Windows 10: Issues trying to factory reset a laptop

Discus and support Issues trying to factory reset a laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been having problems with my laptop for the last few weeks with it being incredibly slow and half of the time freezing to the point I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rothman1999, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Issues trying to factory reset a laptop

I have been having problems with my laptop for the last few weeks with it being incredibly slow and half of the time freezing to the point I need to remove the battery to restart it.

I just decided I want to factory reset the POS before I put a hammer through the screen. I'm in the general settings/update and security/recovery, and in trying to start the reset process, but when I click "get started" under "reset this pc" nothing happens.

I know that a secondary window is supposed to open but all that happens is the hourglass widget shows up for a few frames and nothing else happens. I can't afford to buy a new windows key or a new computer and I just want to watch YouTube. Any help would really be appreciated.

submitted by /u/rothman1999
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rothman1999, Nov 12, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 12, 2020
  3. HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Clem Win User

Issues trying to factory reset a laptop

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Thema:

Issues trying to factory reset a laptop

1. Issues trying to factory reset a laptop - Similar Threads - Issues trying factory

2. FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!: PLEASE HELP!!! I am trying to factory reset my laptop and it says 'could not find recovery environment' then I tried reagent c/enable in command prompt but it said the windows RE image was not found , so tried to make a recovery a recovery drive cause a post said that might...
  3. FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!: PLEASE HELP!!! I am trying to factory reset my laptop and it says 'could not find recovery environment' then I tried reagent c/enable in command prompt but it said the windows RE image was not found , so tried to make a recovery a recovery drive cause a post said that might...
  4. FACTORY RESET ISSUE!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Issues with Factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with Factory reset: Hi all. I just factory reset my PC and cleared the drive as I want to sell it. It’s rebooted after the reset and my account is still there, I can log into it though so it must’ve reset. The issue is the only account there is my old one, I do have the option to create a new...
  6. Factory Reset Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset Issue: I tried to factory reset my windows 10 computer it's about 13 years old and now it's just restarting constantly. The moniter won't turn on or anything. I tried so many things to get it to work or atleast something. I don't know what to do....
  7. Factory Reset Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Factory Reset Issue: I tried to factory reset my windows 10 computer it's about 13 years old and now it's just restarting constantly. The moniter won't turn on or anything. I tried so many things to get it to work or atleast something. I don't know what to do....
  8. Trying to factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to factory reset: I have a hp stream 11 that I am trying to factory reset and erase everything so my grandad can have it and log in with his windows account. When i go to factory reset it, it says I need 1.79gb more free space, but I cant free up anymore space. This laptop has 29.1gb of space,...
  9. Factory reset issue

Factory reset issue: Hello guys or girls hope you all are doing good, I factory reset my computer and it constantly comes back to this page after the initial reset and continues to do so every time I continue to click next and then the following image appears after. I don’t know what to do as i...
  10. factory reset issues

factory reset issues: So about 2-3 months ago i factory reset my lenovo gaming laptop, i think its y700 with 8gb ddr4 ram and nvidia 980 gtx. but i was trying to sell it and i wanted to factory reset it and remove everything which is what i selected. so i since then have been trying to go through...