Windows 10: issues installing a game

Discus and support issues installing a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought crackdown 3, I tired to install it on my pc but as soon as it tries to download I get a pop up saying "cannot install we'll try shortly" and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by redzone2003, Feb 23, 2019.

1. issues installing a game

I bought crackdown 3, I tired to install it on my pc but as soon as it tries to download I get a pop up saying "cannot install we'll try shortly" and I have been getting different error codes, currently I am getting 0x80070005 on campaign and wrecking zone but for the main thing I am getting 0x803FB107. but I was getting 0x803F8001. I have tried the WSreset.exe, currently living in japan so I changed my time zone back to US east. I am trying to install it on my storage drive not my c drive. I did the same to sea of thieves but that works with no issue

:)

redzone2003, Feb 23, 2019

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Game Installation Issues Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the Zoo Tycoon 2 game on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • From where have you downloaded the game?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Support article, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Microsoft Games: InstallShield Error Messages

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2019
  4. issues installing a game

Game installation issue

Hi,

Error "An installation support file '_IsUser.dll' could not be installed" may appear due to corrupted system files. For us to properly isolate your case regarding game installation, we would like to confirm the following details:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • Which platform are you using to install the game?
    • How did you acquire the game (digital copy or game disc)?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?
    • Can you send us a screenshot detailing the error?
    Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

issues installing a game

1. issues installing a game - Similar Threads - issues installing game

2. Issues trying to install a 15 year old game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues trying to install a 15 year old game: So I was in the mood to be playing some SidMeier's Simgolf lately and tried installing the game via CD. I get to about 20% and an error pops up saying catastrophic failure regarding the properties folder or whatever and then quits. Any advice for trying to get this game...
  3. Games and Apps Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Games and Apps Issue: Hey Microsoft, I have a Windows 10 laptop that I play games on. I have this issue with my games and apps to where around every 4 minutes, my computer acts like I have opened up another app when I haven't. So, then I would have to click back on my game/app and let my computer...
  4. GAME PASS (PC) Halo Wars install issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAME PASS (PC) Halo Wars install issue: I'm getting the error: 0x803f8001 when trying to install Halo Wars Halo Wars: Definitive Edition (PC). Help Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass-pc-halo-wars-install-issue/7a670ad7-3752-4406-ac1d-fd9594247a05
  5. game installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game installation: Why am I unable to download a game from the Microsoft store? The "Get" button is blue, but when I click on it, nothing happens. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-installation/12bb4529-2e13-4293-bfcc-4f12f234e23d
  6. gaming issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gaming issue: when start playing on windows 10 after about 1 minutes monitor going sleep, keyboard don't work but cpu steal working & I cant ever turnoff my computer only can reset .please help me .excuse me for bad English language....
  7. Installed games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installed games: All downloaded games show "installed" BUT unable to open on computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-games/25709372-fa71-4883-af79-c22717f9a556
  8. Issues with microsoft Store and game installs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with microsoft Store and game installs: Hello, Ive been having an issue, specifically with Sea of Thieves, i install it, play it and once ive left my computer and restarted it another day, the app has encountered an error and needs re-installed, unlike steam which normally has a verify option i need to fully...
  9. Issues with Game DVR...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Game DVR...: So I've been looking around for information on the Game DVR, and the only thing I've come across troubleshooting wise is Microsoft's own page, which has not helped me so far. So hopefully I can find some help here. I have two issues currently, one since my Windows 10 update...
  10. Games apps issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Games apps issue: I have a problem with games bought from the Windows Store ('Hidden Object' ones mostly). They work but when running them full-screen, they either: Appear stretched width-wise. Have the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen and a bar at the top. The edges of the game go off...