Windows 10: Issues after latest windows 10 update -- 0x80080005

Discus and support Issues after latest windows 10 update -- 0x80080005 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop got updated a couple of days back and after that , i am not able to install new apps from windows store. In Settings -> Updates -> I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BalajiRajagopalan1, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Issues after latest windows 10 update -- 0x80080005

Hi,

My laptop got updated a couple of days back and after that , i am not able to install new apps from windows store.

In Settings -> Updates -> I see this message and retry button.

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80080005

I did retry several times no luck.

Also ran the Windows Update troubleshooter has no effect.

If i click on view update history option in windows update settings page, settings app hangs and shows not responding.

I would rather get the latest update rolled back or proper way to fix it.

Please help to fix this .

:)

BalajiRajagopalan1, Jul 9, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 9, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 9, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Issues after latest windows 10 update -- 0x80080005

Windows Update Showing error (0x80080005) randomly

Hi, this thread:
    Fresh Windows 10 Activation/Update Issue Solved - Windows 10 Forums

suggests the error number may occur where one of the OTHER drives has a problem.

Your specs don't say whether you have other drives installed.

Anyway, worth using Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) - the best text summary of such programs I've seen- to check your disks. Failing that check SMART params and do a surface scan with something else.

More:
    How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x80080005 on Windows 10 - Appuals.com

dalchina, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Issues after latest windows 10 update -- 0x80080005

1. Issues after latest windows 10 update -- 0x80080005 - Similar Threads - Issues latest update

2. Windows update issue 0x80080005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update issue 0x80080005: Since I migrated my operating system to a new M.2 drive i've had issues keeping my windows up to date. For the first 2 updates it was fine but soon after I didn't receive a single update. I've read the threads related to this issue and have tried all of the things that are...
  3. Windows update issue 0x80080005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update issue 0x80080005: Since I migrated my operating system to a new M.2 drive i've had issues keeping my windows up to date. For the first 2 updates it was fine but soon after I didn't receive a single update. I've read the threads related to this issue and have tried all of the things that are...
  4. Windows update issue 0x80080005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Update Issue (0x80080005) :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update Issue (0x80080005) :(: I'm having an issue with windows 10. It refuses to update giving me a error (0x80080005). if i click anything on the update window the window freezes. I've called windows support and after trying for a couple hours they say the only way to resolve the issue is a clean install...
  6. I'm having this issue updating (0x80080005)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having this issue updating (0x80080005): My update doesn't happen and I get the error code as (0x80080005). What do I do? submitted by /u/YourBoyNelser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmmeml/im_having_this_issue_updating_0x80080005/
  7. Issues after latest Windows Update

Issues after latest Windows Update: So Windows updated last night upon shut down, and when I tried to turn it on this morning it's messed up. I can log in just fine, and then my desktop shows for a second before going to a black screen where you can still see the mouse moving around. I tried hitting ctrl alt...
  8. Issue (0x80080005)

Issue (0x80080005): since two months ago I can not update windows, also I can not download any app on Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-0x80080005/2a3870b1-7a2d-4a0b-aa30-26d677804562
  9. Windows update on windows 10 (0x80080005)

Windows update on windows 10 (0x80080005): Dear supporter, My windows update does not work correctly. I have tried to find helping online but none have solved the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated! [ATTACH]...
  10. Issue After Latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issue After Latest Windows 10 Update: I updated one of my PCs last week and afterward I got strange behavior from one of my applications. The PC-Doctor application on my LANBOX PC was reporting an issue for Security. Under that tab was a warning that "Your Spyware Scanner is Disabled". I looked down the list of...
Tags: