Windows 10: Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management...

Discus and support Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft team, we use document scanner device with our Windows 10 laptop, and in the Device Manager --> USB properties --> we have disabled power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tejus Mathew, May 30, 2023.

1. Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management...

Dear Microsoft team, we use document scanner device with our Windows 10 laptop, and in the Device Manager --> USB properties --> we have disabled power management and turned it OFF Allow the computer to to turn OFF this device to save power , so that the USB port always have power, and the scanners are always ON. But we have found that with Windows system updates, this setting gets reset, and power management turns ON.How to make sure that the device manager --> USB properties --> The Power management settings does not change.I am unable to attach the image here, so this is the

:)

Tejus Mathew, May 30, 2023
  2. Batmann Win User

Fingerprint issue/Power Management

already tried the credentials service one, not of any help. I guess the only fix is from the power management tab

1. Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list

2. When Device Manager opens, locate your fingerprint reader. It should be located in Biometric Devices section.

3.Right click your fingerprint reader and choose Properties

4. Navigate to Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

5. Click OK to save changes.

I want to follow this step but I cannot find the power management tab.

Batmann, May 30, 2023
  3. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, May 30, 2023
  4. Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management...

my comp wont recognize an external 2.0 usb hub and shows no usb 2.0 in device manager

Hi Bob,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Have you tried connecting on different ports?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to provide
    the details.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

Method 1

Disable/Enable quick boot Windows 10

1. Type Power Options in Start menu search and press
      Enter key to open Power Options window.
    2. Click on Choose what the power buttons do to open System Settings window.
    3. Click on the link named Change settings that are currently available.
    4. Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    5. Click on Save Changes, restart the device to check the status of the issue.

Method 2

If the USB device does not display in Device Manager, there might be a power requirement issue. Disconnect the device and perform the following steps until the device is detected:

1. Restart the computer
    2. Connect the device and wait 5 seconds. If the device is not recognized, disconnect it and go to the next step.
    3. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
    4. Double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers to expand the list.
    5. Double-click a USB Root Hub, click the
      Power
      tab, and then click Power Properties (if it is shown).

Note: The Power tab displays only in USB 2.0. There is no Power tab in USB 3.0.

Devices that are attached to the hub are shown, as well as the power that they require. If the total displayed power is over 500 mA, remove the devices and use a powered hub.

6. Continue looking at the power properties of each USB hub. If the total Power required exceeds the Total power available for the hub, then remove a device on that hub to lower the Power required number.
    7. Connect the device and wait 5 seconds. If the device is not recognized, disconnect it and go to the next step.
    8. Remove high-speed USB cables that are over 3m (9.8 ft) in length and use high-speed cables that are shorter than 3 m.
      Only use high-speed cables shorter than 3m in length with high-speed USB devices (multifunction printers, scanners, and cameras).
    9. If the USB device is connected to a USB port on a keyboard, disconnect it, then connect it to a USB port on the computer or to a powered hub.
    10. There might be an issue with the USB port. Try connecting to a different USB port. If the USB device displays in Device Manager after connecting the cable to a different port, then uninstall and reinstall the USB device software
      driver.
    11. There might be an issue with the USB port. Try connecting to a different USB port. If the USB device displays in Device Manager after connecting the cable to a different port, then uninstall and reinstall the USB device software
      driver.
    12. Consult the manufacturer of the device for support if the device still fails to display.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management...

1. Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management... - Similar Threads - Issue updated affecting

2. Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management...: Dear Microsoft team, we use document scanner device with our Windows 10 laptop, and in the Device Manager --> USB properties --> we have disabled power management and turned it OFF Allow the computer to to turn OFF this device to save power , so that the USB port always have...
  3. Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with windows updated affecting Device Manager --> USB properties --> Power Management...: Dear Microsoft team, we use document scanner device with our Windows 10 laptop, and in the Device Manager --> USB properties --> we have disabled power management and turned it OFF Allow the computer to to turn OFF this device to save power , so that the USB port always have...
  4. Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?: My pc has a cracked touch screen, so it is extremely difficult to sign in and get to the device manager ro turn off the touch screen. We managed this. I'm on Windows 10 21H1. It now has downloaded 22H2. Will this alter the touch screen setting in the Device Manager?...
  5. Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?: My pc has a cracked touch screen, so it is extremely difficult to sign in and get to the device manager ro turn off the touch screen. We managed this. I'm on Windows 10 21H1. It now has downloaded 22H2. Will this alter the touch screen setting in the Device Manager?...
  6. Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Power Management options missing in device manager/ethernet adapter properties.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Management options missing in device manager/ethernet adapter properties.: Hello, I'm trying to enable LAN wake for my computer, as my computer is located where I can't access the power button and learnt' it's doable by phone app. The app instructs you to enable an option in power settings in my ethernet adapter, but it is missing. I already added...
  8. No power management in Device Manager Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No power management in Device Manager Windows 10: hi i am trying to fix my laptop automaticly disconecting from the wifi so i went to device maneger and network adapter and i did not see the power management tab please help this is very annoying...
  9. power management tab is missing from device properties.

in Windows 10 Customization
    power management tab is missing from device properties.: I have seen other people missing the power management tab in device manager, but they were able to fix it using regedit, but I have not been able to, is there any other way to fix it?...
  10. Power Management Tab in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Power Management Tab in Device Manager: Hi All, I need some help so I decided to join the forum. I picked up an extra project at work, I'm going to be setting up WOL (Wake on LAN) on all machines. I have tested this in my home environment with laptops and Desktops and it works flawlessly. All work at the BIOS...