Windows 10: issues installing new programs

Discus and support issues installing new programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi whenever I try to install a program I get an error message saying : your organization used windows defender application control to block this app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gleplae, Apr 9, 2021.

1. gleplae Win User

issues installing new programs

Hi whenever I try to install a program I get an error message saying :

your organization used windows defender application control to block this app

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I have tried disabling windows defender but get the same error.[/COLOR]​

:)

gleplae, Apr 9, 2021

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 9, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 9, 2021
  4. issues installing new programs

Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

issues installing new programs

1. issues installing new programs - Similar Threads - issues installing programs

2. can't install new programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install new programs: I get error 2894 when I try to install Open Office or TurboTax Business 2022. Some support sites suggest I have a corrupted Riched20.dll file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-new-programs/1a33acfe-76d0-40c2-beb1-eaf91e15cc85
  3. can't install new programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't install new programs: I get error 2894 when I try to install Open Office or TurboTax Business 2022. Some support sites suggest I have a corrupted Riched20.dll file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-new-programs/1a33acfe-76d0-40c2-beb1-eaf91e15cc85
  4. can't install new programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Installing new programs or running installers

Windows Installing new programs or running installers: Hello all, I seem to run into the same issue of my computer not letting me install new programs or even download programs i used google chrome. Whenever I did get the program to download on my computer, after opening the installer, it would say it failed. This is not a...
  6. new installation of win10 program

in Windows 10 Customization
    new installation of win10 program: where can I get a valid copy of win10 and will it be suitable to install on the latest eufi bios via a flashdrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-installation-of-win10-program/512202ad-eea3-404c-8409-5ef003c789c0
  7. Issues installing programs

Issues installing programs: I'm having issues trying to install programs, as my laptop simply can not install anything including chrome, firefox, or even update edge. Interestingly I was able to install uTorrent and 7zip without any issues, making me believe that the issue is with web based installers....
  8. Install new program

Install new program: When I try to install a new program on my, Windows tells me that the administrator has blocked me, but I AM the administrator and only person with an account on this computer. It's happened with a CD-ROM scoring program today and with a web application yesterday. What do I...
  9. New Program Installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Program Installation: When installing a new program, ( A SDR radio from AirSpy), there is no software listing in the Device Manager file nor does it appear under the Control Panel file under "Uninstall a Program". I am unable to update any USB Drivers from the Device Manager area. In order for...
  10. permissions when installing a new program

in Windows 10 Customization
    permissions when installing a new program: When I try to install some new programs I get the message "insufficient permissions" I am the only person using this computer....