Windows 10: Issues accessing files stored in one-drive from other apps

Discus and support Issues accessing files stored in one-drive from other apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, it is about three months that I started experiencing the following issue:If I try to access any file stored in my One-drive from an application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mic_guerr, May 10, 2021.

1. mic_guerr Win User

Issues accessing files stored in one-drive from other apps

Hi, it is about three months that I started experiencing the following issue:If I try to access any file stored in my One-drive from an application such as MATLAB or WSL, the file is not automatically downloaded and thus I get errors such as "Error: short read, file may be truncated". If I make sure that the same file is first locally stored in my laptop, e.g. opening it from the file explorer, then I can open it from whatever app I need. Really don't know what the problem is, but I use to do this all the time until February.I tried to undo last updates, but it doesn't seem o b

:)

mic_guerr, May 10, 2021
  2. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, May 10, 2021
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, May 10, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Games from App Store

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below for the Windows store downloads.

• Press Windows + E.

• Click on This PC at the top left corner.

• Click on C: Drive.

• Click on Program files.

• Click on Windows Apps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Issues accessing files stored in one-drive from other apps - Similar Threads - Issues accessing files

2. Can't access to files on One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access to files on One Drive: I have Windows 11 on a new PC. All sudden, all files on One Drive have the "brown box" at the left bottom of the icon. When I tried to open a .PDF or .JPG it came back with an error - file can't be opened due to file corruption or unsupported format. TurboTax can't read old...
  3. Can't access to files on One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access to files on One Drive: I have Windows 11 on a new PC. All sudden, all files on One Drive have the "brown box" at the left bottom of the icon. When I tried to open a .PDF or .JPG it came back with an error - file can't be opened due to file corruption or unsupported format. TurboTax can't read old...
  4. one drive file access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one drive file access: I cannot access most of the files on One Drive. The files are on the drive because i can access them through a program such as Excel or Word. But when I search for the files on One Drive or on my PC the folders and files do not show up. This started about 3 days ago. I...
  5. Access files from other windows drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access files from other windows drive?: I have two installations of windows on two separate hard drives currently running. When i boot the pc it gives the option to choose from my installations from windows 10 and 8.1 . I wish to be able to access all the files of each installation from either windows install. For...
  6. Access all files from one drive on another computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access all files from one drive on another computer: My HP laptop is no longer working due to water damage. I had all my files saved in Onedrive. I bought a new HP laptop, but I cannot access all my files from one drive on my new HP laptop. I'm only able to access files from 2017, but I cannot access none of my files from 2018...
  7. No longer able to access files on external drive from other devices

No longer able to access files on external drive from other devices: Since the recent update I can no longer see folders/files on external drives from other devices on my homegroup. Specifically, I have two external drives containing movie/video files which I can no longer access. I can access files on my hard drive. Any suggestions?...
  8. No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved)

No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved): Windows 10 Home, Version 103, OS Build 17134.1, WiFi Network works for Internet. I cannot access either computer from the other with the removal of Home Groups. I have spent three hours reading help files, tutorials, etc, and have come up with nothing that will eliminate...
  9. Cannot Access Windows Store and other apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Access Windows Store and other apps: I cannot access the Winodws 10 store or any other apps like news, sports, maps etc... 17743
  10. Home network issue - one pc cannot be accessed from all others

Home network issue - one pc cannot be accessed from all others: There is one pc which can see all other pcs but cannot be seen from others. Info on the problem PC: OS: W10 Pro v.1709 b.16299.192 Network: Password protected sharing. I tried resetting network(network reset), turning off firewall, etc. Ping to the pc from other goes...