Windows 10: Issues Editing JPG Photos in the Photos Application

Discus and support Issues Editing JPG Photos in the Photos Application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community,I’m having issues with the Windows 10 default Photos App while trying to edit JPG photos. Some of the problems I’m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Branden107, May 24, 2021.

1. Issues Editing JPG Photos in the Photos Application

Dear Microsoft Community,I’m having issues with the Windows 10 default Photos App while trying to edit JPG photos. Some of the problems I’m experiencing are:Next photo/previous photo arrows go missing. They came back after restarting my computer.Crop arrow stays after crop is applied instead of the pointer arrow that should be there.Crop does not apply after pressing save even with multiple attempts but works after closing and reopening the application.Cropping tool exhibits extreme lag when adjusting the area I want to select.Crop does not apply after moving to the adjustments

:)

Branden107, May 24, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Issues Editing JPG Photos in the Photos Application 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, May 24, 2021
  3. Issues with Microsoft photo editor

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your computer recently?
    3. What exactly happen when you try to use the Photo editor?
    4. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

I understand you are facing issues with Photo editor application, if you are using the Photo editor app which is downloaded from Microsoft Store, I suggest you to refer the following article and try few troubleshooting
    steps to fix issues with Photo editor
    and check if that helps.

Microsoft has replaced Photo Editor with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, a new photo editing and cataloging program in Office 2010, in Office 2007, and in Office 2003.

If the application has been removed from your PC, when you install Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007, or Microsoft Office 2003, I suggest you to refer the following article to reinstall

Photo Editor
    and check if that helps.

Reply back with the information, to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 24, 2021
  4. lxROKxl Win User

Issues Editing JPG Photos in the Photos Application

Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Issues Editing JPG Photos in the Photos Application [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Issues Editing JPG Photos in the Photos Application :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Issues Editing JPG Photos in the Photos Application

1. Issues Editing JPG Photos in the Photos Application - Similar Threads - Issues Editing JPG

2. issue with the photos application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    issue with the photos application: when I try to open the photo application to modify a video there is a pop up that say that there is a problem and this code0x80070057 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-the-photos-application/5158854e-f105-4d92-91cf-0f2dab5d90bf
  3. issue with the photos application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issue with the photos application: when I try to open the photo application to modify a video there is a pop up that say that there is a problem and this code0x80070057 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-the-photos-application/5158854e-f105-4d92-91cf-0f2dab5d90bf
  4. jpg photos corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg photos corrupt: I have corrupted JPG images. I cannot open I used most of the programs for the repair [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-photos-corrupt/20079b5f-d428-4d19-8c6b-794bf7ca4916
  5. Editing photos

Editing photos: I can edit my photos from my Sony camera np problem but I am unable to do any editing on photos from my Samsung S10e mobile. The message 'oops, couldn't save that one' appears. Can you help me out with this please....
  6. Photo editing

Photo editing: When I type on a picture using the photo editor, the video creator is activated bottom of screen. Then when I try to save my edits to the photo, I get a message that I need to finish my video before I can save. Very frustrating. Something is corrupted in the video editing...
  7. JPG photos not supported on Photos

JPG photos not supported on Photos: Good evening. Have been trying to transfer photos from my Samsung S7 and they are in jpg format and when I try and open on desktop or laptop they say unsupported. Tried to uninstall and reinstall and still not working. Apologies if asked and solved already but this is...
  8. Photos in jpg

Photos in jpg: Heei! Why when I download photos from my camera SD card the photos are not saving in jpg? Because when I want to send my photos from the pc I just can not find the pics there...
  9. opening jpg photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening jpg photos: I cannot open photos in jpg format when I double click on them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpg-photos/fcce5b94-6b60-4f59-a732-28835bcdcdc0
  10. Printing a JPG photo

in Windows 10 Support
    Printing a JPG photo: I have Windows 10 and have a photo in my pictures folder in jpg format. There is no icon on that screen enabling me to print that photo. How to do it? 41412