Windows 10: Issues updating to Windows 11 and updates in general

Discus and support Issues updating to Windows 11 and updates in general in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone! My computer is having various problems, and I'm hoping with enough symptoms listed ya'll can help. Basically I'm unable to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by liftahh, Jun 17, 2022.

1. liftahh Win User

Issues updating to Windows 11 and updates in general

Hey everyone! My computer is having various problems, and I'm hoping with enough symptoms listed ya'll can help. Basically I'm unable to download updates and things Microsoft related ie games from Xbox App I kept getting constant pushes to update to Windows 11. I saw that on the PC Health Check app that I needed to turn on TPM 2.0, so I did that via my BIOS settings and all other requirements are met. Specs: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor, 3801 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date Amer

:)

liftahh, Jun 17, 2022

2. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jun 17, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Jun 17, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Issues updating to Windows 11 and updates in general - Similar Threads - Issues updating updates

2. Windows 11 general issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 general issues: Hello.I have recently started to use a laptop with Windows 11 installed. In the last days, the computer ran an automatic BIOS update. After that, I noticed several things stopped working: the Settings app cannot be accessed, nor can other native programs of Windows. I cannot...
  3. Windows 11 general issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 general issues: Hello.I have recently started to use a laptop with Windows 11 installed. In the last days, the computer ran an automatic BIOS update. After that, I noticed several things stopped working: the Settings app cannot be accessed, nor can other native programs of Windows. I cannot...
  4. Issues updating to Windows 11 and updates in general

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues updating to Windows 11 and updates in general: Hey everyone! My computer is having various problems, and I'm hoping with enough symptoms listed ya'll can help. Basically I'm unable to download updates and things Microsoft related ie games from Xbox App I kept getting constant pushes to update to Windows 11. I saw that on...
  5. Issues updating to Windows 11 and updates in general

Issues updating to Windows 11 and updates in general: Hey everyone! My computer is having various problems, and I'm hoping with enough symptoms listed ya'll can help. Basically I'm unable to download updates and things Microsoft related ie games from Xbox App I kept getting constant pushes to update to Windows 11. I saw that on...
  6. Windows 11 update update issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update update issues: Earlier i tried to run a troubleshoot for windows update, after it finish it says promblems found, i tried a few step but all of them didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-update-issues/3c5906ea-d5ae-44aa-9c8d-6dc8abd637e3
  7. Windows 11 update update issues

Windows 11 update update issues: Earlier i tried to run a troubleshoot for windows update, after it finish it says promblems found, i tried a few step but all of them didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-update-issues/3c5906ea-d5ae-44aa-9c8d-6dc8abd637e3
  8. General Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    General Issue: Please tell me this also that my pc which i use is gifted to me and the person who gifted it has made their own oulook ID and also the first user now i have changed only the name which appears on the startup screen but not the name on the folder in C drive in users where...
  9. I'm not good at the Updating Windows in general.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm not good at the Updating Windows in general.: That all came and January 14, 2020, when Windows 7 will be less used by everyone, I have a question. I grew up with Windows 7, I did not update it I think almost at all, and honestly, I do not understand a thing. My question is if I install Windows 10 on this PC, where I have...
  10. April update general performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    April update general performance: I have the latest update and notice that loading times on any browser have slowed to a crawl even Edge.Anyone else have this problem ? 109568