Windows 10: Issues installing updates 20H2 and onwards

Discus and support Issues installing updates 20H2 and onwards in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'll keep it pretty short. I have a bad habit of delaying Windows updates because more often than not they brick my computer. Lately, though I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pvhkouta, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Issues installing updates 20H2 and onwards

I'll keep it pretty short. I have a bad habit of delaying Windows updates because more often than not they brick my computer. Lately, though I've been seeing some issues with it freezing completely and having to hard kill the power to my computer in order to get it back up and running, so I thought I'd update.

The updates that I had available were the feature update to 20H2, as well as some other updates I don't quite remember. None were downloading and all were giving me an error message. Eventually, I decided to download the 20H2 enablement package and download the update standalone, which seemed to work.

This did not, however, fix my issue of being unable to install any other updates. The updates I have available are KB4601319 (2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems) and KB4601382 (2021-02 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems). Both give me a similar error message: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800705b9)"

My Windows build is 19042.685, version 20H2. Here are my Windows Update Logs (CBS.zip). Any help would be much appreciated.

As a side note, since I have a Dell machine, I was already able to install some other driver updates via SupportAssist, and Geforce Experience took care of my graphics drivers.

submitted by /u/pvhkouta
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pvhkouta, Feb 25, 2021

2. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Feb 25, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Issues installing updates 20H2 and onwards

Installing 20H2 update

Are there any disadvantages about installing Windows 10 20H2 update from Beta Channel

SyedNoor Ali, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Issues installing updates 20H2 and onwards

1. Issues installing updates 20H2 and onwards - Similar Threads - Issues installing updates

2. 2025 onwards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2025 onwards: Just looking at the Windows and Office configuration support matrix.Am I right in thinking that Microsoft is switching to everyone having to subscribe to Office 365 in a few years time and not being able to buy standalone copies?I was asking in December about how I can get...
  3. 2025 onwards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2025 onwards: Just looking at the Windows and Office configuration support matrix.Am I right in thinking that Microsoft is switching to everyone having to subscribe to Office 365 in a few years time and not being able to buy standalone copies?I was asking in December about how I can get...
  4. Windows Update to 20H2 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update to 20H2 issue: Attempting to upgrade a Windows 10 1809 system to 20H2 but it failed. I have upgraded other systems successfully so this seems to be a one off at the moment. Below is the contents of the setuperr.log file. Can anyone please help me decipher what the root issue is?2021-09-01...
  5. Installation of the CPIME Chinese Traditional, HK in Windows 10, version 20H2 onwards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installation of the CPIME Chinese Traditional, HK in Windows 10, version 20H2 onwards: I am trying to add the CPIME Chinese Traditional, HK [Jyutping version, though this applies equally to other versions] as a keyboard method on a laptop, but this option is still greyed out in the normal default IME options appearing alongside Microsoft Quick, ChangJie,...
  6. WIndows Update issues for 20H2

WIndows Update issues for 20H2: I've tried a number of times to install the latest feature update. I can also see where 2004 was never installed either. Every time that I try to install it, I get an error at the very end. It does the entire install - downloads, installs, reboots. But, when it comes...
  7. new Update 20H2 issue

new Update 20H2 issue: recently I have updated windows 10 to latest version 20H2,and with the new update I have started facing one issue.My laptop shuts down when its at 12% without any low battery warning ,I have checked all power option ,I think its a bug ,so kindly help....
  8. windows 20h2 update issue

windows 20h2 update issue: windows is trying to install update 20h2 , but that update has already been installed how do i stop windows from continuing to try to update ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-20h2-update-issue/49a10cb9-5aad-4892-8841-16eb56639b80
  9. Installing 20H2 update

Installing 20H2 update: Are there any disadvantages about installing Windows 10 20H2 update from Beta Channel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-20h2-update/2b3553b7-d14f-47c6-8b7f-a02742c2ca29
  10. cumulative updates 2019-02 onwards do not install

cumulative updates 2019-02 onwards do not install: my lap top is inspiron 15R (5520), it is 6 years old and i have original softwares problem is with cumulative update for windows 2019-02 did not install same with cumulative updates number 03 and 04 i posted on this forum before but every one gives some different advice,...