Windows 10: Issues from latest Windows 11 update: PinWindows Hello not available/no shut down

Discus and support Issues from latest Windows 11 update: PinWindows Hello not available/no shut down in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the update this week, it seemed to mess with my sign in by pin option. I'm now at the stage where, although I can still use my pin to sign in, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JK1257, Oct 4, 2022.

1. JK1257 Win User

Issues from latest Windows 11 update: PinWindows Hello not available/no shut down

After the update this week, it seemed to mess with my sign in by pin option. I'm now at the stage where, although I can still use my pin to sign in, in settings it is saying Pin option not available. This is messing with the security requirements of my work email so it no longer syncs.In addition to this, I can no longer shut down my laptop by clicking on "shut down" , my only option is a hard shut down.How can I fix these?

:)

JK1257, Oct 4, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows XP update and internet Issue

Microsoft has been shutting down some of their XP update server to prepare for the end of life of XP. That means that if your ISPs DNS servers are slow at updating then you will be trying to use servers that no longer exist.

I suggest you download the latest XP roll-up disc, it will have most of the updates you need and I also suggest hard coding a Google DNS as your primary DNS in your router.

newtekie1, Oct 4, 2022
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Windows Hello Not Available

Hi,

Windows Hello allows you to login into your system by recognizing your fingerprint or your face or your iris rather than using a pin code or a password, provided that you have a webcam and a finger scanner that work.

If you’re having “Windows Hello isn’t available on this device.” in your Settings windows. We suggest to run through the settings of the sign-in options. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Update Your PC

First of all, make sure that you’ve installed any possible update that is available for Windows 10. See if you have needed patches installed:

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time. Click Update & security.
    • Click the Check for updates button. Install available updates found.

When you finish, move on to the second step.

Step 2: Enable Biometric from Administration

If you don’t have the administrator permission, you’re not likely to use Windows Hello on your PC. To fix it:

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
    • Follow the path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components. On the right side of the pane, double-click Allow the use of biometrics.
    • Click Enabled. Then click Apply and OK to save the change.
    • Reboot your computer and then move on to the next step.

Step 3: Update Your Fingerprint Device Driver

If your fingerprint device driver is outdated or faulty, you’ll find the hardware impossible to use. You can update the device driver to fix it.

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time, and click Device Manager.
    • Click the icon for Scan for hardware changes on the top bar.
    • Expand Biometric devices. Right-click the fingerprint sensor device that you have and click Uninstall.
    • You can choose to reboot your computer for Windows to help you locate the driver that it could find for your device. Or, as an alternative, you can choose to update the driver by yourself.
      Simply follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this link
      to update your drivers.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 4, 2022
  4. Issues from latest Windows 11 update: PinWindows Hello not available/no shut down

Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Oct 4, 2022
Thema:

Issues from latest Windows 11 update: PinWindows Hello not available/no shut down

1. Issues from latest Windows 11 update: PinWindows Hello not available/no shut down - Similar Threads - Issues latest update

2. windows shut down issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows shut down issue.: whenever i'm connecting the charger to my laptop, a cmd prompt window with system32 pop up and my laptop automatically shut down. the laptop is working fine if i open ubuntu and connect the charger. i don't know what is happening. it's not the issue with the charger since its...
  3. windows shut down issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows shut down issue.: whenever i'm connecting the charger to my laptop, a cmd prompt window with system32 pop up and my laptop automatically shut down. the laptop is working fine if i open ubuntu and connect the charger. i don't know what is happening. it's not the issue with the charger since its...
  4. windows shut down issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error in reseting PINWindows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error in reseting PINWindows Hello: I want to change my pin but it is showing Sorry, this PIN isn’t working for your organization’s resources. Tap or click here to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-in-reseting-pinwindows-hello/d7e197d5-5adf-4bdc-8cae-cca091e42e70
  6. Error in reseting PINWindows Hello

Error in reseting PINWindows Hello: I want to change my pin but it is showing Sorry, this PIN isn’t working for your organization’s resources. Tap or click here to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-in-reseting-pinwindows-hello/d7e197d5-5adf-4bdc-8cae-cca091e42e70
  7. Error in reseting PINWindows Hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Many Issues From Latest Windows 11 Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many Issues From Latest Windows 11 Updates: Hi,Hoping someone can help. My issues began with one of the more recent Microsoft updates- the one that is associated with Nvidia graphics cards having issues. I had to reinstall Windows 11. After reinstalling, Windows Explorer crashed and wouldn’t open again, so I...
  9. Many Issues From Latest Windows 11 Updates

Many Issues From Latest Windows 11 Updates: Hi,Hoping someone can help. My issues began with one of the more recent Microsoft updates- the one that is associated with Nvidia graphics cards having issues. I had to reinstall Windows 11. After reinstalling, Windows Explorer crashed and wouldn’t open again, so I...
  10. Issues from latest Windows 11 update: PinWindows Hello not available/no shut down

Issues from latest Windows 11 update: PinWindows Hello not available/no shut down: After the update this week, it seemed to mess with my sign in by pin option. I'm now at the stage where, although I can still use my pin to sign in, in settings it is saying Pin option not available. This is messing with the security requirements of my work email so it no...