Windows 10: Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install

Discus and support Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My system lost it's functionality, hanging in different applications etc. So I decided to 'reset' this failed twice, once with keep files and once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hafgrimmar, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install

Hi,

My system lost it's functionality, hanging in different applications etc. So I decided to 'reset' this failed twice, once with keep files and once with remove everything.

As I could still use the system I downloaded the MCT and created on a USB, so far no issues.

Boot from the USB, choose advanced install, unable to install to any of the 4 existing partitions. Some variant on EFI or GPT issues, on the only usable partition.

So delete all partitions, allow setup to create all 4 again, install goes through and completes at reboot system fails.

I've also manually ran diskpart to create both GPT and other drives, partitions and volumes, to no effect.

I've used both advice found here and elsewhere to to rebuild BCD, and rename and recreate it.

PC still fails to boot.

Any advice welcome at this point, I've been beating my head for 24hrs so far.

Cheers,

Alec.

:)

Hafgrimmar, Oct 21, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 clean install issues

I have the well known to the webs 'Start Menu Not working / Slow opening apps from taskbar' like you in RS3 aka Fall Creators update,
    Even after CLEAN windows install...and there is no permanent fix out there, until M$ fix it.
    So i have clean install RS2 Iso and block the updates so RS3 dont install to my system.
    Im waiting for RS4 to be released hopefully fixes all those issues...but i doubt, they only thing they do is adding more and more bloatware.

Proof of my problem:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/windows-10-start-button-not-working-solved/
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/start-menu-does-not-open-windows-10
    https://thewindowsplus.org/windows-10-menu-not-working/

All those articles are fresth from January 2018, mind you all those ''FIXES'' dont work.

Video from 2015, until now the problems still exist:

LocoDiceGR, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Jborg Win User

Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install

1. Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Issues booting clean

2. Issues after Clean installing windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues after Clean installing windows 11: Hey there!I'm having some trouble with my new HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk2075 laptop Intel i7 11th gen, Nvidia RTX, NVMe2. I bought it last year, and it came with Windows 10 pre-installed. Soon enough, I updated it to Windows 11 without any problems. However, at the end of last...
  3. Issues after Clean installing windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues after Clean installing windows 11: Hey there!I'm having some trouble with my new HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk2075 laptop Intel i7 11th gen, Nvidia RTX, NVMe2. I bought it last year, and it came with Windows 10 pre-installed. Soon enough, I updated it to Windows 11 without any problems. However, at the end of last...
  4. PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation: I reinstalled windows 10 20H2 in my windows 8.1 with bing lenovo laptop. After reinstalling windows 10, the pc restarts but stuck in black screen, black with backlight only, not even showing lenovo logo. But when I forced restart through power button, the pc boot without...
  5. Windows 10 clean install on laptop won't boot after installing

Windows 10 clean install on laptop won't boot after installing: Reinstalling Windows on a family member's computer, installed it enough times over the years, so didn't expect to get a problem. I've formatted the hard drive, deleted all partitions, after installing windows doesn't boot after restarting for the first time. It just gets...
  6. Booting clean installation of windows 10

Booting clean installation of windows 10: Hi, I am Rishad. So,basically I was trying to reinstall windows after the C: drive was showing error. I tried to boot it up from a bootable usb and I have succeded but my C: drive was showing error again and wanted repair after I checked it.So,I tried to install ubuntu...
  7. Issue after clean installing windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue after clean installing windows 10: Last night I cleaned install my laptop. I downloaded the windows media creation tool and created an ISO file for windows 10. I then installed it on my laptop, everything worked smoothly. But when I open my laptop, there are multiples issues that I encountered. First, my...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot after clean install

Windows 10 won't boot after clean install: Just build a new PC, not my first rodeo. I put everything together without any problems, plugged it in. Verified everything was registering in BIOS, no problems. Inserted Windows 10 Home install USB and booted into the installer. Went into installer and entered Key code. Went...
  9. Windows 10 Computer will not Boot after clean install

Windows 10 Computer will not Boot after clean install: Yesterday my PC crashed and when restarted came up with an error screen and would not boot windows. I tried using the troubleshooting repair menu provided and nothing would work. I created a bootable usb from my other windows 10 pc with the windows application and deleted all...
  10. Continued issues after clean installing Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continued issues after clean installing Windows: I've had issue with my computer completely freezing after an update 4-6 weeks ago. I can work on it fine for a while then it will randomly freeze or just completely turn off. Sometimes when I plug in a USB device it will freeze as well, but mostly it is very random. I bought...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not booting to windows afeter clean install