Windows 10: Issues Hibernating My Laptop

Discus and support Issues Hibernating My Laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I am using a Dell XPS 13 7390 (i7,8GB Ram,512SSD). Whenever I use the power button to hibernate the computer (which I have configured in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jack-C-Breen, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Issues Hibernating My Laptop

Hi there,

I am using a Dell XPS 13 7390 (i7,8GB Ram,512SSD). Whenever I use the power button to hibernate the computer (which I have configured in the control panel before someone asks), the laptop turns off for a couple of seconds but then turns back on to the lock screen. This is very annoying as it means that I have to either shut down or use sleep mode when I am finished or leaving it. I have done countless hours of googling and troubleshooting, checking the registry, task manager, scheduler, etc. I would be eternally grateful to anyone who has a fix for this issue that is beginning to spoil the experience of using the laptop for me. Again before someone recommends it, I am aiming to avoid doing a reset or complete fresh install.

Thanks In Advance!

submitted by /u/Jack-C-Breen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jack-C-Breen, Nov 6, 2020

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Another power related issue (Hibernation error)

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply with the Hardware configuration information of your device.

1. What is the make and model of the laptop?
    2. Have you tried all the above mentioned methods which was suggested to fix the issue with the Hibernation?

Awaiting for your response.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Issues Hibernating My Laptop

Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Issues Hibernating My Laptop

1. Issues Hibernating My Laptop - Similar Threads - Issues Hibernating Laptop

2. Waking and Hibernate issues with new Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waking and Hibernate issues with new Laptop: Hello I recently purchased a new laptop running windows 11 and found that If I select the external mouse NOT to wake the PC in Power Management tab in properties, it continues to wake it. I tried different brands both wired and wireless and all showed the same issue.If I...
  3. Waking and Hibernate issues with new Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Waking and Hibernate issues with new Laptop: Hello I recently purchased a new laptop running windows 11 and found that If I select the external mouse NOT to wake the PC in Power Management tab in properties, it continues to wake it. I tried different brands both wired and wireless and all showed the same issue.If I...
  4. hibernation problem with my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hibernation problem with my laptop: i have tried everthing but still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-problem-with-my-laptop/5aa1255b-0ff5-44b0-8542-43231e05e867
  5. Lenovo Laptop Hibernate (?) issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo Laptop Hibernate (?) issue?: So I've had a 'situation' with this laptop for almost two years. It's not a bug but a setting. But it does bug me, lol. I finally remembered to finally look into it. And what should have been simple (as usual with Windows) ain't. I have four PCs in my house. If they're...
  6. Problem unsolved on my laptop auto hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem unsolved on my laptop auto hibernate issue: The issue I asked last time: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-of-laptop-suddenly-go-sleep-mode-and/b3dc6b6e-ecac-413f-8f19-7044ebb99725 After I applied the solution my laptop face the issue lesser, however, It will happen again from time to...
  7. Issues with Hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with Hibernation: I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop. After the upgraded Windows 10 , I ran into issues of the Blue Screen. That got resolved by upgrading the network driver. Then came the issue of the wi fi going off and not connecting. Therefore I was advised to download the driver from the Lenovo...
  8. Hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate issue: I have Dell inspiron 5559 laptop...os-windows 10. Recently when I was using my laptop it suddenly stoppednot even showing shutting down as if by battery was at 0% charge. But at that time charging cable was connected. Now when I use the laptop with charging cable connected...
  9. My Laptop is frozen in "Hibernating"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is frozen in "Hibernating": Hello, yesterday I was using my laptop then when I was using Messenger, it said "No More Memory, please end a task" and so I looked at the taskbar and most of it was an app from system32 called "audiodg.exe" I then proceeded to end it and then I Shut it Down. After that, when...
  10. Issues with hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with hibernation: I've been encountering some issues with waking up from hibernation that have been driving me nuts for quite a while. So, my laptop used to hibernate perfectly with no issues but a month ago this issue appeared. Mainly, when I hibernate my laptop it works good. But when I...