Windows 10: Issues faced after upgrading to Windows 11

Discus and support Issues faced after upgrading to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavillion laptop with Core i7 11th generation, 16 gb RAM and 1 tb SSD. I have recently bought this laptop and so far, had no problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jahar, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Jahar Win User

Issues faced after upgrading to Windows 11

I have a HP Pavillion laptop with Core i7 11th generation, 16 gb RAM and 1 tb SSD. I have recently bought this laptop and so far, had no problems running it on Windows 10.I upgraded to windows 10 today and am facing the following problems:1. Widgets button is inactive. Clicking it produces no result2. The inbuilt Teams for personal use app that comes with Windows 11 does not work. It keeps crashing creating several dormant instances. I am a teacher and use Teams extensively. The desktop app runs fine even now3. Several apps have stopped working - typically social media. If started as an admi

:)

Jahar, Oct 22, 2021

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Error 11/11/2015

Hi Marianne,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with installing the updates, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to see any error notification along with the error code?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you able to boot in to the desktop?

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to hard reboot the computer and perform the below.

Step 1: Try to eject all the external devices connected to your computer except mouse and keyboard, reboot the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

For further reference: How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10
    Installation

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Issues faced after upgrading to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Issues faced upgrading

2. Windows 11 facing a issue in keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 facing a issue in keyboard: Do you think you could assist me with a Microsoft-related issue? I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen Laptop. When I purchased the used laptop, it came with a Japanese keyboard and OS. I changed the region and language settings of Windows, and for nearly 2 months, the keyboard...
  3. Windows 11 facing a issue in keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 facing a issue in keyboard: Do you think you could assist me with a Microsoft-related issue? I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen Laptop. When I purchased the used laptop, it came with a Japanese keyboard and OS. I changed the region and language settings of Windows, and for nearly 2 months, the keyboard...
  4. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, but facing some issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, but facing some issues.: I have bought a Dell G15 5521 laptop with Windows 11 home OS installed. So, I have upgraded windows 11 home to pro from AppStore and paid the amount as mentioned.As we know that company is providing their own app for software, so when I opened "My Dell" app it is showing to...
  5. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, but facing some issues.

Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, but facing some issues.: I have bought a Dell G15 5521 laptop with Windows 11 home OS installed. So, I have upgraded windows 11 home to pro from AppStore and paid the amount as mentioned.As we know that company is providing their own app for software, so when I opened "My Dell" app it is showing to...
  6. facing explorer issue in windows 11

facing explorer issue in windows 11: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22621.1344, time stamp: 0x7e4082a9Faulting module name: QtCore_Ad_SyncNs_4.dll_unloaded, version: 4.8.2.0, time stamp: 0x50d3fca7Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00000000000265feFaulting process id:...
  7. Face recognition issue on Windows 11

Face recognition issue on Windows 11: Hello We are having an issue with a client on Windows 11.Device is domain joined.We trying to setup Face Recognition as its enabled on the domain.We click to set it up, client is facing the camera.It comes back with the error that Face Recognition is already setup on another...
  8. In Windows 11, I'm facing this issue,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, I'm facing this issue,: I am running Windows 11 on my 2 year old Laptop, it was running Windows 10, then upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. I am facing this issue. Please help me solve it or if it's a bug, then please raise this issue to Microsoft to release an update to fix it....
  9. In Windows 11, I'm facing this issue,

In Windows 11, I'm facing this issue,: I am running Windows 11 on my 2 year old Laptop, it was running Windows 10, then upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. I am facing this issue. Please help me solve it or if it's a bug, then please raise this issue to Microsoft to release an update to fix it....
  10. Issues faced after upgrading to Windows 11

Issues faced after upgrading to Windows 11: I have a HP Pavillion laptop with Core i7 11th generation, 16 gb RAM and 1 tb SSD. I have recently bought this laptop and so far, had no problems running it on Windows 10.I upgraded to windows 10 today and am facing the following problems:1. Widgets button is inactive....