Windows 10: Issues Installing Microsoft Casual Games from Windows Store

Discus and support Issues Installing Microsoft Casual Games from Windows Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new HP laptop and have been encountering problems trying to install some Microsoft Casual Games, such as Microsoft Mahjong.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by eiretrish, Nov 30, 2018.

1. eiretrish Win User

Issues Installing Microsoft Casual Games from Windows Store

I recently purchased a new HP laptop and have been encountering problems trying to install some Microsoft Casual Games, such as Microsoft Mahjong. When I click to install, an error message appears while the installation is trying to acquire the license. The message appears below. I contacted Microsoft Support via Twitter and tried a few tasks that did not fix the problem. I performed an App Troubleshooter that did not find any problems, reset Windows Store and performed some commands without success. I even performed a Windows Reset that did not fix the problem. Other apps are installing without any problems. The error message number is Code: 0x803F8001. Any help would be appreciated. I would hate to have to perform a full HP Recovery for this problem since it appears it is on either XBOX or Microsoft platforms. In XBox, the games appear, but the play option is not present. Thanks, Pat

Issues Installing Microsoft Casual Games from Windows Store 678a05a5-0bf5-4f94-aee5-d6ed02392785?upload=true.jpg

:)

eiretrish, Nov 30, 2018

2. Casual Games

Hi Desmond,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are unable to access games.

When you say casual games, what games are you referring to?

For Store issue:

Try to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps and check:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

I would suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Help Create Microsoft’s Next Casual Game

Source: Help Create Microsoft's Next Casual Game | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Issues Installing Microsoft Casual Games from Windows Store

Microsoft Word Games on Windows 10

Hi Nannette,

Any in-game concerns like missing Achievements and statistics are being handled by our Microsoft Casual Games Support Team. To get a better assistance, I recommend that you contact our Microsoft Casual Games Support Team through the link below:

Microsoft Casual Games Support Team

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may click the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Sign out and sign in your account from the game.

If the issue persists, kindly get in touch with the dedicated support team as mentioned above.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Issues Installing Microsoft Casual Games from Windows Store

1. Issues Installing Microsoft Casual Games from Windows Store - Similar Threads - Issues Installing Microsoft

2. Microsoft Solitaire and Casual games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire and Casual games: Is anyone else having problems with the daily Events games not loading, taking forever to load and then sometimes just going back to the home screen. I receive the no internet connection and then all of a sudden it will connect. I might also add that my internet is working...
  3. Microsoft Casual Games.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Casual Games.: Hi, I have purchased the premium edition so I don't get the awful ads that keep popping up and by the way the only thing they achieve is I definitely won't purchase whatever it is they are trying to sell me HAHA but they keep popping up which has infuriated me and many others...
  4. microsoft casual games 121003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft casual games 121003: microsoft casual games 121003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-casual-games/0302e49e-9432-465f-b7a6-b43f8b5a87cd
  5. ?Microsoft Casual Games, com?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ?Microsoft Casual Games, com?: I opened the pre-installed Solitaire (win 10) on my laptop for the first time (for real) and was forwarded directly. the browser with the page "microsoftcasualgames, com" has opened. Is that normal? This has never happened to me in use. submitted by /u/Kirla_ [link]...
  6. microsoft store apps casual games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft store apps casual games: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903 from 1803. From the Microsoft Store, I have Microsoft Sudoku, Ultimate Word Games, Solitaire Collection, Minesweeper, Mahjong, and Taptiles. All of them run extremely slow and suddenly freeze or disappear. After they are gone, my...
  7. microsoft casual games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft casual games: I am getting tired of six different Microsoft Casual Games either getting unreasonably slow, freezing, or just turning off. I have tried resetting them. I restart and within 30 minutes it happens again. I have Windows 10. I performed the troubleshooting for Windows Store...
  8. microsoft casual games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft casual games: i used to play the card games (daily challenge) on microsoft casual games most days but since the 1st march i have bennn unable to load the start page.. either it freezes on the first page or i get to the choices page and it says "loading", signing in" and no matter how long...
  9. Microsoft Casual Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Casual Games: Why is it that every time I get Microsoft updates to my computer, my Microsoft Casual games don't work (i.e. Solitaire, Word Games, etc.)? Moved from: Apps on Insider Preview / Xbox App / PC...
  10. Problems with Microsoft Casual Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Microsoft Casual Games: Since Microsoft upgrade yesterday morning, all my MCG will not play. I open the program, attempt to pick a game and the program automatically closes...