Windows 10: Issues copying files through File Explorer

Discus and support Issues copying files through File Explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some how windows file explorer copying files is not working as it used to... If I copy and past a large block of files, it starts reading the block and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnMichael1, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Issues copying files through File Explorer

Some how windows file explorer copying files is not working as it used to... If I copy and past a large block of files, it starts reading the block and then closes.

Thank you for your Support.

***Modified title from: Windows File Explorer***

:)

JohnMichael1, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Feb 10, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Issues copying files through File Explorer

AngelCarreno, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Issues copying files through File Explorer

1. Issues copying files through File Explorer - Similar Threads - Issues copying files

2. Not able to access files on a mobile through File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to access files on a mobile through File Explorer: My Samsung Android phone doesn't show up in the file explorer as a drive on my laptop running Windows 11 when connected through USB port. It gets recognized under Bluetooth devices / Devices as SAMSUNG_Android. I restarted both my laptop and mobile. I uninstalled and...
  3. Not able to access files on a mobile through File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to access files on a mobile through File Explorer: My Samsung Android phone doesn't show up in the file explorer as a drive on my laptop running Windows 11 when connected through USB port. It gets recognized under Bluetooth devices / Devices as SAMSUNG_Android. I restarted both my laptop and mobile. I uninstalled and...
  4. File Explorer - Copy Files en-masse

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - Copy Files en-masse: Hi,it was sometime back but there was a little app/too/bit of software that used a .csv file to copy files from one structure to another in Windows Explorer.Off the top of my head the .csv looked if one line something like:FromToFullPathFullPathC:\Users\huw.grossmith\Foodbank...
  5. File Explorer - Copy Files en-masse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Copy Files en-masse: Hi,it was sometime back but there was a little app/too/bit of software that used a .csv file to copy files from one structure to another in Windows Explorer.Off the top of my head the .csv looked if one line something like:FromToFullPathFullPathC:\Users\huw.grossmith\Foodbank...
  6. File Explorer - Copy Files en-masse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. copy files with permission issues

copy files with permission issues: trying to copy files from external drive from local user to azure joined user, but getting permission errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-files-with-permission-issues/ce5f122f-b974-4ddc-aeaf-6bdeeb085aff
  8. Copying files in File Explorer

Copying files in File Explorer: Copying files in File Explorer is not working as expected. When I am trying to copy several files, it closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-in-file-explorer/05006916-943f-467b-ab5d-6043e51ce79d
  9. File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer

File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer: With Win7 support gone, I finally got 2 Win10 x64 Pro v1909 machines up and running. Like so many other Win10 users, I have struggled to get network sharing to work. I have Googled, read and followed countless procedures and suggestions over the past few weeks, ad nauseam....
  10. FTP Access through File Explorer

FTP Access through File Explorer: I mapped a network drive to my webserver using an FTP address. Now when I open the mapped drive in File Explorer and navigate to a folder and then try to open a file it won't open in anything but Chrome which then displays a blank page. I can't open a text file or a jpg or...