Windows 10: Issues when booting?

Discus and support Issues when booting? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have a Lenovo flex 5 1570 81ca laptop. I have an ssd in it that is less than a year old. I had previously installed Ubuntu alongside windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theguineapigking, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Issues when booting?

Hello. I have a Lenovo flex 5 1570 81ca laptop. I have an ssd in it that is less than a year old.

I had previously installed Ubuntu alongside windows 10(separate partitions-same hard drive). I ended up removing Ubuntu and deleting the extra partition. However, it didn’t delete the boot loader(or whatever) for Ubuntu, so I still had 2 boot options when powering on the laptop. I eventually found out about bcdedit, and removed the extra Bootloader. However, ever since then, my laptop has been doing this weird thing when booting(I included a video to show you.)It basically powers on, the screen flashes black, then it powers back off, then back on again. After this, it works perfectly fine. It’s just an annoying boot issue.

I’d rather not reinstall the os if I can just fix the actual issue. I know some basic tech stuff, but nothing too advanced. I tried the bootrec commands, however, bootrec /fixboot results in an ‘access denied’ message. I also tried the whole cd /d (drive letter) efi/Microsoft,boot command. It didn’t fix the issue with /fixboot though. Most resources don’t specify what causes the ‘access denied’ message. I am using the windows 10 install iso on the flash drive, and booting using the efi usb option.

I definitely think this is a boot loader issue that somehow is caused from when I had dual boot loaders.

Is there anyone else here that has seen this problem before and had success in fixing it? I’d appreciate any help! Preferably in plain English..I’m not a software god by any means. I’m just trying in commands that I read about online.

Thanks for any help.

https://imgur.com/a/rKwcZkJ

submitted by /u/theguineapigking
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theguineapigking, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 19, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 19, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Issues when booting?

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Issues when booting?

1. Issues when booting? - Similar Threads - Issues booting

2. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  3. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  4. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  6. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  7. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 11 Causing Random PC Freezes and Boot Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Random PC Freezes and Boot Issues: I have a very strange problem with my computer and I need help.My PC specs are as follows:CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHzGPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 VISION OC 10GB GDDR6XMOBO: Gigabyte B550 Aorus EliteRAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz C16SSD: Western...
  9. Windows 11 Causing Random PC Freezes and Boot Issues

Windows 11 Causing Random PC Freezes and Boot Issues: I have a very strange problem with my computer and I need help.My PC specs are as follows:CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHzGPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 VISION OC 10GB GDDR6XMOBO: Gigabyte B550 Aorus EliteRAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz C16SSD: Western...
  10. Windows 11 usb boot issue

Windows 11 usb boot issue: I'm trying to install windows 11 to replace Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS on my pc. Purchased the usb from microsoft and booted into the bios F2 but the windows usb doesn't appear as an option. Tried disengaging secure boot etc, but whatever config I try in the bios / boot manager - no...