Windows 10: Issues Installing windows 10 on a brand new hard drive from a usb flash drive

Discus and support Issues Installing windows 10 on a brand new hard drive from a usb flash drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently trying to install windows 10 on a new hard drive with nothing on it from a flash drive. i get halfway through the first part and then i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thomastimms1, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Issues Installing windows 10 on a brand new hard drive from a usb flash drive

I am currently trying to install windows 10 on a new hard drive with nothing on it from a flash drive. i get halfway through the first part and then i get an error code: 0x80070022 i have googled this error code and can't find anything on it. please help if you can

:)

thomastimms1, Feb 21, 2021
  2. little cat, Feb 21, 2021
  3. How do I install Windows 10 on a flash drive onto a new hard drive?

I need a very simple, step-by-step instructions. Seriously, SIMPLE! So far I cannot find any adequate explanation or detailed steps on how to do it.

I built a new computer.

I have a flash drive.

I have a windows 10 code.

I do not have the disk, I just have the code.

The hard drive is brand new.

The motherboard is a LGA1150.

All I see on this website is how to upgrade, how to upgrade, how to upgrade, buy a computer with Windows 10, and nothing about entering a product key, installing the OS to a flash drive, and on to a new hard drive.

I do not understand why Microsoft has to make this complicated. There should be a box that says: enter product key. Then it should route you to a page asking you how you would like to install it. Then once you answer (flash drive in this case) instructions
    are shown to guide you onto how to install it with the install button on the page. It should say in simple text: This is for new hard drives. Very simple. Seriously Microsoft! do this.

Two plus Two, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Issues Installing windows 10 on a brand new hard drive from a usb flash drive

Recovery Drive for Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize USB Drive

When I try to create a Recovery Drive in Windows 10, Windows doesn't recognize the flash drive.

I'm following the instructions to create a Recovery Drive listed here:

Create a recovery drive

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice. (I was asked to confirm my choice, and I clicked "Yes".)

• When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select
      Next.

• (Secret Step) Wait a minute or so for the "Please Wait" screen to finish thinking

• Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it ...
    The issue is that when I connect a USB drive to the PC, it doesn't appear on the "Connect a USB flash drive" screen as a drive that can be selected, and the "Next" button is grayed out.

However, when I look in File Explorer, I can see the USB drive plugged into the computer. Selecting Properties shows that Windows considers its Type to be "Removable Disk". (Sounds right to me.)

I'm not getting any error messages.

My environment:

A brand new Toshiba Sattelite C55-C5241 laptop with Windows 10 Home. It's never had anything other than Windows 10 on it - unless they upgraded it at the factory.

A brand new ativa 8GB USB flash drive. Note that the packaging for the USB drive does not include Windows 10 in the System Requirements, but seriously?

What I've tried:

• Plugging the flash drive into all three USB ports (USB 2, USB 2, and USB 3)
    • Reformatting the flash drive with FAT32
    • Restarting the computer with the flash drive plugged in
    • Turning off Real-Time Scanning in McAffee

I've seen a few threads with this issue in Windows 8, but none of the potential solutions in those threads have worked for me. So here I am asking the same question, but for Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this issue?

Thank you.

Ambisinister, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Issues Installing windows 10 on a brand new hard drive from a usb flash drive

1. Issues Installing windows 10 on a brand new hard drive from a usb flash drive - Similar Threads - Issues Installing brand

2. USB generic flash drive issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB generic flash drive issue: Here is one for the books. It has me puzzled as a novice. It starts with 5samegeneric USB Flash Drives from online purchase. The computermy main user-HP PAVILION P-7 1297=Win10pro20H2. The 5 USB drives all act the same>on all usb ports< ISSUES>1. Will not recognize all...
  3. Issues installing Windows onto new hard drive from recovery USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues installing Windows onto new hard drive from recovery USB: I've recently bought a new hard drive because my old one was at risk of failure, and I'm having issues installing Windows 10 on it. When booting up with the recently created recovery USB connected, I press f12 repeatedly, then choose my keyboard layout, and then choose to...
  4. formatting a new usb flash drive

formatting a new usb flash drive: What is the best way to format a usb device using Windows 10? Plus I have a USB flash drive that Windows won't recognize, how can I fix that problem so I can reformat it and reuse it? Thanks for your help Ken,...
  5. USB Flash Drive issues

USB Flash Drive issues: Hi everyone!! I have been trying to backup some files to my USB drive recently but, whenever I try, it works for the first 5 or so minutes before getting a warning that the file destination of the files does not exist as the drive disappears from Windows. Interestingly...
  6. install WIndows 10 from usb drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    install WIndows 10 from usb drive to new hard drive: Is it possible to install windows 10 from usb drive to hard drive on a newly built computer? My grandson built a computer for gaming and got windows 10 on the Microsoft site. He saved it on a usb drive but doesn't know how to get it installed on the hard drive. He has usb...
  7. USB flash drive issue

USB flash drive issue: Why Windows 10 laptop does not recognize USB flash driver when there is a file with password on it? Windows 7 does not have this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-flash-drive-issue/eec4cf01-2f10-4e8a-b860-7b49ee03291b
  8. Brand new hard drive, unable to boot off of USB drive.

Brand new hard drive, unable to boot off of USB drive.: Built a new computer with a WD SSD and tried to install/boot windows. I am now stuck in the boot cycle. I am using a brand new Windows boot USB purchased from Best Buy yesterday afternoon. The below error message is what I keep getting no matter what options I choose and the...
  9. how to install windows 10 from USB drive on a clean install to a new hard drive

how to install windows 10 from USB drive on a clean install to a new hard drive: I have downloaded Windows 10 to USB but I am not sure how to get the computer to recognized the USB installer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-install-windows-10-from-usb-drive-on-a/0f27c2a7-057d-4c5b-a887-b11871bb87d8
  10. Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive: I purchased a new hard drive recently, to replace an older one that seemed to have stopped working. I had lost access to the windows 10 disc that originally came with my computer due to a move(I was not able to participate in packing my own things due to being in the...