Windows 10: Issues updating graphic drivers after new hardware-setup

Discus and support Issues updating graphic drivers after new hardware-setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, as ive not found an answer on exact same Problem im asking here. before my System went fine. Got some new Hardware: Intel i7 7740x... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vankuchen, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Vankuchen Win User

Issues updating graphic drivers after new hardware-setup

Greetings,

as ive not found an answer on exact same Problem im asking here.

before my System went fine. Got some new Hardware:

Intel i7 7740x

Asus x299 Prime Deluxe totally new, is a RMA as the Prior one really was buggy

XFX RX570 8GB 1year old, running fine up to reinstall win on new Hardware

2x Corsair DDR4 3200MHZ 8GB on Default 2100mhz

PSU 600W no cheap but no Special PSU

Started my previously installed Win10 System with the new Hardware first time, worked, everything was recognized correctly so far I remember etc.

Now when re-installing Win10 Pro 64bit Things started to get weird. At the Point when Installation asked u for privacy stuff and usage would say around 70% finishing my screen went black and could only do a hard Restart. Then Windows logo appears and turning dots, but theses will Freeze after few secords/rounds and Nothing happens for minutes, so really freezed, not that lagging or smth.

I reinstalled several times, then came up to deconnect my Internet -> Installation worked fine as it used to before.

Shortly after reconnecting to the Internet, Windows likes to update Drivers -> blackscreen and same freezing on Startup again.

Trying this some time also with an year old win10 build guess 1803 instead on current 1909 same ending.

Bios is updated, Chipset Drivers latest etc.

So now I see theres a Problem on installing AMD graphic Drivers, tried 3 different builds there, latest, WQHL and one from dec 2019 which others told it was stable for them having similar Driver issues on new AMD Adrenalin Drivers, but Always are able to deinstall and reinstall other versions to work it seems.

When Blocking Win from updating still 1909 everything is fine for Hours, totally stable so far just with Default "MS grahpic Adapter".

One time I could use a freshly installed recovery-point but after retrying it said on 2 different Points i have to activate computersecurty before using ?!

Wanted to speedup my try-and-error Driver installing, as deinstalling the failed Drivers on safe mode should work too, but has the same effect like recovery Point. When trying to get into safe mode on the latest try, I got a blue screen 2 times and using the recovery point again doesnt work as stated above… then reinstalled Win10 again for the 8th time or so.

Also tried different PCIe Slots. All voltage stuff is propably connected, as I know what I do. Mainboard does a selfdiagnosis on CPU, RAM, GPU and Boot, so no Errors, System is running. Fast-boot is deactivated too.

Will post this to ASUS too, but cant find any other ppl communicating an exact same Problem.

Later this day I can try a Geforce Card, but it is so weird, as for my ~25years of Hardware/win/pc experience theres usually no compability Problem Hardware sides and never experienced stuff like this.

So either theres a Software issue between Intel chipset/Windows/GPU drivers or whats more unlikely, the GPU is somehow not compatible with this Mainboard?!.

Thanks for any help.

:)

Vankuchen, Apr 26, 2020

2. Graphic Driver issues on my Win 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Which update are you referring to?

This issue might occur due to incompatible or outdated drivers and missing updates.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware
    attached to your computer was installed correctly.

Follow the steps given below:

a. Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b. Click on Troubleshooting tab.

c. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner.

d. Select the Hardware
    and Device options from the list.

e. Click next to run the Hardware
    and Device
    Troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to follow the below method.

Method 2:

Step 1:

I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website of your graphic card and check for any updated drivers available there. If so, try to install them and check if it fix the issue.

Step 2:

If the issue still persist or if no updated driver’s available try and installing the available drivers (Windows 7 or Windows 8.1) in compatibility mode and
    check if it helps.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in
    compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
    “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Issues with new Graphics Card install

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install the graphic card driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue persists or not.

Official Support | ASUS Global

Compatibility mode runs the driver using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on
      • Run this the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
      • Select Compatibility tab.
      • Place a check mark next to program in Compatibility mode and select previous the version of Windows from the drop down list.
      • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Issues updating graphic drivers after new hardware-setup

Issues with graphics drivers

Hi,

A driver update might be required to resolve the compatibility issue.
    We suggest that you look for a driver on the device manufacturer's website. Driver updates are often available in the support section of such sites.

Once you find the updated driver, follow the installation instructions on the website. Most drivers are self-installing — after you download them, you usually just double-click the file to begin the installation, and then the driver installs itself on your
    computer.

Some devices have drivers that you need to install yourself. If you download a driver that isn't self-installing, follow the steps below.
    (You must be logged in as an administrator to perform these steps.)

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click on the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Issues updating graphic drivers after new hardware-setup

1. Issues updating graphic drivers after new hardware-setup - Similar Threads - Issues updating graphic

2. Graphics Driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Driver issues: So, I tried to update my graphics driver Intel UHD and it's version is 27.20.100.9079 , I tried to run the automatic installer for the 31.0.101.2115 version. Everything is done, I check the version to see if it updated, it's still the old one but it tells me that it's up to...
  3. graphics driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics driver issues: i need some help reinstalling my graphics driver on my pci have an NVidia GeForce GTX 960 windows 10 64-biti downloaded OBS studio to try and record videos with me and my friends and it asked me to get a new driver for it, so i followed along and went to the official NVIDIA...
  4. Graphic Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Driver Issue: Hallo, I am a graphic designer and I use Cinema 4D for 3D modeling, since a month ago I sometimes receive this message while using Cinema 4D "please check if your graphics driver and OS are up to date" after the message the software crashes. And I am experiencing some...
  5. Major Nvidia graphics driver issues after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major Nvidia graphics driver issues after 2004 update: So my PC just updated earlier tonight... and when it came back up, all hell kind of broke loose. My graphics card is a Gigabyte 1660 Super; I already had the latest drivers from Nvidia (457.30) installed before tonight, and have had no issues with them. Once the Windows...
  6. Issues After Manual Graphics Card Driver Update

Issues After Manual Graphics Card Driver Update: It started off with me going to Device Manager and then expanding "Display Adapters" and then selecting my graphics card. I then clicked a button at the top that would update my drivers. I selected the option that lets Windows search automatically for new drivers, and after a...
  7. Pixelation on one screen of a multi-monitor setup after updating graphics drivers

Pixelation on one screen of a multi-monitor setup after updating graphics drivers: I'm using 2 monitors and after updating my graphics drivers my ED322Q monitor with Hardware ID MONITOR\ACR053E, is blurry and pixelated. I found this...
  8. After new Graphic Driver update the bios, not fit the screen

After new Graphic Driver update the bios, not fit the screen: [ATTACH] You may notice that what i am saying about, Half of page is not seen or this page view is not proper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-new-graphic-driver-update-the-bios-not-fit/5b651810-6e36-4bcf-ae12-8a5d26fcdec2
  9. Graphic driver issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic driver issue: Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1616&SUBSYS_382017AA&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 requires further installation. Graphic driver is up-to-date, so I don't know what's causing the issue. 58643
  10. Green lines and booting issues after updating graphics driver

Green lines and booting issues after updating graphics driver: Hey all, I'm experiencing some problems with a recent installation of windows 10. I've gone through all the updates that windows update offered and it was fine. Then I added the graphics card driver from Nvidia's homepage and now when I boot up the machine it goes into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1616&SUBSYS_06411028&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 requires further installation.