Windows 10: Issues setting up windows 10 VPN server, can't connect

Discus and support Issues setting up windows 10 VPN server, can't connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having issues setting a VPN in w10. I keep getting this error when I try to connect: "The remote connection was not made because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ban666, Sep 4, 2018.

1. ban666 Win User

Issues setting up windows 10 VPN server, can't connect

Hello, I've been having issues setting a VPN in w10. I keep getting this error when I try to connect:
    "The remote connection was not made because the
    attempted VPN tunnels failed. The VPN server might be
    unreachable. If this connection is attempting to use an L2TP/IPsec
    tunnel, the security parameters required for IPsec negotiation might
    not be configured properly."

I initially followed the instructions in this article and forwarded port 1723. https://www.howtogeek.com/135996/how...-any-software/

I have Comcast for my ISP and when I go into the router to see if I can allow PPTP, there is no option for this. In fact there is no configuration option.

I also tried this which did not work. https://www.lifeonnetwork.com/window...in-windows-10/

Help!

EDIT: After messing with the settings a bit, I now get this message when I try to connect to the VPN.
    "
    The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. This can be caused by a problem in the VPN transmission and is commonly the result of internet latency or simply that your VPN server has reached capacity. Please try to reconnect to the VPN server. If this problem persists contact the VPN administrator and analyze the quality of network connectivity."

I've tried disabling my firewall and anti-virus (norton) and it didn't make a difference. Maybe it's an issue with Comcast? Help!

:)

ban666, Sep 4, 2018
  2. grecinos Win User

Problems setting up a VPN server with a Synology NAS - Please help

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm using a Synology NAS configured as a VPN Server (on my LAN). I have a Spectrum Cable ISP for internet access. I've configured the router to forward the necessary packets required by the VPN server.

On the client side, I'm using a Windows 10 PC laptop. For testing purposes, I have it connected to a Mobile Wifi device. So, the server and client are on separate internet connections.

As per your suggestion, I'll likely switch to IPSEC. But for the moment, I'm going to leave it as is, for testing purposes.

grecinos, Sep 4, 2018
  3. grecinos Win User
    I need help setting up a VPN server

Hey guys!

I have a Synology NAS that has the ability to act as a VPN server. I was able to successfully enable and configure the VPN server. I'm using Windows 10 as the client. Thus far, I've tried PPTP and L2TP. I was able to establish a connection over the local area network, but I haven't been able to get it to work over the internet. I have Bright House Networks as my ISP. I was able to log into the router and configure the required port forwarding settings. But still no luck.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Sep 4, 2018
  4. grecinos Win User

I need help setting up a VPN server

Sure.

On the client side, I didn't do much. I used Windows 10 built in VPN feature. I made sure the IP address was correct, used PPTP VPN Type, username and password. On the server side (Synology VPN Server), I enabled PPTP, allowed a maximum of 5 connections, authentication type: MS-CHAP v2, MPPE encryption. I Opened port 1723 on my router. After establishing a connection to the internet on my client using my mobile wifi hotspot device, I was able to connect without any issues. Once connected, I was able to print to my network printer, access files on my NAS, access my local web server, etc. Since Windows 10 doesn't support OpenVPN, I did some research on it. I know you can download an OpenVPN client, but I don't want it to mess with my network settings.

Cheers *Smile Issues setting up windows 10 VPN server, can't connect :)

grecinos, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Issues setting up windows 10 VPN server, can't connect - Similar Threads - Issues setting VPN

2. How to set up VPN Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up VPN Connection: Hi, This is Aadi I wantes to ask how to set up a VPN connection on windows 10. actually the problem is that i dont know the server name or address i have both ethernet and wifi please help.regards...
  3. How to set up VPN Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set up VPN Connection: Hi, This is Aadi I wantes to ask how to set up a VPN connection on windows 10. actually the problem is that i dont know the server name or address i have both ethernet and wifi please help.regards...
  4. How to set up VPN Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected: elloI Purchase HP Laptop Spectre Windows 10 Home editionNow My PC Configuration VPN in My Machine, Also Update Group Policy Configuration Then I want to connect remote server in my office PC then Getting ErrorPlease Check it and give me feed back ThanksAlpesh Patel...
  6. Setting up a VPN

Setting up a VPN: I get an error message CANNOT REOLVE SERVER - what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-vpn/80967ba6-f364-4716-ae5b-c56c81aeb873
  7. How to Set up self VPN server

How to Set up self VPN server: I've been trying to set up self VPN server on my computer but keep on failing. I keep on getting lot's of error. Is there any clear intrusions to guide me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-self-vpn-server/e1a899e7-8571-47c2-8560-6d3432ee0699
  8. VPN Connection Issues

VPN Connection Issues: So I have an old Dell PowerEdge R610 that was sitting collecting dust, so I decided to use it a VPN. I have everything set up to where I can connect to it from my laptop, but I have a couple of issues. The first issue is that the connection is slow. Without being connected to...
  9. Can't Connect remote clients to windows 10 server through SSTP VPN connection

Can't Connect remote clients to windows 10 server through SSTP VPN connection: Hello, I have created a small business server with windows server 2019 evaluation, I have set up remote connection to the server through VPN with the SSTP protocol however im unable to get my remote clients connected, they have the sstp certificate installed on their...
  10. Set up and Add a VPN Connection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set up and Add a VPN Connection in Windows 10: How to: Set up and Add a VPN Connection in Windows 10 How to Set up and Add a VPN Connection in Windows 10 [img] Information Whether it's for work or personal use, you can connect to a VPN (virtual private network) on your Windows 10 PC. A VPN connection can help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Issues with setting VPN in Windows 10

2. cant connect to internet when l2tp vpn connected on windows 10