Windows 10: Issues Using iCloud for Windows with Windows 10

Discus and support Issues Using iCloud for Windows with Windows 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I run a Windows 10 PC (Windows version 1909, OS Build 18363.836) with Microsoft Office, including Outlook 365 (Build 12730.20352, Click-to-Run) for my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fairmarketvalue, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Issues Using iCloud for Windows with Windows 10

I run a Windows 10 PC (Windows version 1909, OS Build 18363.836) with Microsoft Office, including Outlook 365 (Build 12730.20352, Click-to-Run) for my small business. I also use an iPhone running IOS 13.5 and maintain an iCloud calendar. All was fine using iCloud for Windows to integrate iCloud's calendar and contacts with Outlook until Apple Software Update ("ASU") automatically updated me to a new version of iCloud for Windows in May. Thereafter, I was pestered every 20 minutes to submit my Apple password, together with a 6 - digit 2 Factor authentication code. I finally got tired of this tail-chasing and learned that Apple wants Windows 10 users to install a special iCloud for Windows 10 app from the Microsoft Store, rather than the version ASU installed. Also, it seems that Apple is not really planning to maintain the non-Windows 10 version that currently is still available from its own site.

Unfortunately, my experience with iCloud for Windows 10 is that it's a hot mess. It's slow, doesn't sync my iCloud calendar to my Outlook program reliably, and now has begun asking for my Apple password every 20 or so minutes, just like the previous version installed by ASU!! From my perspective, it looks like Apple has decided to abandon any further crossover efforts with respect to users who have a mix of Apple and Windows devices and software.

In light of the above, I have two questions: (1) has anyone been able to make iCloud for Windows 10 work reliably with Outlook, and if so, how; and (2) assuming my experience is what has been shared by other similarly situated users, is there any way to make ANY version of iCloud for Windows work with the Outlook mail client, including Outlook 365?

:)

fairmarketvalue, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2020
  3. I can't open iTunes or iCloud in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall iTunes and iCloud and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall iTunes and iCloud:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Look for iTunes and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.

• Follow the same steps to uninstall iCloud.

• Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Issues Using iCloud for Windows with Windows 10

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Issues Using iCloud for Windows with Windows 10

1. Issues Using iCloud for Windows with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issues Using iCloud

2. Can't use iCloud mailbox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use iCloud mailbox in Windows 10: I have an iCloud account for my personal emails, and a school gmail for all my school emails. The gmail works fine, but when I added the iCloud account, but every few minutes it says the account settings are out of date. I then entered the password and I've tried many...
  3. icloud for windows issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    icloud for windows issue: hello , I'm having issue on iCloud for windows install from Microsoft Store , not able to start . If I start program as administrator , got error Windows can not access the specified device, path or file ............ so , I try to take that iCloud app folder ownership , I am...
  4. icloud for windows issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icloud for windows issue: hello , I'm having issue on iCloud for windows install from Microsoft Store , not able to start . If I start program as administrator , got error Windows can not access the specified device, path or file ............ so , I try to take that iCloud app folder ownership , I am...
  5. icloud for windows issue

6. Using iCloud photos with Windows

Using iCloud photos with Windows: I downloaded iCloud on my PC. I have photos synced to my PC. When I'm in iCloud I can see the photos. But what I don't see is how to add the photos to individual albums. I can do this on my iPhone, and I want to do the same on my PC. Also, on my PC I want to assign faces to...
  7. Question on using iCloud for Windows

Question on using iCloud for Windows: Well, I'm not exactly sure if I got the category right, so I was wondering on using notes in iCloud, how can I copy the contents in Word, as I discovered that it would copy by pictures and not by text, Even on saving the file, that it would copy them as pictures. So is...
  8. using icloud on Windows 10 version 1809

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    using icloud on Windows 10 version 1809: I am unable I access iCloud.com on Windows 10 1809. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-icloud-on-windows-10-version-1809/ea559319-6efe-4ed4-8fd4-23fc4d2c541d"
  9. iCloud Windows Installation Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iCloud Windows Installation Issues: I am getting error code 2503 and 2502 while installing iCloud for Windows. I am running on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/icloud-windows-installation-issues/394df553-4fcb-4e63-8de7-9f2cb4ae2074
  10. windows 10- icloud and pin issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10- icloud and pin issue: I am so frustrated. I got a new computer, but the issues I have had installing things have been unparalleled. So the main ones today are: 1) the pin won't work. I have set the pin, and have the correct pin, but I have to use my password every time. I was given some...