Windows 10: Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update

Discus and support Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m pretty sure there are many posts related to the havoc the latest update Windows pushed out, but can’t seem to find any related to the few issues I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oscarnfuentes, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update

I’m pretty sure there are many posts related to the havoc the latest update Windows pushed out, but can’t seem to find any related to the few issues I am having. To note, Windows Updates auto pushed the May 2020 update to my PC.

I have an Apple Time Capsule which I use to be able to access by the device name in Build 1909 Example: \APPLETC01\ that is no longer the case. I however can access it if I use the static IP Address I’ve assigned it. 192.168.xx.xx.

Since I have if mapped as a Network location, it’s causing My PC (File Explorer) to crash and I can’t even unmap the drive because it hangs.

Windows Explorer has become sluggish, slow and I am constantly have to kill Windows Explorer in Task Manager and eventually having to do a complete reboot.

Additionally, when I launch File Explorer the Address Bar becomes black cutting off the arrow buttons or ability to select the drop down locations.

My start menu hangs constantly, if my monitor goes to sleep it hangs after I do the CTRL ALT DEL to unlock and the login screen never appears. I have to do a force shutdown. I am honestly to the point where I want to slam my desktop against the wall as I don’t think my last auto backup occurred.

Anyone else seeing many of the issues described?

submitted by /u/oscarnfuentes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oscarnfuentes, Jun 25, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update :)

4. Brink Win User

Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update

Brink, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update

1. Issues after Windows 10 Build 2004 Update - Similar Threads - Issues Build 2004

2. Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues: Hi all. So Build 2004 was just Force pushed onto my PC. I didn't click on it to get it, it was automatic. I tried this update back when if first came out and I had MANY of the same issues then as I have now. 1. Broken Sound 2. Cortana being brokenworked fine before, 2004...
  3. Windows 10 build 2004 bluetooth issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 build 2004 bluetooth issues: Hi! Does anybody know if there is already a hotfix to resolve bluetooth issue that a lot of people are having? I have 2 computers running Windows 10 2004 that have similar issues, 2 headphones with audio problems cutting, lagging and 1 bluetooth mouse that loses...
  4. Windows 10 Update - Build 2004

Windows 10 Update - Build 2004: I've been trying to update wndows 10 from build 1903 to 2004 for a while but never succeeding. I've already tried standard operations for this problem like clean boot several times , installed Media Tool Creations,made sure antivirus were completely unistalled, updated my...
  5. Windows 10 Build 2004 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Build 2004 issues: Anyone good with windows? I just installed Windows 10 build 2004 so i could enable ray tracing in warcraft and when playing the frames are all jacked with or without ray tracing and this was for wow and a few other games I play! i disabled vysnc enabled vysnc i turned off...
  6. After upgrade to windows 10 build 2004

After upgrade to windows 10 build 2004: [ATTACH] Back to the Future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrade-to-windows-10-build-2004/a1c0e6b7-9941-4f4e-8bbe-48b3c268edc4
  7. Windows 10 build 2004 issues with dnsapi.dll

Windows 10 build 2004 issues with dnsapi.dll: Hello, We have an issue possibly specific to a GPO in our environment that causes issues with the dnsapi.dll library in build 2004. The behavior that happens after a domain join computer is freshly imaged with 2004 or is updated from a previous version is that if there is...
  8. windows 10 build 2004 802.1x authentication issues

windows 10 build 2004 802.1x authentication issues: Hi We installed the new windows 10 2004 feature on some computer's and the 802.1x authentication fails. Any ideas when this will be fix? we had to revert to 1909 and works fine with that build. thanks...
  9. OneDrive issues after update to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive issues after update to Windows 10 2004: Hi! I am using windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I updated my PC to Build 2004. When I restarted it, there was an error by onedrive showing Files On-Demand error. I Tried again but it remained the same. I clicked on download and when I downloaded the files, it showed error...
  10. Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues: Hi Everyone, I've updated my Windows 10 to Build 2004 yesterday & encountered some issues till now: Windows crashes & Blue Screen shows up once cam is turned on Skype or other App. Power Saver doesn't turn on when selecting from Side Bar, I've to press Battery Icon & select...