Windows 10: Issues modifying account privacy settings

Discus and support Issues modifying account privacy settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently bought Sea of Thieves on Steam. After linking my steam and Microsoft accounts I launched the game to get the Avacadobeard error. From what I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by _Dopamine_, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Issues modifying account privacy settings

I recently bought Sea of Thieves on Steam. After linking my steam and Microsoft accounts I launched the game to get the Avacadobeard error. From what I read the error is supposed to appear when you try to play the game without an Xbox live membership on Xbox; however, I am on pc so the only other thing I could find was that it should be a privacy setting issue. The thing is whenever I go to https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/manage-app-privacy-settings-xbox-one in an attempt to find the settings blocking me from playing the game and click the link for Privacy & online safety it just loops me back to the exact same website. I am using google chrome and have already cleared cookies and caches. Also, clicking my icon and then going through the settings there takes me through a second website https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings/Home/. I then click privacy and online safety only to be redirected back to the original website once again.

:)

_Dopamine_, Dec 27, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 27, 2020
  3. cant open privacy settings

Hi Sean,

There are several possible explanations as to why you're encountering issues with accessing your Xbox account's privacy settings. Here's a list of the common factors:

• There's an ongoing Xbox Live server outage.
    • You're using a child account which needs a parent permission in order to change the privacy settings.
    • Access to Xbox Live is not yet available to your location.

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a child or a parent account?
    • Have you made any changes to your Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried using a different web browser to access your account's privacy settings?
    • Are you encountering the same issue when accessing your account's privacy settings on a different device like an Xbox console?

Catherine Cus., Dec 27, 2020
  4. Issues modifying account privacy settings

Minecraft Privacy and Online Safety Settings

Hi,

Issues with playing multiplayer games online may occur if your account's privacy and online safety settings are blocked. To resolve your concern, log in to this

link
    and follow the steps below:

• Go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab.
    • Set Join multiplayer games to Allow.
    • You can also change other settings before clicking the Save
      button.
    • Play Minecraft again.

Note For the Child accounts, only the
    Parent accounts
    can manage their privacy and online safety settings.

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Issues modifying account privacy settings

1. Issues modifying account privacy settings - Similar Threads - Issues modifying account

2. Privacy and Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy and Settings: I wish to start discussion after a lengthy process of using Windows 11. Though I have resolve some issues some may be open. The goal of my discussion is to stop privacy breach but retain Windows useability.ServicesBITS Background Inteligence Transfer ServiceThis program have...
  3. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy Settings: Ok, I'm at a loss. I have a couple of websites that I use almost daily. Lately they keep asking me to update my location and Security Settings. I've been through what I can find in both Windows 10 and 11, because it's occurring on both. Ideas or somewhere else to look that I...
  4. Camera / Privacy Settings Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera / Privacy Settings Issue: Hi everyone, I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 and have been experiencing some trouble with the built-in webcam for quite some time and now as the demand for video conferencing has increased dramatically I am focused on trying to solve this. As I open any app that uses the camera...
  5. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy Settings: I am having a problem with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I have already logged in with my Xbox Live account as I wanted to join servers and play multiplayer. As I logged in, it showed "You cannot play multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This...
  6. Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Privacy settings: When In Settings>Privacyonly under Windows permissions>diagnostics&feedback and App permissions>Camera do I get*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I am the only one using this laptop and am shown as administrator. How can I resolve this...
  7. privacy settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    privacy settings: ever time i try to change my privacy settings and i hit submit they just wont change what do i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-settings/426c2edf-34bc-4ad7-b165-25c56b69f2cc
  8. Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy settings: Hello. When I try to change my privacy and online safety settings on the Xbox website and press submit it says a problem occurred and it tells me to try again later. I've tried it many times. My account is a parent account. I'm trying to change this so I can play Xbox games...
  9. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings: I have 2 All in Ones and they both use Windows 10. If I make a change to one of them it effects the other and I wish to eliminate this. What are the correct privacy settings that I need to make so they run independent, Thank you 81129
  10. Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts: Hi, On a PC that has been upgraded to windows 10, if I have 2 user accounts, and set privacy settings etc on the one account so that Windows 10 isnt sending information/downloading stuff etc, will the second account (that has not been setup for the same settings and is...