Windows 10: Issues After Manual Graphics Card Driver Update

Discus and support Issues After Manual Graphics Card Driver Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It started off with me going to Device Manager and then expanding "Display Adapters" and then selecting my graphics card. I then clicked a button at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnathanWilliams5, May 22, 2020.

1. Issues After Manual Graphics Card Driver Update

It started off with me going to Device Manager and then expanding "Display Adapters" and then selecting my graphics card. I then clicked a button at the top that would update my drivers. I selected the option that lets Windows search automatically for new drivers, and after a minute it had said it was installing a driver. What seemed like was at the time when it was almost finishing up installing the new driver the screen becomes black and then my screen reappears again for a few seconds, with my USB devices losing connection for a brief moment, and then the screen becomes black permanently with my cursor flashing in intervals. I clicked my power button on my PC to shut it down and I tried to turn it on again. The Acer loading screen was still there, and I could tell that everything booted normally, but the only problem was that the screen was totally black. I can tell things had started fine because I could hear the Windows noise that it makes when it starts up and also the software that would change the colors on my keyboard had started up causing my keyboard to change the colors to the correct ones. If anyone has a solution please post it as I am in need of a solution, especially when lockdown requires me to work from home. I'm just really disappointed as I always encounter these problems once in a while that really destroys my morale when I'm trying to find the solution. Thank you.

:)

JohnathanWilliams5, May 22, 2020

2. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 22, 2020
  3. graphics card issue in Windows 10

Hi Harish,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I would suggest you to follow the same steps above suggested by Jenith_James and select the previous operating system like
    Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 7 and install it
    and check if it helps.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to update graphics drivers
    following the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the graphics driver and select
      Update driver software.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the
    graphics card drivers and
    update and check.

Refer: How
    to install and update the drivers

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 22, 2020
  4. Issues After Manual Graphics Card Driver Update

Unsupported Graphics card .

Hello Ayush,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 22, 2020
Thema:

Issues After Manual Graphics Card Driver Update

1. Issues After Manual Graphics Card Driver Update - Similar Threads - Issues Manual Graphics

2. Issue after uninstall Graphic Card driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue after uninstall Graphic Card driver: Hello so I accidentally deleted my dx 11 Nvidia graphics thingy and I went to control panel went to recovery then I reset my pc and now it turns on lights on fans everything but when I turn my monitor on it goes in then cuts out and said no signal I’ve reseated the rams reset...
  3. Issue after uninstall Graphic Card driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue after uninstall Graphic Card driver: Hello so I accidentally deleted my dx 11 Nvidia graphics thingy and I went to control panel went to recovery then I reset my pc and now it turns on lights on fans everything but when I turn my monitor on it goes in then cuts out and said no signal I’ve reseated the rams reset...
  4. Issue after uninstall Graphic Card driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...: Could somebody please explain why this weird graphics occasionally happens, it appears occasionally for few seconds and then gone, and then returns later but irregularly. I have read that it might be graphics card driver issue, but I do ask if it might be Windows 11 related...
  6. WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...: Could somebody please explain why this weird graphics occasionally happens, it appears occasionally for few seconds and then gone, and then returns later but irregularly. I have read that it might be graphics card driver issue, but I do ask if it might be Windows 11 related...
  7. Graphics card Driver update

Graphics card Driver update: Hello, I wanted to update the driver for my Intel UHD Graphics 620 so I headed over to intel's website and downloaded the update and installed, then i was asked to restart so i restarted. After restarting the same installation window popped up and the repeated the same...
  8. Issue with PC boot after installing graphics card drivers

Issue with PC boot after installing graphics card drivers: Hello, I've got problem with my graphics card that after installing graphics card driver PC cant boot to windows. Only if i uninstall drivers in safe mode it boots to windows then when i install it and reboot pc it doesnt turns on, stops on the loading circle and after...
  9. Update Graphics Card driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Graphics Card driver: Hello,My Graphics card is Nvidia GT710.Occasionally I update its driver.Several times ago I updated the driver by running the .exe file and selecting only the graphics driver, nothing else.It left a large folder "Installer2" (about 530 MB) in the program files folder,...
  10. Issue with Nvidia graphics card after windows update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Issue with Nvidia graphics card after windows update: Hi, forums I just updated my windows 10 to version 1803 and It has brought some issues. First, my HDMI port is not working, I am on a laptop btw so it's an integrated graphics card. I also can not access my Nvidia control panel because it gives me an error that says no...