Windows 10: Issues on Hotmail with people sending me emails

Discus and support Issues on Hotmail with people sending me emails in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I have been getting annoyed emails from a variety of people who are trying to respond to my email but are failing to do so as it won't send... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FlorisRuys, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Issues on Hotmail with people sending me emails

Recently I have been getting annoyed emails from a variety of people who are trying to respond to my email but are failing to do so as it won't send properly. It comes up with Failure Notice and instead of showing my email address it shows *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

I have tried to call a helpdesk but it seems Hotmail does not have this figured out yet (pretty woeful customer service/non-existent).

If anyone has any tips of how to resolve that would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Floris

:)

FlorisRuys, Mar 27, 2019
  2. iant67 Win User

Email Issues since intalling W 10

I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 on 1st August. My issues are that
    1. I am now unable to send emails in Outlook 365
    2. I am unable to open attachments on incoming emails
    When I boot the machine the sequence goes to the start screen displaying my Hotmail account name and requests my Hotmail password. I have never used the Hotmail account for anything other than the Office 365 account - never email. I have two other email accounts I use for my email. Could this login be affecting my email? if so how do I reset the login so that everything works as before?

iant67, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Scramjet Win User
    Contacts in hotmail

Sorry to confuse you there. When I go into Hotmail now in iexplore and click on the square of dots ( assumed it was settings according to another google search I done) in the blue area I get a list of boxes and the 2nd one is "People". That is where all my contacts are supposed to be. All I get is the beads spinning until I get the message of problems with site. When I go into Firefox browser and log into Hotmail I can click on the "People" box and instantly get all my contacts. Also I checked the "Mail" program in Windows 10 tile section which I have 2 email accounts counting Hotmail and I can access the contacts list there. it seems the past couple days that iexplore cannot display the contacts page which is stored on people.live.com
    This is very annoying because I always clicked on my Hotmail link for the quickest access to my Hotmail especially for sending emails.
    If I cannot find a fix for this then I may have to set Firefox to my default browser *Sad

cheers

Scramjet, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Larnu Win User

Issues on Hotmail with people sending me emails

Office 2013 Mail Merge sending no emails

I used to have no problems sending a Mail merge on Windows 7, however, trying to do one today on Windows 10, and it's simply not working.

I've done everything the same, using an excel document as the data source, and that works fine. When I select Finish & Merge -> Send Email Documents and then OK, Word makes it appear it worked (all the dynamic values change to those of the contacts as it cycles through sending each email), but that's it. Not one email is sent; nothing in my sent items and nothing shows that any of those contacts have been email on our exchange or email archive software.

I've seen that people suggest that Outlook is my default app (it is). Double checked the registry key as well Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\(Default) has the value Microsoft Outlook.

I've literally done nothing different from when doing this on Windows 7; seems that the searches seem to suggest that it's a common problem as well, but everyone seems to say they had a problem and disappears from their support request (and most answer tell you to check the above registry key).

Larnu, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Issues on Hotmail with people sending me emails

1. Issues on Hotmail with people sending me emails - Similar Threads - Issues Hotmail sending

2. My Outlook/Hotmail account is no longer allowing me to send emails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Outlook/Hotmail account is no longer allowing me to send emails.: I had a university email linked to my Outlook account. My name was incorrect with the university, and I was told to delete this link to my account when a new email was given. I may have inadvertently deleted something else entirely because I am no longer able to send any...
  3. My hotmail account will not let me send group emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hotmail account will not let me send group emails: My hotmail account will no let me send group emails. This has never happened before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hotmail-account-will-not-let-me-send-group/809ac5b0-7683-4a59-a44b-d9e611a663dc
  4. My hotmail account will not let me send group emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hotmail account will not let me send group emails: My hotmail account will no let me send group emails. This has never happened before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hotmail-account-will-not-let-me-send-group/809ac5b0-7683-4a59-a44b-d9e611a663dc
  5. Sending email issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sending email issue.: I have windows 11 and 3 email accounts, when I send from the work account it displays the work address AND my personal address in the From area. How do I remove my personal email address when sending from work email....
  6. Sending email issue.

Sending email issue.: I have windows 11 and 3 email accounts, when I send from the work account it displays the work address AND my personal address in the From area. How do I remove my personal email address when sending from work email....
  7. Email sending and receiving issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email sending and receiving issue: "I got windows 10 and use micro soft edge. I have email through google. I am unable to send emails and a long delay getting new emails loaded. WINDOWS" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-sending-and-receiving-issue/e89847da-c476-4a51-8521-60aaf27286a2
  8. Hotmail emails will not send

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotmail emails will not send: I set up a new PC running Windows 10 and now emails from hotmail will not send? I have two different hotmail accounts and they won't send. They receive just fine. My Gmail account does work to send. What could be wrong with hotmail/outlook?...
  9. Hotmail. emails

Hotmail. emails: Ls. Ihave two email adresses , hotmail.com, in mail from windows. These are synchronised with other mail adresses. These two email adresses are getiing a warning sign regular and if I put the password in the system it will not help. I also do noetb receive email on these...
  10. email issue: my email is not sending

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email issue: my email is not sending: my email is not sending. tried to reboot my computer. same thing! but it's working fine on my other computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-issue/0fd77905-4535-433e-88a2-b0a2d224ab98