Windows 10: Issues recovering a "hacked" account

Discus and support Issues recovering a "hacked" account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've used the term "hack" as I'm unaware of the correct technical term for this situation. I have two Microsoft accounts. A primary linked to a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shane2087, Nov 20, 2020.

1. shane2087 Win User

Issues recovering a "hacked" account

I've used the term "hack" as I'm unaware of the correct technical term for this situation.

I have two Microsoft accounts. A primary linked to a frequented email address and a secondary that is linked to a junk email address. Approximately 30 days ago, the secondary account received an email notifying me of a request to replace the current email address with a new one ending in "tempamailbox.info." This email went unnoticed. Today, the secondary account received an email informing me that the secondary account email address had been replaced with the "tempamailbox.info" address. My attempts at recovering the account via Microsoft's automated system have failed numerous times, and I have been unsuccessful in contacting a representative to assist.

Are there any options I have at recovering this account, or am I doomed to let this parasite sift through my personal information and use the account as their own?

Thank you for your help.

:)

shane2087, Nov 20, 2020

2. Account hacked

My email (live.com) account was hacked.

• To whom do I report?
    • Where do I send header information?
    • How do I recover my account?

System details:

• Running Windows 10 on an HP all-in-one computer
    • Office 365

Thanks for your help.

BarbaraLamkin, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Recover Hacked Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your Microsoft account is hacker and you are unable to change the password for it. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

Ideally, if the Microsoft account gets comprised or hacked the best option is to change the password for the account. Since you are unable to change the password, I would suggest you to fill the ACSR form and provide as much as accurate information
    possible.

To fill the recovery form, navigate to
    account.live.com/acsr
    and provide the email address, phone number, or username for the account you are trying to recover as well as the other requested information.

You may also want to have a look at the tips to fill the recovery form. To see the tips, select
    No and then select Read the tips for filling out the recovery form
    in the article
    Help with the Microsoft account recovery form

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 20, 2020
  4. PP Mguire Win User

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Issues recovering a "hacked" account - Similar Threads - Issues recovering hacked

2. How to recover hacked account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover hacked account: I was hacked on my other Microsoft account. I filled out the form but Microsoft doesn’t think that it’s actually my account. I have spent too much money on games through my Xbox. I have no idea how to get my progress back! Basically I tried to change my password but the code...
  3. How to recover hacked account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover hacked account: I was hacked on my other Microsoft account. I filled out the form but Microsoft doesn’t think that it’s actually my account. I have spent too much money on games through my Xbox. I have no idea how to get my progress back! Basically I tried to change my password but the code...
  4. How to recover hacked account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to recovered a hacked account

How to recovered a hacked account: Recently my account got hacked, change my account details passwords and stuff, but the only thing didn't change is my Gmail primary allies but i pretty sure its will change in few days what can I do to recovery it....
  6. How to recovered a hacked account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recovered a hacked account: Recently my account got hacked, change my account details passwords and stuff, but the only thing didn't change is my Gmail primary allies but i pretty sure its will change in few days what can I do to recovery it....
  7. How to recovered a hacked account

8. Account hacked, can't recover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account hacked, can't recover: My account was hacked and an alias was applied to the email but I don't know what that alias is in order to fill out the recovery form. I know the account is still active because it's linked to my Minecraft account and required to play the game, the Minecraft account has...
  9. Account hacked, can't recover

Account hacked, can't recover: My account was hacked and an alias was applied to the email but I don't know what that alias is in order to fill out the recovery form. I know the account is still active because it's linked to my Minecraft account and required to play the game, the Minecraft account has...
  10. Recover Hacked Microsoft account

Recover Hacked Microsoft account: my main account has been hacked and i have had details changed and my password has been changed also to get a code the email address is not mine i only recieved any warning after it had be changed to say i had reset my password i then saw three seperate emails with codes to...