Windows 10: Issues arising when laptop wakes up from sleep

Discus and support Issues arising when laptop wakes up from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy Model M1W82UA#ABA and experience a variety of issues when my computer goes to sleep and wakes up. These include: Computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ConceptEight, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Issues arising when laptop wakes up from sleep

I have an HP Envy Model M1W82UA#ABA and experience a variety of issues when my computer goes to sleep and wakes up. These include:

• Computer crashes and restarts because of 'Driver Power State Failure' (according to Event Viewer) or ntoskrnl.exe according to BlueScreenView
    • Touchscreen, USB ports, and headphone jack stop working, but devices that are already plugged in work until they are unplugged and plugged back in. Additionally, when trying to shut off/restart my computer, it hangs on the 'shutting down' screen forever until I hold down the power button
    • Computer does not wake up from sleep mode, with screen lit, power button lit, airplane mode light orange, and fan running. The only fix for this is holding down the power button.

These issues don't (as far as I know) happen when I hibernate the computer. They also don't happen every time my computer goes to sleep, I'd say maybe 25-30% of the time I wake up from sleep one of those 3 happen. I know it's not the hard drive (swapped out hard drive for SSD) or memory (passed MemTest). I'm also passing all the tests in HP Hardware assistant and HP Support Assistant doesn't list any driver updates. Any ideas?

:)

ConceptEight, Feb 5, 2018
  2. qsalazar Win User

Windows 10 laptop not waking up from sleep

The issue is that the laptops are not WAKING UP from sleep. We don't have a problem of them going in to sleep mode.

qsalazar, Feb 5, 2018
  3. ionut_96 Win User
    Non pixel screen after I reopen the laptop

Yes,the issue only occurs when i wake up my laptop from sleep and occurs immediately at startup.When i turn off and then turn on the laptop work fine.

ionut_96, Feb 5, 2018
  4. mrgeek Win User

Issues arising when laptop wakes up from sleep

First thing I would try is unplug all usb but mouse and keyboard. Then turn off Fast Startup in Settings or turn off Hibernation with command prompt admin and type-
    powercfg -h off Enter. Test for a day or two and see if wake from sleep and restart/shut down work properly.

mrgeek, Feb 5, 2018
  5. This happens with Fast Startup off as well

ConceptEight, Feb 5, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    Driver power state failure is bugcheck 9F. This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
    Run this version of the log collector and post a zip into this thread:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Issues arising when laptop wakes up from sleep

1. Issues arising when laptop wakes up from sleep - Similar Threads - Issues arising laptop

2. Windows crashing when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing when waking up laptop from sleep: Hi,For the past 2 months or so, my laptop crashes sometimes when i wake it up from sleep. It does not happen everytime. So far I have tried1. Waking up the laptop when it is connected to power - to eliminate any battery related issues2. Updated graphics drivers of both...
  3. Windows crashing when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing when waking up laptop from sleep: Hi,For the past 2 months or so, my laptop crashes sometimes when i wake it up from sleep. It does not happen everytime. So far I have tried1. Waking up the laptop when it is connected to power - to eliminate any battery related issues2. Updated graphics drivers of both...
  4. Windows crashing when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  6. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  7. Laptop Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION When Waking Up From Sleep

Laptop Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION When Waking Up From Sleep: My laptop sometimes gets DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when waking up from sleep. The BSOD most happened when I didn't plug the power of the laptop. I tried update to the latest Windows 10 and used SFC to scan the files. Here's the minidump and system info of the laptop....
  8. Laptop restarts when waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop restarts when waking up from sleep mode: I'm facing issues with my Win10 Asus Laptop for about 3 weeks now when it wakes up from sleep. It takes a long time to load and then does a full restart. When it restarts my audio doesn't work and the audio icon shows me "no audio output device installed" Anyone facing the...
  9. BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep

BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep: I've bought a new laptop (Lenovo S540 (AMD)) recently, but encountered a BSOD of the following bug code [ATTACH] And this is the windows version [ATTACH] And dump file LAPTOP-JAMAEQ11-(2020-11-20_18-51-56).zip - Google Drive Any help would be greatly appreciated,...
  10. Laptop waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...