Windows 10: Issues trying to save a system image

Discus and support Issues trying to save a system image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to create a system image, but seem to have no choices as to where to save the image. The software gives "Not a valid backup location" error if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Prof. Longfellow, May 23, 2020.

1. Issues trying to save a system image

I want to create a system image, but seem to have no choices as to where to save the image. The software gives "Not a valid backup location" error if I try to use an NTFS formatted SD card. I have a 3 terabyte network drive, but the software insists that I fill in a user name and password when there is no user name or password required to access the drive.

A short editorial: In searching this topic on the Internet, it seems that these issues and others similar to this issue, have been issues for years!!!! I guess this is what forces people to go to third-party software. This is a rhetorical question, but I do not understand why the Microsoft Windows 10 development team cannot write an image save and restore app that works. It is a key function for an operating system, and one that is absolutely necessary since hard drive wear out or malfunction.

Back to the question: How do I create a system image on an SD card?

Thank you!

:)

Prof. Longfellow, May 23, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, May 23, 2020
  3. System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, May 23, 2020
  4. Issues trying to save a system image

System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Issues trying to save a system image

1. Issues trying to save a system image - Similar Threads - Issues trying save

2. Saving Images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Images: Recently all the images I've been saving were saved as an "AFIV" file. I don't know why it's not saving as a png or a jpg and it has gotten in the way of me being able to upload images into my editing program so I was hoping to fix it and change it back which is why I am...
  3. Saving Images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving Images: Recently all the images I've been saving were saved as an "AFIV" file. I don't know why it's not saving as a png or a jpg and it has gotten in the way of me being able to upload images into my editing program so I was hoping to fix it and change it back which is why I am...
  4. Would System Image save browser profiles ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Would System Image save browser profiles ?: I am a newbie and on a learning mode regarding pc back ups...and would like to create a system image to a 500gb external hard drive of my pc using Aoemi Backupper ( Free version ) . What i would like to know is...would a system image save browser profiles , login passwords to...
  5. System image issues

System image issues: Hi, James from Tx. I'm new to the forum and need some help. I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit and a HP Pavilion laptop. I've received some error messages and it appears my hard drive is failing. I created a system image on my external drive because the USB drive said it was not a...
  6. Issues with saving images in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with saving images in Paint 3D: I use Paint 3D to save pic after editing and it quit working..I have reset, uninstalled and terminated to re-install to no avail...it wonʻt wrk like it did...how to get back and work correctly ***Original title: Hi, my paint 3d wonʻt work right but it used to work...my...
  7. Saved system image not recognized for restoration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Saved system image not recognized for restoration: Windows 10 machine. Made system image back-up using Windows 7 utility within Windows 10 before sending PC out for repair. System board was replaced. However, Backup and Restore (Windows 7) does not find the image on my external hard drive....
  8. System Image restore issue.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image restore issue.: Upon getting my computer back from repair, I tried to restore my system image. The ssd and HDD are still the same. But when I run the system image, I get a "inaccessible boot device" Stop code. I've discovered that the problem is, the system image is restoring the SSD...
  9. restore system image saved on NAS

restore system image saved on NAS: Hi, I'm not an advanced user but need to restore a system image I've saved on my NAS. I think the problem I'm having is when I get to the stage of restoring the system image, I need install lan drivers. I can't figure this out though. Has anyone had a similar issue? Any...
  10. System image file issues

System image file issues: Before I installed a M.2 card, I made a System Image file using Win7 tools. It asks you which partitions on "C" you want to backup. There were 4 partitions and 2 were pre-selected by Windows. I did not choose any additional partitions and ran the back-up. I rebooted to a...