Windows 10: Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode

Discus and support Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to do a POC on Restricted Admin mode for RDP connections. I have found the KB's and turned it on. But it will not enforce. Here is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tim Hulberg, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode

Hello, I am trying to do a POC on Restricted Admin mode for RDP connections. I have found the KB's and turned it on. But it will not enforce. Here is what I am doingDestination: Windows 2016 Datacenter serverSource: Windows 10 Personal editionOn Destination: I have gone into the security policies both at the GPO level, and the local level of the server and turned it on. In case it mattered I also created the Dward reg key DisableRestrictedAdmin and set it to 0On Source: I have created the same reg keyI did a gpupdate /force on the server after changing the setting, and I have rebooted the sys

:)

Tim Hulberg, Nov 7, 2022

2. Youtube Restricted mode to Browser keeps turning back OFF.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the Youtube restricted mode. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• In which browser are you facing this issue?

• Have you logged in to the pc as admin?

• Is the issue specific to Youtube restricted mode?

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 7, 2022
  3. JakeJJ Win User
    no admin accounts but no option to change restricted mode.

I have been having an odd issue recently, where my youtube restricted mode suddenly turned on about a month ago. it aligned with when my school account got restricted mode enabled on it. this is on my home computer so i just removed the school
    account from the computer and things went back to normal for a little. i used YouTube on my school Chromebook, with my normal account and it reenabled the restriction, but the school account wasn't on the computer anymore. then i go into the admin account
    and go into my YouTube account there.

It lets me change restricted mode, so i change my main account to admin for the future if it ever happens again. it happens because i opened youtube on my Chromebook, so i go into my main account, but i cant change the restriction. so i go into
    the original admin account and try to change it there but no luck either. at this point i have restricted mode on and no way to turn it off. i also cannot open change user account control settings because it only gives me the no option on the do you want to
    let this app make changes to your device. i for the life of me cant understand why this happened and it would greatly ease my frustrations if i could get my account fixed.

JakeJJ, Nov 7, 2022
  4. joelshort Win User

Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode

Another "youtube stuck on restricted mode" thread. Is there a solution

I don't seem to be able to remove myself from fss.live.com When I go to the family tab no users are listed and there is only the option to add a child or another adult account.

No joy. I created another admin account on the computer, installed Firefox but FF exhibits the same behavior. Incidentally the youtube restricted mode stays ON regardless of if anyone is signed in to youtube. Even when no one is signed in to youtube restricted mode is on.

joelshort, Nov 7, 2022
Thema:

Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode

1. Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode - Similar Threads - Issues activating Restricted

2. Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode: Hello, I am trying to do a POC on Restricted Admin mode for RDP connections. I have found the KB's and turned it on. But it will not enforce. Here is what I am doingDestination: Windows 2016 Datacenter serverSource: Windows 10 Personal editionOn Destination: I have gone into...
  3. Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues activating Restricted Admin Mode: Hello, I am trying to do a POC on Restricted Admin mode for RDP connections. I have found the KB's and turned it on. But it will not enforce. Here is what I am doingDestination: Windows 2016 Datacenter serverSource: Windows 10 Personal editionOn Destination: I have gone into...
  4. Override admin restrictions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Override admin restrictions?: Hi there I bought a pretty decent laptop at a garage sale for dirt cheap because the guy said it was an old work machine that he’d lost/forgotten the password for. Anyway, I managed to reset the admin password and log in using win4key but I still can’t run .exe files etc......
  5. Admin restriction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin restriction: Hi! I keep getting a message every time I open up one of my games on a personal computer and it says something about "Contact your system administrator for more info." And I don't know how to fix it. And yes it is a personal computer. What do I do? [ATTACH]...
  6. no admin accounts but no option to change restricted mode.

no admin accounts but no option to change restricted mode.: I have been having an odd issue recently, where my youtube restricted mode suddenly turned on about a month ago. it aligned with when my school account got restricted mode enabled on it. this is on my home computer so i just removed the school account from the computer and...
  7. restricted admin permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restricted admin permissions: I am trying to add a .dll file to an existing folder and I get the message that I do not have the correct permissions and I need to and have to contact the administrator. I am the sole user of the computer and my account is set as administrator. I'm a basic computer user...
  8. Removal of admin restrictions

Removal of admin restrictions: Hi, all, I was wondering if you could tell me if it is possible to remove administrator account/restrictions. I will receive an email when someone responds. Thanks 18jamie.jones...
  9. Admin restriction removal

Admin restriction removal: Hi, all, I am wondering how you remove administrator restrictions on this computer. If you know, please respond, I will be waiting for when you are ready. Thanks 18jamie.jones...
  10. Restricted Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Restricted Mode?: I was going to watch a video on spacex.com and it said that I cant watch it in restricted mode. I searched the phrase but windows was zero. ??? 96914