Windows 10: Issues displaying laptop to tv

Discus and support Issues displaying laptop to tv in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I use GOOGLE CHROME to try to case my laptop to the TV I get a message that the source cannot be detected. How do I troubleshoot the issues?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TonyaLewis1, May 2, 2020.

1. Issues displaying laptop to tv

When I use GOOGLE CHROME to try to case my laptop to the TV I get a message that the source cannot be detected. How do I troubleshoot the issues?

:)

TonyaLewis1, May 2, 2020

2. Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV

I have a Dell laptop that was running Windows 7 yesterday. I connected the laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable and everything that appeared on the laptop display also appeared on the TV. Control remained with the laptop. Unfortunately, when I called up
    a streaming news channel on the laptop and tried to display it on the TV, there was audio but no video. After trying various combinations, I realized the laptop, itself, even when fully disconnected from the TV, was unable to display video from the news channel.
    In other words, it wasn't a problem with the TV or with the HDMI cable, it was a problem with the laptop, likely a software issue.

After much dithering, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 this morning. I went to the Microsoft website and followed all instructions to download and install Windows 10 on the laptop. After nearly 2 hours, all was well. The laptop started up properly in
    Windows 10 and I was now able to get both audio and video from the streaming news channel to display properly on the laptop.

I then reconnected the laptop to the TV with the same HDMI cable and got nothing on the TV screen except a message saying there was no signal coming in from the HDMI port I was using. I read a ton of online help articles and eventually updated the drivers
    for the display adapters in Device Manager. After restarting the laptop and connecting it to the TV, I was able to get a mixture of items on the laptop display and on the TV. For example, the shortcuts icons and task bar appear on the laptop while only the
    task bar appears on the TV. When I open my browser (Chrome, which is up-to-date), the browser window appears on the TV but not on the laptop.

I then discovered the Project screen I could get by pressing the Windows key and P. The Project screen gives me 4 choices for the display options between my laptop and TV. Ideally, I want the Duplicate option, where the same info appears on both displays
    but I still control everything from the laptop. Unfortunately, when I click this option, I get a much-compressed display on the laptop and nothing on the TV; the TV shows a message saying there is no input. Choosing the Extend option gives me the same image
    on both the laptop and TV but I can only control things by moving the cursor on the TV; there is no cursor on the laptop.

So, any suggestions would be appreciated. And if I need to provide more or different information, please tell me what that might be. Thanks in advance.

RichardFelts, May 2, 2020
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, May 2, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

Issues displaying laptop to tv

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Issues displaying laptop to tv

1. Issues displaying laptop to tv - Similar Threads - Issues displaying laptop

2. Laptop Display Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Display Issue: This question refers to VB6 which I know is no longer supported however I believe this is a Windows 10 issue.It's slightly difficult to explain. It happens when I click on any control on the VB6 IDE, an existing control or when adding a new one. As an example, having added a...
  3. two tv's display from one laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    two tv's display from one laptop: How can I make my two TV's view the same thing from my laptop by using wi-fi without HDMI cord? I can get one to work, but not both of them. 159184
  4. two tv's display from one laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    two tv's display from one laptop: How can I make my two TV's view the same thing from my laptop by using wi-fi without HDMI cord? I can get one to work, but not both of them. 159184
  5. Laptop HDMI to TV displays a crappy image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop HDMI to TV displays a crappy image: So I connected my laptop to a TV monitor and the image looks like shit. Its not stretched, but the colors are unusual and it looks pixely. Has anyone else had this issue, and does anyone know how to fix it? Connectivity is via HDMI (displayport to hdmi cable). Laptop is an...
  6. Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue Mirroring Display from Laptop to TV: I have a Dell laptop that was running Windows 7 yesterday. I connected the laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable and everything that appeared on the laptop display also appeared on the TV. Control remained with the laptop. Unfortunately, when I called up a streaming news...
  7. Scaling issue on 32'' TV Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scaling issue on 32'' TV Display: I've read enough on overscan issues to confidently say that isn't the issue I'm having. I've gone through my Intel Graphics settings and NVIDAI control panel but haven't found anything useful but I may have missed something. What I'm trying to do is replace my two Lenovo...
  8. Laptop display not displaying game correctly, but external TV does???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop display not displaying game correctly, but external TV does???: Ok so this is a weird one. I have a Dell inspiron running windows 10. I bought this really old game, Pharoah which I really enjoy playing. My problem comes in when I try and play it when my external TV is not connected via HDMI as a display. On the TV it displays fine (other...
  9. Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display: Once again after a Windows update i have a problem.when i put hdmi lead in laptop my laptop goes black and defaults to the tv and have no way to change it this problem only effects samsung tv have tried on another tv works fine looks like a rollback for me ,have updated...
  10. TV Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Display: How to I connect Windows 10 laptop to display on TV using HDMI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/tv-display/085a18f1-272e-4af9-9b99-30df070b7dbc