Office that came with 10 years of support, Office 2019's support lifecycle is shortened to five years of mainstream support and two years of extended support. Additionally, the client applications are only available with a Click-to-Run installer. However, Microsoft will continue to provide a MSI installer for the server applications.

Issue with Windows Update installing Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in on Windows 10... XkowHsyWUwEavPZz_thm.jpg

Chino, Jun 16, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Issue with Windows Update installing Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in on Windows 10...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Issue with Windows Update installing Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in on Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Issue Update installing

2. Windows 11, Microsoft Office file validation add in, Install error 0x80240023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Microsoft Office file validation add in, Install error 0x80240023: Hello, on Windows 11, there Microsoft Office file validation add in, Install error 0x80240023 & it s not fixed irrespective of the retry attempts.Hence, Office cannot be validated.Can you please help me fix this? Thank you!...
  3. Windows 11, Microsoft Office file validation add in, Install error 0x80240023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Microsoft Office file validation add in, Install error 0x80240023: Hello, on Windows 11, there Microsoft Office file validation add in, Install error 0x80240023 & it s not fixed irrespective of the retry attempts.Hence, Office cannot be validated.Can you please help me fix this? Thank you!...
  4. unlike ofther windows 10 updates why "Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in" will show a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unlike ofther windows 10 updates why "Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in" will show a...: I have windows 10 home edition + Office 2007 which i newly install it. now inside windows update i got the following updates:-but if i click on next i will get this license agreement:-so is this normal as usually when installing windows and office updates we do not get such...
  5. add microsoft office

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    add microsoft office: how do I add microsoft office to Kindle? Tried the address I use to transfer docs and it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-microsoft-office/8f36c643-8fc4-41a5-a218-e342eef3ad56
  6. Validating Office

Validating Office: I have a new windows 10 computer. I installed my Ultimate Office 2007, but it will not accept my product key. How can I achieve this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/validating-office/6359927b-d252-4b3a-b227-b6f495ca0d85
  7. Pre-installed Windows-10 and Microsoft office

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre-installed Windows-10 and Microsoft office: Hi, I recently bought a Dell Inspiron laptop for my son Master Dheeraj Sutram from Amazon which claimed it has pre-installed versions of Windows-10 and Microsoft office (home edition). The Order ID is 403-0952619-7738768 [1 of Dell Inspiron 3567 Core i3 6th Gen 15.6-inch...
  8. Windows 10 October 2018 Update issues with Microsoft Office

Windows 10 October 2018 Update issues with Microsoft Office: To anyone who can help; I am running a Windows 10 Professional 64-bit. The OS updated on Wednesday, October 3, 2018. Since the update, I have been having issues with my Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus software: a) I am unable to click on "Save As" option with...
  9. Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in: This may be the ultimate deal breaker‏ for me. I have successfully blocked Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in for about 5 years on XP, Vista, and Windows 7. It is an update that makes loading and saving Office 2003, or Office 2007, files take at least 10 times longer...
  10. Security Alert - Office File Validation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Security Alert - Office File Validation: I have several, rather large, Excel files. When I open one I get a window that says ..."Security Alert - Office File Validation"... . I did a Google search on it and get a lot of TechNo Babble that I don't understand. How can I get rid of this pop up without major...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the ms office file validation update