Windows 10: Issues and problems since the last few updates. Need help fixing them.

Discus and support Issues and problems since the last few updates. Need help fixing them. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the last few updates, I've had lots of problems and its getting worse and need help fixing them. Problems: 1. My focus assist isn't working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WildChild1336, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Issues and problems since the last few updates. Need help fixing them.

Since the last few updates, I've had lots of problems and its getting worse and need help fixing them.

Problems:

1. My focus assist isn't working right. Its always enabled when set on priorities to only be enabled when playing a game or duplicating my screen. It worked fine for the first 2 weeks when it was introduced. It completely ignores priorities and its always enabled and if I disable it I will get notifications while playing a game or watching a movie and I don't want that.

2. Everytime I turn on my PC and open Edge, it opens the last tab I was on before I shut down the PC. I didn't find any option checked in settings of edge for this.

3. I went to storage and saw that windows.old folder was taking like 5 gb of space on my C disk. So I used storage in settings to delete it but it froze in middle of deleting it. After like 30 min I closed it and went to delete the folder manually but when I want to delete it I get this message :

"Could not find this item, This is no longer located in C:\. Verify the item's location and try again. Windows.old". Great.

4. I have a TV connected to my PC with HDMI so I can duplicate my screen whenever I want and watch a movie or play games on the couch. Before when I clicked to duplicate my screen on my taskbar where the sound icon is I would easily changed from "Speakers" to "TV" sound output device. Recently the "TV" sound device stopped appearing in the taskbar sound control so everytime I want to switch I have to open "Sound" setting under playback and then the device would appear. Its annoying to do that every time now.

5. Still on the sound settings here. Things got worse when one day I wanted to change playback device to "TV" I saw that it duplicated itself. Great. Now under "Sound"/playback I have one device "TV" that works and can be enabled and also another one that is called "TV" but says "Disabled, unplugged."

6. In start, the icons are sometimes just blank. By sometimes I mean most of the time.

These are the problems I have right now, hopefully no more problems will appear. I didn't find anything on the internet to solve these. I've had 2 chats with Microsoft about the focus assist problem that appeared first and after 2 hours, scanning, waiting and everything. Nothing helped. I waited for updates to fix this but instead I got new problems. There are also some screenshots of the problems. If anyone else is experiencing these, any help and support from others would be appreaciated. Thanks.

Issues and problems since the last few updates. Need help fixing them. cedc651e-41a8-4e65-9156-d53e1dd1c305?upload=true.png

Issues and problems since the last few updates. Need help fixing them. ba12b19a-7bce-439d-b582-b6c6d5aeef42?upload=true.png

Issues and problems since the last few updates. Need help fixing them. 41872eee-21dc-44ac-802e-0008c850558d?upload=true.png

:)

WildChild1336, Jul 23, 2018

2. window10 sound problems - I need help can you help me do that to fix the sound.

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• What all the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolved the issue?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing with sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jul 23, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Issues and problems since the last few updates. Need help fixing them.

Windows insider program update issue

well , in the off chance that anyone was curious as to this issue, i fixed it without the above steps....i retried it today, but remembered that i have My RAM overclocked from 1333mhz, to 1866mhz.

I dropped it back down to its stock speeds, and it breezed right though the update with no issues what so ever. problem solved.

jboydgolfer, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Issues and problems since the last few updates. Need help fixing them.

1. Issues and problems since the last few updates. Need help fixing them. - Similar Threads - Issues problems since

2. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  3. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  4. Weird issues since last update probably ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird issues since last update probably ?: Hey friends I'm not sure if my issue is related to latest updates or not but anyways here it goes... Earlier - when I turned on my laptop - the manufacturer page "Lenovo" used to start with a circling dots one for a few seconds before coming onto "Welcome" screen, now a days,...
  5. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems since last update: just wondering, if others are having problems with the latest update , since i have done so, my PC crashes, it says cant automatically fix, i have go do a restore, then it works again....
  6. Email keeps needing to be 'fixed' since the last Windows updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email keeps needing to be 'fixed' since the last Windows updates.: Since the last Window update our mail accounts all come up as outdated almost every day. I have to go into each one and this is really a hassle. Can you please fix this as I know more people have the same issue....
  7. Problems since last couple of updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems since last couple of updates: Some time after the last Windows update (maybe 2) I have a few issues. 1. I no longer can get icons in my pictures folder only the Microsoft Photo icon. I have tried all the suggested fixes, but nothing works. 2. My earplug jack isn't working properly. I plug in my earbud...
  8. printing problem since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printing problem since last update: Everything I try to print goes into 'Print to File' mode, even though I made sure that box wasn't ticked in each program I tried to print from. I followed instructions on videos but no luck. So much wasted time!...
  9. Problems With Mouse Since Last Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems With Mouse Since Last Update: Since the update last Tueday I'm been having problems with my mouse. I thought it was my mouse, and I went out today and bought another mouse, but I'm still have problems controlling my cursor. Sometimes I need to keep clicking on the Delete icon to delete an e-mail or I need...
  10. Since updating to 10 there is a few issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Since updating to 10 there is a few issues.: Hi all my friend updated to windows 10 a few months ago. There are a couple of issue. She has a Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5120 original operating system 8.1 64bit Okay here is the issue. One streaming is lagging. Two browser freezes on both IE and Firefox.. Here is what...