Windows 10: Issues to connecting a USB 3.0 HDD case

Discus and support Issues to connecting a USB 3.0 HDD case in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone. Recently i bought a hdd case USB 3.0 for my computer, specifically a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series working with Windows 10. The trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JesusArochaO, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Issues to connecting a USB 3.0 HDD case

Hi everyone. Recently i bought a hdd case USB 3.0 for my computer, specifically a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series working with Windows 10.

The trouble is I put the cable in the port and after, maybe 1 minute, is when my laptop recognize the HDD. That's not all, the speed of the copy and paste doesn't pass the 10 mb / s. Therefore, obviously, the USB 3.0 connection doesn't work.

The driver is a JMicron Generic SCSI Disk Device. I include a print.

Wish your help.

Regards.

Issues to connecting a USB 3.0 HDD case 638f7985-2bef-478f-a9cf-a19a78591baa?upload=true.png

:)

JesusArochaO, Jul 30, 2020
  2. atr1 Win User

USB 3.0 External HDD connectivity issue

Hey guys,

I have an issue specific to my USB 3.0 ports, and its interaction with my external HDD(E-HDD). Whenever I plug in my USB 3.0 capable E-HDD, the computer recognises the drive for a few seconds and then disconnects. This keeps happening while the the E-HDD is still plugged into the port, so it just keeps connecting and then disconnecting. There's hardly enough time to access the drive. The problem seems to be non-existent when I plug the device into the USB 2.0 port. My father has a similar E-HDD and has similar issues with this PC. I've looked high and low on the web for solutions. The ports are part of the motherboard and their drivers I assume come along with the Intel chipset drivers, which I updated but to no avail. I tried adjusting my power options; I disabled, 'USB selective suspend setting' which was also unsuccessful. I'm using an ASUS B-85 plus motherboard and my E-HDD is a WD My Passport 500GB. This E-HDD is accessible on my laptop via its 3.0 port. I think it is safe to say that the E-HDD is not the issue but rather the ports on the computer.

Please help!

3. philetus Win User
    USB 3.0 very slow to connect to USB HDD

Had a USB HDD plugged into USB 3.0 and rebooted computer. Now it takes about 5 minuted before the HDD is connected and one it is, you can't do anything with the files. Same with another, newer HDD.Both drives work good on USB 2.0 Here is the system log when the drive is plugged into USB 3.0.

Issues to connecting a USB 3.0 HDD case [​IMG]

philetus, Jul 30, 2020
  4. LarboBB Win User

Issues to connecting a USB 3.0 HDD case

Window 7/64 USB 3.0 connecting at 2.0

I have a header in the front of my desktop with 2 USB 3.0 (blue) jacks that appropriately connects to a 3.0 plug on the edge of my Gigabyte mobo. All physically looks good but I keep getting the "This USB Mass Storage..... if it was connected to 3.0" and
    it is a Seagate 2TB HDD USB 3.0. It has the right plug and cable.

How do I troubleshoot this? Thanks,

Device mgr shows no issues and my BIOS USB 3.0 is enabled. The other 3.0 jacks on the back work fine (including with this HDD). Thanks.

Larry

LarboBB, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Issues to connecting a USB 3.0 HDD case

1. Issues to connecting a USB 3.0 HDD case - Similar Threads - Issues connecting USB

2. USB 3 to Ethernet connectivity issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 to Ethernet connectivity issue.: Hello Team,I have bought Diva USB 3 to 3 USB network adapters including ethernet. I am using Lenovo ideapad 5, which does not have a build-in LAN port and I am unable to find ethernet drivers, also the Realtek auto installation program. The USB ports within the hub are...
  3. USB 3 to Ethernet connectivity issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB 3 to Ethernet connectivity issue.: Hello Team,I have bought Diva USB 3 to 3 USB network adapters including ethernet. I am using Lenovo ideapad 5, which does not have a build-in LAN port and I am unable to find ethernet drivers, also the Realtek auto installation program. The USB ports within the hub are...
  4. Connected HDD issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected HDD issue.: I have a WD Elements 2TB external HDD connected to my ACER Aspire V5 laptop running windows 10. Issue 1 windows does not recognize this external drive to use for file history. Issue 2 every time I open windows it says there is a problem with the external drive, click to fix,...
  5. Connected HDD issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected HDD issue.: I have a WD Elements 2TB external HDD connected to my ACER Aspire V5 laptop running windows 10. Issue 1 windows does not recognize this external drive to use for file history. Issue 2 every time I open windows it says there is a problem with the external drive, click to fix,...
  6. Connected HDD issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Read/write from HDD connected via USB drops to 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Read/write from HDD connected via USB drops to 0: Hey sup people, I have this weird issue with a 7200 rpm SATA2 HDD connected to my newer PC (Ryzen 3600, X470) through a USB 2.0 container manufactured by STLab. Both the HDD and the container are 10 years old or slightly more. First of all, no issues with my old Windows 7...
  8. Connecting with case #

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connecting with case #: I was scammed today and my laptop is locked. I have a case # from Microsoft and can not get reconnected. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-with-case/83cd3a12-2a68-4725-9615-95cb3f771479
  9. Formatting USB stick/usb hdd issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting USB stick/usb hdd issues: [img] help how do i fix this problem. it's been a real problem for the past 3 weeks. 112838
  10. USB 3.0 External HDD connectivity issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 External HDD connectivity issue: Hey guys, I have an issue specific to my USB 3.0 ports, and its interaction with my external HDD(E-HDD). Whenever I plug in my USB 3.0 capable E-HDD, the computer recognises the drive for a few seconds and then disconnects. This keeps happening while the the E-HDD is still...