Windows 10: Issues after doing Reset PC in Windows 10

Discus and support Issues after doing Reset PC in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I kept all of my personal files option for the reset. However, I keep on getting this error:[ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RebeccaKatz, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Issues after doing Reset PC in Windows 10

I kept all of my personal files option for the reset. However, I keep on getting this error: Issues after doing Reset PC in Windows 10 964ad0e3-37a1-4229-aa9b-3dd42bacab5a?upload=true.jpg Issues after doing Reset PC in Windows 10 187b4c69-8288-4b32-9c05-38af29cf3f07?upload=true.jpg

:)

RebeccaKatz, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Sep 30, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Issues after doing Reset PC in Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Issues after doing Reset PC in Windows 10

1. Issues after doing Reset PC in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issues doing Reset

2. My pc got hardware issues After reseting in a reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc got hardware issues After reseting in a reset: Hello everyone,So i got a recent problem,So i wanted to reset my pc because of an error that appeared: winlogon.exe crashes. Bu that not my problem for now so i reseted my pc everything was going correctly but when come the installationof window my pc turn off because i...
  3. display calibration issue after resetting the pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display calibration issue after resetting the pc.: my system is attacked with a virus so i reset my pc then the display looks like tinted -10 value. so i went to the service center and changed my operating system and updated all the drivers and bios. and we checked the motherboard and also the hardware checks everything. but...
  4. Activate issues after PC reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate issues after PC reset: I want to preface this by saying that I've been trying to reach out to Microsoft support for an hour now, only to find out that you can't actually chat or speak to a live agent and that you have to depend on kb articles and community posts to get a Microsoft issue resolved....
  5. PC Issues after system reset, what to do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Issues after system reset, what to do?: Hello, I just factory reset my PC. After doing so, I put new RAM DDR4 3200MHz 2x16GB into the PC, as well as a Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB NVMe SSD. I installed windows 10 to the SSD. However, now my PC freezes on the home screen occasionally after a few minutes, and seems to...
  6. Account issue Windows 10 after reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account issue Windows 10 after reset: Had a hacking issue so I reset my laptop. All was good after creating a new Microsoft account, but now it says my account is a "shared experiences" account. Ive never seen this Shared Experiences thing before. What is it and why cant I delete my account from it?...
  7. Issues with activation after resetting PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues with activation after resetting PC: Good Afternoon, I was running Windows Updates on Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10 Pro. For whatever reason the Updates hung up and as a last resort I booted in Safe Mode and ran the Reset this PC. After the reset ran and Windows reloaded I now see that I am running a...
  8. Issue with windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with windows 10 after factory reset: My system was lagging a lot so i decided to do a factory reset but after factory reset the system is not starting and keeps on restarting again and again and shows the same error every time. [IMG][IMG]...
  9. Windows 10 activation issue after reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 activation issue after reset: Hello, Since I did a full reset on my laptop for cleaning purposes I have been having issues activating Windows 10 once again on my laptop. I'm using this laptop as a personal one and I'm the admin of it. Before I was getting "Windows 10 license will expire soon" message,...
  10. windows 10 1803 mouse and keybored issue after pc reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 1803 mouse and keybored issue after pc reset: i have a Dell desktop just did a pc reset and now my usb ports no longer work i did a search on the issue im having it says plug in a wireless keybored and mouse or a ps2 keybored my desktop only has usb ports...