Windows 10: Issues connection to RD Gateway

Discus and support Issues connection to RD Gateway in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear all, I have some trouble with some (not all) users connecting to RD Gateway. The RD Gateway is running Windows Server 2012 R2, the clients... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harald Niehus, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Issues connection to RD Gateway

Dear all,

I have some trouble with some (not all) users connecting to RD Gateway. The RD Gateway is running Windows Server 2012 R2, the clients having the issues are Windows 10.

When these users try to connect to the GW, the following error with Event ID 306 occurs in the Eventlog:

The user "Unknown", on client computer "x.x.x.x", was not authorized to connect to the RD Gateway server because a tunnel could not be created. The authentication method attempted: "Cookie" and connection protocol "HTTP". The following error occurred: "2147965432".

I tried to Google that but with little to no success. I found similar issues though, talking about checking the GW Certificate in one post, actually that was setup correctly. Another post talked about just doing an iisreset, which I did but also to no avail.

Also I checked the LANMan settings (Network security: LAN Manager authentication level) on server and client both seem to be established via Domain GPO (I can't change them. Anyway, they are both set to the same level.

Did anyone else face similar issues with RD Gateway and Windows 10? What else could I do?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Harald

:)

Harald Niehus, Jul 6, 2018
  2. _HL
    _HL Win User

RD Client App - TS gateway error?

We are having a problem figuring out why the RD Client (Android App) can't connect to the gateway or says it can't. We originally found this error on a Samsung Galaxy tablet that is trying to remote into a new workstation. The error message we get is "Can't
    connect to the Remote Desktop Gateway. Contact your network administrator for assistance. (Error code: 0x03000008)"

Because of the error message we tried using the RD client to remote into other workstations to check the gateway and everything worked as expected. We don't know what's different about the new workstation. The problem can be recreated from out Android phones
    as well which is what we're using for testing purposes. We know that we can get into the new workstation from laptops and computers but it's the tablets and cell phones that are struggling.

We also know that when we log on from the network (with the cell phones) we can remote in, here and there, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, not sure what the pattern is there. But when we use the IP address of the workstation instead of the hostname
    (while still on the network) we can get in every single time. When we're off the network (which is really when we want this RD client to work) it never hits the workstation, using the hostname or IP address.

On and off the network when logging in we use our enterprise credentials to get through the gateway, the times we get through, we are able to put in credentials for the workstation but then we get the error message. It's weird how it will give the error
    after going through the gateway, hitting the workstation. And then other times right after we enter our enterprise credentials the error message will come up.

Everything seems inconsistent and we've done a lot of research and can't really narrow down what the problem is or what leads to take next. Any input, suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to ask more clarifying questions.

P.S. we've also tried with Apple (iOS) and it doesn't work for us either.

11/16/2015 Update:

We have noticed a small pattern, not sure if it is significant, but the RD Client always gives us the same error when we try to remote into a Windows 7 Enterprise Operating System. The workstation we want to remote into, does have a Windows 7 Enterprise
    OS.

We also found out gateway logs (finally) and noticed that we do get through our gateway and get to our workstations, but on the app it just displays the error.

3. Limited Connectivity Win 10 (Deafult Gateway Not Avaliable)

Hi John,

This could be an issue with the network configuration for the Ethernet connection on the computer due to incorrect gateway setting as compared to the default gateway.

Is there any third party security software installed on the computer?

Check for the network IP and compare it to the default gateway IP. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows and R key and type cmd. Hit Enter. Type “ipconfig/all” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• Check if the default gateway IP and the network IP (IPV4 or more appropriately IPV6). (Refer to the description provided above in context of the IP matchup).

To troubleshoot the issue further, I would suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it finds and fixes any issues with the network settings. Follow the methods:

Method 1: Reset the IP configuration and check if it fixes the issue for us. Follow the steps:

• PressWindows and R key together and type cmd. HitEnter.

• Type the following commands and hit Enter:

netsh winsock reset

netsh winsock reset catalog

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip stop

netsh int ip start

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the updated status. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Issues connection to RD Gateway

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Issues connection to RD Gateway

1. Issues connection to RD Gateway - Similar Threads - Issues connection Gateway

2. RD app no longer connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RD app no longer connecting: Something has fouled up remote access to my PC. I have been using the MS RD app on IOS but I keep getting error messages they vary, as I have erased my previous connection and have been trying various ways to rebuild it, without success.At the same time, I can no longer...
  3. RD app no longer connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RD app no longer connecting: Something has fouled up remote access to my PC. I have been using the MS RD app on IOS but I keep getting error messages they vary, as I have erased my previous connection and have been trying various ways to rebuild it, without success.At the same time, I can no longer...
  4. Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor: I have recently setup a new Remote Desktop Gateway/Farm which is Windows 2019 and have setup azure multifactor on it - this points to a Windows 2016 NPS, which in turn authenticates the Multifactor as per the MS article...
  5. Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor: I have recently setup a new Remote Desktop Gateway/Farm which is Windows 2019 and have setup azure multifactor on it - this points to a Windows 2016 NPS, which in turn authenticates the Multifactor as per the MS article...
  6. Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Server 2019 RD Gateway Testing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Server 2019 RD Gateway Testing: Hi Im struggling with getting past the security layering to test an RDS Gateway configured on a 2019 Standard Server. was easier with Access Anywhere Anyway I have a New PDC 2019 Server on a self contained Test LAN behind a router/firewall - connected to my Home LAN via...
  8. Remote Desktop Gateway Connection issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Gateway Connection issue: Hi, I have an issue with a new Gateway i created setup below, i first got an error "The Computer cant verify the identity of the RD Gateway" and i confirmed the root certificate was in trusted as well as personal store. After a reboot i got the message "Your computer cant...
  9. Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt: When I try to RDP into a server, its asking me for my Windows Hello PIN. I then have to click 'more choices' select, my domain account, and login. I have to do this every time. How do I change the RDP prompt to default to my domain credentials, instead of trying to use...
  10. remote desktop gateway connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote desktop gateway connection issues: our organization is trying to access a remote desktop gateway server on AWS for our electronic dental records software. If I use my laptop at home it works fine. if I use my laptop here at the office it works. But even behind the same firewall, if I attempt to login to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x03000008 RDP Gateway error

2. windows 1903 issues with RD Gateway connection

3. issues connecting using RD Gateway on windows 1809

4. cant connect to rd gateway server from windows 10 1709?,
  5. rd gateway problem