Windows 10: Issues switching between user accounts

Discus and support Issues switching between user accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I share my laptop with my wife; I have an admin account and she is a standard user. We have a consistent but intermittent problem switching between... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jlmwrite001, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Issues switching between user accounts

I share my laptop with my wife; I have an admin account and she is a standard user.

We have a consistent but intermittent problem switching between user accounts using the fingerprint reader. Most of the time, one swipe of a finger properly changes accounts. At least every other day, however, if I've been using the computer then she switches to her account to check something, then I swipe to change back, "Hello" changes to my picture and name but tells me the password is incorrect.

At that point, we're stuck. Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't do anything. I don't have an option to use my password. If she swipes, it will change back to her picture and name, but tells her the password is incorrect also. Each of us in turn swiping results in the same problem, no matter how many times we try.

The only solution is to shut down the computer and reboot. At that point everything works normally again for a while. If this was an "every time" problem it would be bad, but since it only happens every 5 or 6 times we switch users, it's even more annoying.

Using build number 10240. I can't find any other reports of similar issues. Anyone have an idea?

:)

jlmwrite001, Aug 13, 2015

2. Switch between user accounts

Windows key+L

Though it doesn't sign out the first account

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 13, 2015
  3. ttwjones Win User
    Switch between user accounts

How can I switch between user accounts in Windows 10?

ttwjones, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Issues switching between user accounts

1. Issues switching between user accounts - Similar Threads - Issues switching between

2. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  3. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  4. User account switch

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account switch: Hello, I have set up a new Microsoft account for my son and added him to my Family account to enable him to use the home PC. Whilst using my laptop to change some of his account details and restrictions, I have somehow assigned his Microsoft account to my laptop user profile....
  5. How to easy switch between users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to easy switch between users: Hello, I have two users on my computer, me and my partner. We both stay signed in. How do we switch users without going to the Lock Screen and signing in again every time? We trust each other so there is no problem with security....
  6. Switch between administrators, and delete the old user

Switch between administrators, and delete the old user: I got my PC installed with a single user which is the original administrator (without Microsoft email). I created a second account using Microsoft Outlook email address. What happens now is that for every task I want to perform on my main account it asks for the original...
  7. Switching between user accounts on Windows10 to make a different Microsoft account the new...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between user accounts on Windows10 to make a different Microsoft account the new...: Hi everyone, I have a new Microsoft account and want to change the account that I use to log into my Windows10 laptop to this new Microsoft account. I already found a pretty neat explanation on how to add a new local account, log into a Microsoft account on that and then...
  8. Issue while switching between languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue while switching between languages: Hey, I'm using Windows 10 with the latest updates. Recently I started having a weird problem. I have both Hebrew and English keyboards installed and used. Recently when I click to change languages Hebrew is counted 2ce even though it appears on the list only 1ce. So if...
  9. Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10

Can't switch between user accounts - Windows 10: Since yesterday, I'm unable to switch between user accounts. Button changes from white to blue when hovered, but no response to click. Any ideas/suggestions welcome. 39503
  10. Cannot switch between accounts

Cannot switch between accounts: Hi everyone. I have a weird problem on my computer. Windows 10 suddently stopped offering me the possiblility of switching between my accounts. I have 2 administrator accounts, one local with no password, and one linked to an outlook account with a password. Before, I could...