Windows 10: Issues playing .mp3 and .m4a files that are stored in my OneDrive folder with Windows Media...

Discus and support Issues playing .mp3 and .m4a files that are stored in my OneDrive folder with Windows Media... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used to store all of my .mp3 and .m4a files in my hard drive outside of my OneDrive folder, and they always played without issue in Windows Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dgwalter, Oct 19, 2019.

1. dgwalter Win User

Issues playing .mp3 and .m4a files that are stored in my OneDrive folder with Windows Media...

I used to store all of my .mp3 and .m4a files in my hard drive outside of my OneDrive folder, and they always played without issue in Windows Media Player (WMP). A few months ago I started paying for OneDrive and moved all of my music to my local OneDrive folder. All of the files remain stored locally (i.e. I have told OneDrive to always keep them on this device). Since moving them to the local OneDrive folder I sporadically have issues when playing these music files with WMP. The two errors I get (with no discernible pattern) are:

• RPC server is unavailable
    • Server Execution Failed

The files play fine with other audio programs (e.g. iTunes, VLC, Groove). They often play fine with WMP, but not reliably.

Notes:

• RPC and RPC Locator services are running and set to automatic start in services.
    • This has only happened on one computer that I use to access these OneDrive files.
    • The source of the files (e.g. iTunes, CD rip, etc) does not appear to matter when encountering the problem.

:)

dgwalter, Oct 19, 2019

2. M4a to Mp3?

Is there anyway I can get some m4a files to mp3 cause I freakin hate quicktime..

ShadowFold, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Thumbnails for M4a files?

Hi guys

Should windows 10 (by default) be displaying thumbnails within explorer for m4a files? I'm browsing my iTunes media folder and I can see thumbnails only for .mp4, .mp3, .m4p but not for m4a. If I play an m4a file within media player or iTunes I can see the album art. It's just not on the file when viewing it from explorer. The settings are correct. I have no additional codecs installed (or Quicktime though that's prob not relevant). Can it only display them with a codec pack downloaded? Seems strange that it does display thumbnails for the m4p protected files though.

The caveat is that if look at an album folder that contains m4a files then I can see the album art preview on the folder, but double clicking into the folder where the specific songs reside just shows the default windows music icon. Whilst m4p, I don't see album preview on the folder, but clicking into the folder shows the individual songs with their album art thumbnail.

If that all makes sense! Hard to explain really

Cheers
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Issues playing .mp3 and .m4a files that are stored in my OneDrive folder with Windows Media...

can not play m4a files on 6720 classic

Check the specifications first does the phone play m4a files .

Music playback file formats: .mp3, .wma, .aac, .aac+, eAAC+

Is one spec listing where the other spec listing is

AAC, AAC+, AMR-NB, eAAC+,
    M4A, MIDI Tones (poly 64), Mobile XMF, MP3,
    MP4, RealAudio 7, 8, 10, SP-MIDI, True tones,
    WAV, WMA.

If you do end up having to convert AAC+ is the best .

jje

jjegan---01, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Issues playing .mp3 and .m4a files that are stored in my OneDrive folder with Windows Media...

1. Issues playing .mp3 and .m4a files that are stored in my OneDrive folder with Windows Media... - Similar Threads - Issues playing mp3

2. Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.: As the title says, I can no longer see the properties of the of music files in file explorer.I happened after I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack Full shell extension from my computer. I tried re-starting my computer to see if it would restore the music files properties'...
  3. Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.: As the title says, I can no longer see the properties of the of music files in file explorer.I happened after I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack Full shell extension from my computer. I tried re-starting my computer to see if it would restore the music files properties'...
  4. OneDrive - Mp3 files in Onedrive folder stop playing after 5 to 8 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Mp3 files in Onedrive folder stop playing after 5 to 8 seconds.: Hi. We have MP3 files in a folder on Onedrive. One user reports that the song in the OneDirve folder will stop playing after 5 seconds. When she hits play it will play for about 6 more seconds then stop. Then maybe 8 seconds, then stop. We recorded these songs at church. The...
  5. OneDrive - Mp3 files in Onedrive folder stop playing after 5 to 8 seconds.

OneDrive - Mp3 files in Onedrive folder stop playing after 5 to 8 seconds.: Hi. We have MP3 files in a folder on Onedrive. One user reports that the song in the OneDirve folder will stop playing after 5 seconds. When she hits play it will play for about 6 more seconds then stop. Then maybe 8 seconds, then stop. We recorded these songs at church. The...
  6. OneDrive - Mp3 files in Onedrive folder stop playing after 5 to 8 seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Media Player 10 will not play the audio on Wav files. MP3 files ok.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player 10 will not play the audio on Wav files. MP3 files ok.: Windows Media Player 10 will not play the audio on Wav files. MP3 files play fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10-will-not-play-the-audio-on/b884f8c8-6061-4733-b034-f97c465fb3e9
  8. MP3 files are automatically played by Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP3 files are automatically played by Windows Media Player: I set a DSS player as a default for playing my video and audio files. But it changed to Windows Media Player and I cannot change it back. I want my files to be played by my default app rather than Windows Media Player....
  9. Winamp won't play .m4a files recorded on my phone

Winamp won't play .m4a files recorded on my phone: I recorded a bunch of audio on my phone and it came out as .m4a files. They play fine in other players, but winamp won't play them. I really need to play them on Winamp, because I have hours of material to get through and I'm gonna need to skip back and forth a lot and that...
  10. Reset Folder for Recorder .m4a Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset Folder for Recorder .m4a Files: How can you change the folder where .m4a files created with Recorder are saved? 90883

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive app wont open mo3

2. onedrive mp3 not playing on windows

3. does garmin mp3 player play m4a

4. can i still play older mp3 files stored on windows,
  5. m4a to mp3 file plays rather then shows file location