Windows 10: Issues/Problems with enabling, then disabling Sync

Discus and support Issues/Problems with enabling, then disabling Sync in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Earlier this week I enabled Sync between my 2 computers, work and home, each using up to date Windows 10. When I realized that the functionality wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanNaff, Mar 18, 2020.

1. DanNaff Win User

Issues/Problems with enabling, then disabling Sync

Earlier this week I enabled Sync between my 2 computers, work and home, each using up to date Windows 10. When I realized that the functionality wasn't going to be that helpful plus I didn't like all my desktop icons shared between both computers, I disabled it - using the directions provided by Microsoft. Since then my work laptop has not been the same. My Chrome browser seems to work normally, but the desktop shifts back and forth between looking normal and having all the icons "whited-out", and I'm unable to open Word documents or move a document from one folder to another. It looks as though the computer is attempting to do what its supposed to do for example, the Word logo comes up as if its attempting to open but it never finishes. I've restarted my computer more than once. Nothing is changing. Please advise. I can't get anything done.

:)

DanNaff, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Adol007 Win User

Crossfire sync problem

Hello

thank you for all the responses.

I enable vsync in the advanced tab of ccc but it doesn't help.

It's happening now in mass effect 2 which is unreal but it also happens in civilization 4 and pirates(an old game).

I don't think it's my display or a cable because when I don't enable crossfire I never have the problem.

My next step is to change the cards around to see if it's my linked card that's the problem.

Qubit is correct it looks like a video sync problem. Like when the traking is of on a VCR.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Adol007, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Email folders won't sync

Hi,

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the sync toggle under Sync Options and check if it helps.

To disable and re-enable the sync toggle under Sync Options please follow the steps below:

• Go to Windows 10 Mail app.

• Click on settings (Gear icon).

• Go to Manage Accounts.

• Click on the account you are facing issue with.

• Go to Change mailbox sync settings.

• Under Sync Options off and on all the toggles.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Mar 18, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Crossfire sync problem

Indeed, it's not the animation "tearing" problem that one sees with non-vsynced games like everyone here seems to think it is - the whole picture is rolling upwards instead. You're right that heat could potentially be the issue, as it can easily cause components to malfunction while hot - and eventually fail permanently.

I have two suggestions on top of my first one to you:

1 Increase the cooling to the PC. Literally take the side off the PC and have a standard room fan blowing on it. It's crude but effective for troubleshooting and your hot components will love the cooling they get. *Big Grin Issues/Problems with enabling, then disabling Sync :D

2 Switch your cards around on the motherboard. Do not use the room fan while doing this, or you won't know whether it's the extra cooling or the switched cards which is helping. It's quite possible that the card you've connected the video cable to is beginning to fail from all that heat.

And lastly tell me, do you have a digital or analog video connection to your monitor?

qubit, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Issues/Problems with enabling, then disabling Sync - Similar Threads - Issues Problems enabling

2. Net Framework Enable/Disabling problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Net Framework Enable/Disabling problems.: HiI'm trying to enable NET Framework 3.5 on my PC but when I try to enable it I get the error code 0x80073712.Here are the things I have tried.https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-enable-net-framework-3-5-on-windows-10https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/0x80073712.html...
  3. Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A Windows 10 user can choose to copy images and text from one PC to another with a cloud-based clipboard. One can also pin the […] This article Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school...
  5. Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings How to Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to...
  6. Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings How to Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account...
  7. Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows To save your info to your Google Account, you would sign in to Google Chrome and turn on sync. What happens when you sync: You can see and update...
  8. Disable/Enable Problem Reporting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable/Enable Problem Reporting: Where has this gone in the anniversary update? 63902
  9. Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things...
  10. Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to your Microsoft account. If Sync...