Windows 10: issues after recent update

Discus and support issues after recent update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; yes after the latest up date it has messed with my customization everything is white and I can not access the colors page because everything is frozen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by issy86, Jan 10, 2021.

1. issy86 Win User

issues after recent update

yes after the latest up date it has messed with my customization everything is white and I can not access the colors page because everything is frozen and things do not load up. I do not know if all of this has also affected the loading of my face book my groups do not load it sends a page up saying technical issues reload which I do and the same thing happens , Face book is no help with fixing it.

:)

issy86, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      issues after recent update Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 10, 2021
  4. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. issues after recent update - Similar Threads - issues recent update

2. Keyboard issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard issues after recent update: After an update the other day, the following keys stopped functioning: / Z 4 I thought it would be strange if it was water damage or dirt considering I don't eat or drink near it, and it stays in the same spot. Also the fact the position of those keys are spread out, is a bit...
  3. Keyboard issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard issues after recent update: After an update the other day, the following keys stopped functioning: / Z 4 I thought it would be strange if it was water damage or dirt considering I don't eat or drink near it, and it stays in the same spot. Also the fact the position of those keys are spread out, is a bit...
  4. Issues with loading & closing anything after recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with loading & closing anything after recent update: So last updates were KB5009543, KB890830, KB5010793 + KB5008876 & ever since everything i open & close, no longer does so quickly, it's like it fades to open then fades to close.It's damn frustrating, and unfortunately I don't know how it was turned on, or why for that...
  5. Issues with task manager after a recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with task manager after a recent update: I can't access my task manager and also the 'security at a glance' section under updates and security is coming up empty. I tried going through the group policy editor and it didn't help as well. This all happened after a recent windows update and I have also tried...
  6. Audio issue after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issue after recent windows update: After the most recent update I have been experiencing an audio issue where even though my default sound output is set to my speakers and the system sounds is set to use the default unable to change that anymore apparently? the sound is still being routed to my Arctis 7...
  7. Audio Issues After Recent Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Issues After Recent Updates: So I am using my surface pro docking station to run my speaker on and several times each day the Audio goes silent. I have ran the troubleshooter, restarted the services several times and always still have to restart my unit. I have even tried uninstalling the driver and...
  8. having issues after recently updates on win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    having issues after recently updates on win10: 1. no volume during watching video, I found the ways to solve it, however, it doesn't work(sometimes it works for a while) 2. cannot type Chinese anymore(everywhere!) 3.Microsoft Edge doesnt work anymore 2019.09.15 all happened today. cant figure out why this all happened...
  9. Issues after recent Windows update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues after recent Windows update: mem mgnmt has stuffed its head up laptops butt and is effing ransomware! Micr$not has in wind hose 10 achieved a new high for releasing bughouse untested ****. This of course means millions of users switching to anything else. Personally shorting your stock and looking...
  10. Font scaling issues are back after the recent update!

in Windows 10 Support
    Font scaling issues are back after the recent update!: If I remember correctly, the scaling issues with non-high-DPI-aware Windows applications being displayed as "blurry" were fixed in 1511 update (or around that time). My laptop has been set for 200% scaling and everything was working perfectly since 1511. The recent update...