Windows 10: Issues recovering old drive data

Discus and support Issues recovering old drive data in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; What I'm Doing:I have recently begun the task of recovering data from some old HDDs. It's all run pretty smoothly, but I have one disc that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mayhawke, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Mayhawke Win User

Issues recovering old drive data

What I'm Doing:I have recently begun the task of recovering data from some old HDDs. It's all run pretty smoothly, but I have one disc that I particularly want to get data from as I know it contains photos that don't exist on any of the other drives. Obviously this is the one I'm having a problem with.THe process I have been using so far is very straightforward: stick a drive in the dock, run EaseUS, copy to another external drive and then do the real leg work of sorting through what I want to keep and what can go. Some of these drives, including the one I'm currently trying to recover, are qu

:)

Mayhawke, Nov 19, 2022
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Nov 19, 2022
  3. Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Nov 19, 2022
  4. Issues recovering old drive data

recovering data possible dead hard drive

Hello, @victorm294!

Well, I'm really sorry to hear about your accident with the WD HDD.
    I'd still advise to try that WD drive on another PC just in case, and see if it will get detected there, or if it even spins up. You also mentioned you checked all connections, but did you try connecting the WD drive with a different SATA cable?

If none of these worked, then recovering your data might be a lot more difficult. *Frown Issues recovering old drive data :(
    I'd suggest to turn to a professional data recovery, it also won't hurt to try what @RCoon suggested. However I'm not sure it's going to work, if the drive doesn't even spin up.
    Data recovery companies are costly indeed, but if your files are that important, I'm not sure you have any other choice.
    If the drive doesn't even spin up, we are most probably facing a physical damage from the power surge. This means you won't be able to fix it yourself. HDD physical repairs require a clean environment and technical knowledge of the HDD's structure and components.

My suggestion would be to get in touch with such a company and explain your situation, hopefully the repair will be affordable. Here's a list of all our data recovery partners worldwide: Support Answers

Just a tip: This is exactly why we recommend keeping backups offsite as well, power surges/system failures can result in such unpleasant situations. :/

I hope this helps you!
    And if you need further assistance or more information,
    I'd suggest to contact our tech support:
    http://goo.gl/BXehMx

Good luck, @victorm294!

P.S. Thank you for notifying me, @RCoon! *Smile Issues recovering old drive data :)

SuperSoph_WD, Nov 19, 2022
Thema:

Issues recovering old drive data

1. Issues recovering old drive data - Similar Threads - Issues recovering old

2. recover deleted data in Drive C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover deleted data in Drive C: Hello Team,We were resetting Outlook, but missed taking backup of .ost data file.Is there a tool within Windows or any help from Windows that can recover the lost file.Thanks & Regards....
  3. recover deleted data in Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover deleted data in Drive C: Hello Team,We were resetting Outlook, but missed taking backup of .ost data file.Is there a tool within Windows or any help from Windows that can recover the lost file.Thanks & Regards....
  4. Issues recovering old drive data

Issues recovering old drive data: What I'm Doing:I have recently begun the task of recovering data from some old HDDs. It's all run pretty smoothly, but I have one disc that I particularly want to get data from as I know it contains photos that don't exist on any of the other drives. Obviously this is the one...
  5. Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive: Hi! I have a circa-2008 WD MyBook 1 TB SATA external hard drive that was being used for backup. It got dropped and now I can't access the drive. I've removed the drive from the case and put it into a USB drive dock. Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't see it. Device Manager...
  6. Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive: Hi! I have a circa-2008 WD MyBook 1 TB SATA external hard drive that was being used for backup. It got dropped and now I can't access the drive. I've removed the drive from the case and put it into a USB drive dock. Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't see it. Device Manager...
  7. Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive

8. Trying to recover an old hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to recover an old hard drive: Stuck in a bit of a bind. I have an old hard-drive on windows 7, but trying to get it back up and running. My laptop gives me a boot error, so I'm trying to install windows 10, but keep the current partitions for retaining files. When installing from USB, it gets stuck on...
  9. How to recover data from an old laptop hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover data from an old laptop hard drive: I have a 2008 apple hard drive from an old macbook. I am trying to recover the files with my new laptop windows 10, however the hard drive seems to be password protected. I can open the hard drive but I cannot access the folders within the ''Users'' folder. Any suggestions?...
  10. Need help to recover Outlook data from old PC's hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help to recover Outlook data from old PC's hard drive: Hello, My desktop Dell Inspiron PC failed last week. It wouldn't boot up BIOS. Nothing could bring it back to life. I pulled the hard-drive from it, and have connected an SATA cable to it, and there's a USB to the new PC. Is it possible to recover any data from...