Windows 10: Issues upgrading some of our Dell assets from Windows 10 1909 to any newer Version.

Discus and support Issues upgrading some of our Dell assets from Windows 10 1909 to any newer Version. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, For a while now we have had a chunk of about 30 assets or so Mine included of Dell assets stuck on 1909. Now that it is no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matt_9327, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Matt_9327 Win User

Issues upgrading some of our Dell assets from Windows 10 1909 to any newer Version.

Hello Everyone, For a while now we have had a chunk of about 30 assets or so Mine included of Dell assets stuck on 1909. Now that it is no longer supported we would have to rather figure out what's causing the issue or do a fresh image for all of them. They install the packages fine and get to about 86% and then the BSOD comes up with the Generic " System Service Exception". I have tried many things to pinpoint what the issue could possibly be. Blue Screen View has provided me these codes but I can not figure out what exactly the issue could be.SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c

:)

Matt_9327, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 5, 2022
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Issues upgrading some of our Dell assets from Windows 10 1909 to any newer Version.

Update Windows 10 version 1909 to version 21H2

Can I Update Windows 10 version 1909 to version 21H2 (latest)?

Then Please send the useful steps to do that...

By changing windows version 1909 to 21H2 does it removes all files(music, videos, software,etc.) present in my laptop or it is safe, nothing will be deleted.

Now I am not getting critical updates for windows version 1909.

Please anybody give suggestion regarding this matter.

ARINDAM_SAHA_10, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Issues upgrading some of our Dell assets from Windows 10 1909 to any newer Version.

1. Issues upgrading some of our Dell assets from Windows 10 1909 to any newer Version. - Similar Threads - Issues upgrading Dell

2. Windows won't update from 1909 to newer version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't update from 1909 to newer version: Hello, My Windows 10 PC is currently on version 1909, and I would like to update to the newest version of Windows 10 and eventually 11. I have noticed that my computer hasn't updated its software for a couple of years. When I check for updates, it says I am missing important...
  3. Windows won't update from 1909 to newer version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't update from 1909 to newer version: Hello, My Windows 10 PC is currently on version 1909, and I would like to update to the newest version of Windows 10 and eventually 11. I have noticed that my computer hasn't updated its software for a couple of years. When I check for updates, it says I am missing important...
  4. Windows won't update from 1909 to newer version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issues upgrading some of our Dell assets from Windows 10 1909 to any newer Version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues upgrading some of our Dell assets from Windows 10 1909 to any newer Version.: Hello Everyone, For a while now we have had a chunk of about 30 assets or so Mine included of Dell assets stuck on 1909. Now that it is no longer supported we would have to rather figure out what's causing the issue or do a fresh image for all of them. They install the...
  6. Issues upgrading some of our Dell assets from Windows 10 1909 to any newer Version.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues upgrading some of our Dell assets from Windows 10 1909 to any newer Version.: Hello Everyone, For a while now we have had a chunk of about 30 assets or so Mine included of Dell assets stuck on 1909. Now that it is no longer supported we would have to rather figure out what's causing the issue or do a fresh image for all of them. They install the...
  7. My Pc is not compatible with any version of windows newer than version 1909 but it thinks...

My Pc is not compatible with any version of windows newer than version 1909 but it thinks...: I currently run windows 10 version 1909 and I'm convinced that my pc doesn't support any version of windows newer than 1909. According to what i read in my windows update history, In the past 6 months windows update has tried updating itself to windows 10 2004 and 20H2...
  8. Upgrade from 1909 version

Upgrade from 1909 version: Hello,It seems to me that soon I'll have to upgrade my windows system to 20H1 2004 version 19041.264 (or may be a little higher).So I'm starting my homework. I have these iso files: (All downloaded in time from microsoft.) 1."Win10_2004_English_x64...
  9. Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version

Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version: Can I upgrade from windows 10 to the newer version of windows when it comes for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-10-to-a-newer-version/e8ea567c-ad7d-4e21-a4ec-32e46471af24
  10. Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10

Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10: What is the charge/cost to upgrade my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10 since it appears that I am running an older version of Windows 10 and keep getting promos to upgrade?...