Windows 10: Issue working in Mixmeister Pro 5

Discus and support Issue working in Mixmeister Pro 5 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hoping one of you can help. I have this really old mixing 32-bit audio mixing software called Mixmeister Pro 5 I've had since 2005 or so. For some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dskyze, Aug 17, 2015.

1. dskyze Win User

Issue working in Mixmeister Pro 5

Hoping one of you can help.

I have this really old mixing 32-bit audio mixing software called Mixmeister Pro 5 I've had since 2005 or so. For some reason since I've upgraded to Windows 10, whenever I make an adjustment to a mix it freezes (not responding) almost exactly 6 seconds and it's very annoying.

The one and only clue I have is that it doesn't have this problem while in Safe Mode.

So in order to troubleshoot by process of elimination I have tried the following separately:
    • Enable low resolution
    • Turn off all visual effects in Performance tab
    • Disable all startup items
    • MSConfig - Diagnostic startup (Load basic devices and services only)
    • Disable video driver
    • For kicks..I even tried Disable sound driver
    But None of these work! I don't understand why does safe mode work? Am I missing something?

-Dwayne

:)

dskyze, Aug 17, 2015
  2. dColvin69 Win User

TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-L633C reads/writes CD but not a DVD since WIn10 install

i use Mixmeister Express and also have Nero 2016 and had no issues with Win 7 Home Premium (64-bit). My CD/DVD drive is listed in Device Mgr with no problems reported but the DVD portion of the drive doesn't recognize when a DVD is in the drive. Mixmeister
    says CD-R engine unable to initialize while Nero WILL write to CD. i previously had to install the GEAR driver to resolve the issue in Mixmeister so i assumed this would solve the trick but it hasn't so far...any suggestions? (i have a Toshiba Satellite C655-S5128
    laptop).

Issue working in Mixmeister Pro 5 [​IMG]

dColvin69, Aug 17, 2015
  3. dColvin69 Win User
    TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-L633C reads/writes CD but not a DVD since WIn10 install

the drive doesn't recognize any type of DVD while it does recognize a blank CD, plays an audio CD and will write to a blank CD (currently using Nero); one exception is when using Mixmeister Express & wanting to burn within the application, it states "CD-R
    engine unable to initialize". this happened when i first installed Mixmeister using Windows 7 Home Premium on this same laptop but was advised through Mixmeister's community forums to install "GEAR" drivers etc which solved that issue back then but it's unsuccessful
    with Windows 10.

i've exhausted all basic troubleshooting steps known to me, including the Windows Troubleshooters, Device Mgr/update driver software option, disabling/enabling, uninstalling & reinstalling the hardware, sfc/scannow, checking my system BIOS to make sure the
    drive is still listed/enabled...it is.

i also attempted to update the firmware directly from TSSTCorp website but both options said no drive was found...but their inquiry program gave me the info pictured here:

dColvin69, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Issue working in Mixmeister Pro 5

1. Issue working in Mixmeister Pro 5 - Similar Threads - Issue working Mixmeister

2. Surface 5 pro will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface 5 pro will not boot: Surface pro 5 will not boot up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-5-pro-will-not-boot/7887d0f7-82ca-47d7-840b-457528a033f2
  3. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  4. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  5. AMD Ryzen 5 pro 4650g GPU driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Ryzen 5 pro 4650g GPU driver issue: Hello,I bought this new processor. Was previously using Intel. My windows 10 with insider version had issues and I did not manage no install drivers properly. It was crashing a lot.I did a fresh install of windows 10 and still have the same problem. I don't manage to run...
  6. Surface pro 5 displayport not working after recent update

Surface pro 5 displayport not working after recent update: Hello guys, after the last Windows 10 Update KB4598242 my second monitor connected with the displayport doesn't work anymore. With another pc the monitor works fine. What i did so far: -Deinstall the latest update -Reinstall the latest update again -Couldn't roll back...
  7. Backlight stops working on surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Backlight stops working on surface Pro 5: Hello everyone! I recently experienced a weird bug on my surface Pro 5: after exiting sleeping mode, the screen backlight would stop working. At first, I thought that the screen was not turning on. When I hard restart my computer the problem disappears. I have this...
  8. Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Bluetooth No Longer Working

Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Bluetooth No Longer Working: Since installing a system update yesterday, my Surface Pro 5 has been encountering errors with the Bluetooth driver. There is no longer a space to turn Bluetooth on/off in my action center, and no switch in the Bluetooth & other devices section of my settings. Beneath all of...
  9. Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues: My Surface Pro 5 will not sleep, nor will the display turn off, automatically, though I can do both manually. I have checked and adjusted the power and sleep settings and confirmed that the device should sleeping, and that its display should be turned off, after a short...
  10. Surface Pro 5

Surface Pro 5: Hi everyone! My Surface is stuck in an "infinite boot loop" I have done everything to try and fix it. I already tried to use the Recovery Media Tool on a USB, however, no drives come up when I try to reinstall windows. So, I then tried to manually create a partition drive in...