Windows 10: Issues logging into my Toshiba laptop

Discus and support Issues logging into my Toshiba laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When my laptop starts up, not getting login screen to enter password. It directly goes yto background ,screensaver screen. When i press any key, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Srkrreds, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Srkrreds Win User

Issues logging into my Toshiba laptop

When my laptop starts up, not getting login screen to enter password. It directly goes yto background ,screensaver screen. When i press any key, it attempts to get to login screen ,password text box flickers and its back to my screensaver. Any help is appreciated.

thanks in advance

:)

Srkrreds, Oct 26, 2019
  2. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Oct 26, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Toshiba Laptop power issues

Remove battery, remove adapter, spam the crap out of the power button to empty whatever charge there is in the laptop. If that don't work, see above what @FreedomEclipse said, probably the adapter port on the laptop is borked, happens alot to heavily used laptops, especially Toshibas(huehuehuehue)

RCoon, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Thenoob Win User

Toshiba Laptop power issues

Hello,

Forums

a friend ask me to take a look at his toshiba satellite laptop model a665-s6086 the issue is that the laptop is not getting no power. i have check the ac plug it work fine and battery its fine. when i plug the laptop i don't get no light to come on. I have done the hold the power bottom for 30 sec etc.. and not thing . any one have idea where i can start troubleshoot this issue

Thank u

The Noob

Thenoob, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Issues logging into my Toshiba laptop - Similar Threads - Issues logging Toshiba

2. Verify error on my Toshiba log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify error on my Toshiba log in: My laptop wont let me log in , it keeps telling me Verify Error press enter to continue. Then it shuts off . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-error-on-my-toshiba-log-in/cd17adae-fa0f-42af-aa9f-1b1487e10094
  3. Issues logging into my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues logging into my laptop: I have been having trouble with windows latly, and I suspected I have a currupted version of windows. I wanted to use the sfm /scannow to find and fix currupted files, but I kept recieving errors the it could not finish. upon googling the error code, I was was going to...
  4. Toshiba Laptops

Toshiba Laptops: Many are having issues with certain Toshiba Laptops running 1903.I rolled back to 1803 but I,m still being offered 1903.Is there any way we could elevate this so MS blocks it? Feed Back Hub has not prevented us from being offered 1903....
  5. Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba laptop: I have a USB devise to make my PC go faster, it say's plug in turn PC on and hold the reboot button, but I don't no what button that is. Can you help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop/3a56aa55-9077-43b9-8d6a-223d4714944c
  6. Issues Logging into Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues Logging into Laptop: My laptop updated and now I am not able to log in because it asks for a password and I usually use a passcode. I have tried to change my password and log in, but it does not work. I figured out by holding down the shift key and pressing power, it brings me to settings, but I...
  7. Touchpad Issue on Toshiba laptop W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Issue on Toshiba laptop W10: i have toshiba laptop satellite 55 with W10. When i start the computer the cursor on the touchpad works fine but when the computer programs all open up i can no longer see the arrow of the touchpad. I have tried fn 5 and fn9 but still cant see ii. What can i do?...
  8. Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop: Hello. i have one Toshiba Laptop that every now and them has the hard drive LED stuck (as if using disk at 100%) and then hard disk dissappears for good (not detected) until PC is powered off and it's left that way for a while. I checked SMART values and health was ok. I did...
  9. Toshiba Laptop audio issues.

Toshiba Laptop audio issues.: I have no sound or audio on my Toshiba Laptop. the toolbar has a small speaker on it,which applies to earphone speaker. I think windows update is the problem,as I try to download them ,which takes hours to download , then I keep getting error messages. I have tried removing...
  10. My toshiba satellite laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My toshiba satellite laptop: Windows freezes up and i’ve tried all the tricks on resetting but it won’t even let me log off. Have to turn off manully. At my wits end. Can’t do nothing with it....