Windows 10: issues related to windows update

Discus and support issues related to windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm unable to see Windows Update settings in in Update and Security section on my Windows 10 Home Edition after some update was installed. I've run a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IgorK_55, Feb 28, 2021.

1. IgorK_55 Win User

issues related to windows update

I'm unable to see Windows Update settings in in Update and Security section on my Windows 10 Home Edition after some update was installed.

I've run a Windows Update troubleshooter and got an ' Check for Windows Update issues detected'. Detection details as the following:

IsPostback_RC_PendingUPdates

isPostback: False

WaaSMedicService

Issue found by:BinaryHealthPlugin

IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates

IsPostback: True

Service Status

Problem with BITS service: The requested service has already been started.

More help available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182

Service Status

Problem with BITS service: The requested service has already been started.

More help available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182

Could anybody please explain what the issue exactly is and how it can be fixed?

Thanks.

:)

IgorK_55, Feb 28, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Perfomance related issues related to audio in Windows

Hello Cyndieaa,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• How did you upgrade to Windows 10? Was it using Windows update or via Media Creation Tool?
    • Do you have any System Restore point set in your PC prior to the issue?
    • Does the issue occur randomly or under any particular circumstances?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the recent Windows update you are referring to in this case. To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.

1. Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
    issues related to windows update Windows_Key.png
    +
    I.

2. Click/tap Change PC settings.

3. Click on the Update and recovery and click on the
    View your update history

4. You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
    "Successfully installed on (date)" links , you will find more details for that update.

Now, follow the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter to identify any potential driver related issues present in your PC.

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Hardware and Device
    option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
    Troubleshooter.

Method 2

Now if updating the audio device driver did not help, I suggest you to check if rolling back the driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the driver list of your PC. Expand Audio Adapters

Rollback driver

Double click on your audio driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab
    and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 28, 2021
  4. issues related to windows update

Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

issues related to windows update

1. issues related to windows update - Similar Threads - issues related update

2. Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox: I currently am using an HP ELITEX2 with a processor of "IntelR CoreTM M-5Y71 CPU @ 1.20 GHz 1.40 GHz" I have 8 GB ram, 7.88 GB is usable, my system type is "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor". I am using Windows 10 Pro version 1909. I am facing a difficulty in...
  3. Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox: I currently am using an HP ELITEX2 with a processor of "IntelR CoreTM M-5Y71 CPU @ 1.20 GHz 1.40 GHz" I have 8 GB ram, 7.88 GB is usable, my system type is "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor". I am using Windows 10 Pro version 1909. I am facing a difficulty in...
  4. Windows Related Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Related Issue: Hi Sir My Name is Naman Dwivedi I don't know I see a video on YouTube saying if you use your maximum core in windows 10 it will work fast so in my pc the maximum cores are 2 so I select 2 and click on apply and save and it was asking for restarting pc then I click on to...
  5. Windows Related Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Related Issue: Hi Sir My Name is Naman Dwivedi I don't know I see a video on YouTube saying if you use your maximum core in windows 10 it will work fast so in my pc the maximum cores are 2 so I select 2 and click on apply and save and it was asking for restarting pc then I click on to...
  6. Windows Related Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Update and windows insiders preview related issues

Update and windows insiders preview related issues: I have some serious issue regarding update please help me as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-and-windows-insiders-preview-related-issues/766b1c73-469b-4513-9864-6300eec81191
  8. Windows Latest Update related issues KB4541338

Windows Latest Update related issues KB4541338: On 12th March 2020, Windows 10 in my Laptop got updated KB4541338. Since the update, I have been facing a lot of issues. First, I noticed that I was unable to connect to my wifi. The laptop interface was displaying connected to the internet, but there was no access....
  9. Windows February 2020 updates related issues

Windows February 2020 updates related issues: The following is the list of updates I had few days ago: - KB4532691: 2020-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems - KB4524244: Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems - KB4538122: 2020-02 Cumulative Update for...
  10. Issue related windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue related windows update: When I updated my laptop to new version , I found my laptop was kinda lagging and Windows Store, maps and Xbox was not working. So I did factory reset . After factory reset (this is the worst part) my laptop's Intel HD graphics , sound and mic , battery icon these were...