Windows 10: issues installing a game

Discus and support issues installing a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought crackdown 3, I tired to install it on my pc but as soon as it tries to download I get a pop up saying "cannot install we'll try shortly" and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by redzone2003, Feb 23, 2019.

1. issues installing a game

I bought crackdown 3, I tired to install it on my pc but as soon as it tries to download I get a pop up saying "cannot install we'll try shortly" and I have been getting different error codes, currently I am getting 0x80070005 on campaign and wrecking zone but for the main thing I am getting 0x803FB107. but I was getting 0x803F8001. I have tried the WSreset.exe, currently living in japan so I changed my time zone back to US east. I am trying to install it on my storage drive not my c drive. I did the same to sea of thieves but that works with no issue

:)

redzone2003, Feb 23, 2019

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Game Installation Issues Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the Zoo Tycoon 2 game on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • From where have you downloaded the game?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Support article, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Microsoft Games: InstallShield Error Messages

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2019
  4. issues installing a game

Game installation issue

Hi,

Error "An installation support file '_IsUser.dll' could not be installed" may appear due to corrupted system files. For us to properly isolate your case regarding game installation, we would like to confirm the following details:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • Which platform are you using to install the game?
    • How did you acquire the game (digital copy or game disc)?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?
    • Can you send us a screenshot detailing the error?
    Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

issues installing a game

1. issues installing a game - Similar Threads - issues installing game

2. General Game installation issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    General Game installation issues: There's a few games that just won't download, install, or play. I'm not sure how many more games that are like these out there for me, but here are some of the known issues I face with my computer right now.I can play Minecraft Bedrock, but not Minecraft Java. Bedrock loads...
  3. General Game installation issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    General Game installation issues: There's a few games that just won't download, install, or play. I'm not sure how many more games that are like these out there for me, but here are some of the known issues I face with my computer right now.I can play Minecraft Bedrock, but not Minecraft Java. Bedrock loads...
  4. Installation issue on PC game pass

Installation issue on PC game pass: [I HAVE RAISED THIS WITH XBOX SUPPORT AND THEY HAVE POINTED ME TO WINDOWS SUPPORT]Xbox support went through every fix that exists remotely - including PC reset [in place windows upgrade as it's called]Can anyone from Windows support please assist?I have the full transcript of...
  5. Microsoft Games Install Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Games Install Issue: So I have a PC that is completely updated and everything installed, blah blah blah. My C drive is used for my OS, and I have another SSD and a HDD for everything else. I have been trying to download Fallout 76 to my SSD from the Xbox game app, but it will not install. I get...
  6. Microsoft Store game installation issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store game installation issue: Hello, I'm having an issue with installing games on the Microsoft Store, I go and click install on the game that I wanted to install and it will ask me to change storage devices since my main one is full, so I switch it to my D: Drive which has plenty of space, I then go...
  7. Actions needed and Game installation issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Actions needed and Game installation issues: Hi, I have the icon in the bottom right saying that windows defender has got 'Actions needed'. I have searched and tried everything. When I click on actions needed to see whats wrong, everything is green and saying no action required. I purchased Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate...
  8. Gaming issues after installing 1909?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gaming issues after installing 1909?: After a bit of research, i've discovered that 1903 sucked balls for gaming- but I was doing alright then. But now, on 1909, I'm getting all of those samw issues-- frame drops, random crashing, games rendered unplayable due to the fact that they use 95-99% of my CPU. I've...
  9. Issue installing game pass game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue installing game pass game: I installed Age of Empires 2 from the pc game pass, went to load it and it wouldnt play, instead just asking permission for Microsoft Store package dependency. So i uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall it for it to only not install. Im currently stuck now in a loop. I...
  10. Issues with microsoft Store and game installs

Issues with microsoft Store and game installs: Hello, Ive been having an issue, specifically with Sea of Thieves, i install it, play it and once ive left my computer and restarted it another day, the app has encountered an error and needs re-installed, unlike steam which normally has a verify option i need to fully...