Windows 10: issue with your phone app call option wont connect to microphone in laptop

Discus and support issue with your phone app call option wont connect to microphone in laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when in the phone app i can make and receive calls but i am unable to talk to the person on my side. my computer has a built in microphone. but no body... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carl. B, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Carl. B Win User

issue with your phone app call option wont connect to microphone in laptop

when in the phone app i can make and receive calls but i am unable to talk to the person on my side. my computer has a built in microphone. but no body on the other side of the call are able to hear me. i am able to use a plug in headphone well but i rather just be able to use my microphone when i make or receive a call.

:)

Carl. B, Jun 28, 2020
  2. bradavon Win User

Your Phone App: Ringtone and Call quality terrible?

Hi,

Anyone help with this? Thanks.

Windows 10 version: 1909 (Build: 18363.815)
    Your Phone App version: 1.20041.85.0
    Your Phone Companion Link to Windows app version: 1.20041.82.0
    Link to Windows Service version: 1.0.5.2.30

Samsung Galaxy S10: Android 10 / OneUI 2.1

It worked fine using my Surface Pro 4 but on my new Surface Pro X the Ringtone and Call Quality through the Your Phone app are terrible: Constant crackling, tapping whatever you want to call it. Kind of like coins being dropped.

All other aspects of Your Phone work wonderfully.

I've tried:

Phone:

1. Bluetooth: Unpairing the Surface Pro X
    2. Your Phone Companion App: Clearing Application Data/Cache
    Surface Pro X:

1. Settings -> Bluetooth: Unpairing the phone
    2. Settings -> Phone: Unlinking the phone
    3. Settings -> Apps: Your Phone App: Repair and Reset
    I then set it all up again which went through all fine.

I've also tried:

1. Device Manager -> All Bluetooth Drivers -> Update Driver
    2. Paired a Bluetooth speaker to my Surface Pro X. This works fine.
    I suspect the issue is related to the Your Phone App and Bluetooth but don't know where to check next?

Because the crackling noise seems to be bluetooth related.

Thanks

bradavon, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Your Phone app not working

Perhaps this may be of help clearing up some confusion.

If you do a search for "Your Phone" via the Windows 10 start menu, the result takes you to the "Your Phone" app page, which gives you the options to connect/sync your computer to your phone. It is the settings on that page that I have struggled with, because they lead you nowhere, with no way to complete the process. At least, that is my experience.

But there is another choice in that also shows up farther down in the start menu "Your Phone" the search results called "Link your phone". It takes you to a different settings page titled "Your Phone", but gives you options not found on the Your Phone "app" page, including the ability to add a device, and most importantly, "unlink" your phone. This is the crucial step, which will lead you to the next step of re-linking your phone on your computer. You will come across a popup that displays a QR code (you will be asked to scan this QR code in a further step), and you will be asked to install the the Your Phone app on your phone (even if it is already installed), upon which it will then offer you to confirm the process by either scanning the QR code, or signing into Microsoft.

For me, for whatever reason, scanning the QR code did not work, but signing into Microsoft did complete the process.

kitpzyxmsir, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. issue with your phone app call option wont connect to microphone in laptop - Similar Threads - issue phone app

2. Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App: The Your Phone App will only use my Microphone if I start a call then switch the audio input device over and back again in the settingsvolume mixer in the system volume controls.This only works if you are in a call.Once the call finishes if you call again with the same...
  3. Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App: The Your Phone App will only use my Microphone if I start a call then switch the audio input device over and back again in the settingsvolume mixer in the system volume controls.This only works if you are in a call.Once the call finishes if you call again with the same...
  4. Your Phone app and phone calls

Your Phone app and phone calls: When I use the Your Phone app to make calls it sets up the call but it keeps reverting to 'use phone' in the drop down menu. So I still have to use the phone's microphone and speakers. Same if I receive a call. Can anyone help please?...
  5. Your Phone app calls with USB connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone app calls with USB connection: hello there, maybe one of the windows' experts here have a solution for me. I want to make phone calls from my PC and the only app for this I found is Your Phone by Microsoft. The problem is that it doesn't allows phone calls over anything else than bluetooth, or I don't...
  6. "Your Phone" app wont connect...

"Your Phone" app wont connect...: Hi, I just upgraded to windows 10 pro andi saw the Your Phone app. I thought I'd give it a shot and try it so I downloaded the app on my Motorola Z but now I'm stuck on a "Check your PC!" thing and nothing is on my pc other than "Please open Your Phone Compainian an sign in...
  7. "Your Phone" wont make calls

"Your Phone" wont make calls: Hello, I just recently set up the "Your phone" app with my Samsung S9+, and all the text, notification, photos and screen mirroring works really well with some minor issues that I handled. When it comes to the arguably most important feature of the app, making phone calls,...
  8. Your Phone Call Option

Your Phone Call Option: The call option reappeared today but if I try to make a call I can dial and hangup but the speaker and mic default to the phone not my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-call-option/4854f853-ff76-4883-a942-0dbf7033fc82
  9. Your Phone app and calls

Your Phone app and calls: I have a Surface laptop 1st gen purchased Sep 2018, W10 Pro 1909, 18363.592 and a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. The my phone apps works fine except there is no "call" feature in the left hand menu. I thought the feature had been released. Thanks in advance....
  10. Your Phone App & Calls

Your Phone App & Calls: I cannot get phone call functionality on the Your Phone app. I am using a Dell XPS laptop and a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. The devices pair together fine via Bluetooth, but I get a message that other apps are preventing calls from working. I have tried all of the...