Windows 10: Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled

Discus and support Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the "Play HDR games and apps" setting enabled, otherwise everything I use on the monitor looks dull. I have been randomly getting black screens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tom Wonk, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Tom Wonk Win User

Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled

I have the "Play HDR games and apps" setting enabled, otherwise everything I use on the monitor looks dull. I have been randomly getting black screens for a while now while playing full screen games. Took me weeks to figure out why this was happening.

When I turn up or down my pc volume by using the scroll wheel on my keyboard, a volume indicator appears on the top left of my monitor with the volume level.
    This works perfectly on windowed / borderless games even with HDR enabled however if HDR is enabled and I am in Full Screen, when I adjust the volume I get a black screen. It then reconnects and a box in the center of the monitor appears to indicate the resolution is 2560 x 1440 HDR.

Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum.

Graphics Card: Geforce RTX 2080 Super.

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 8 Logical Processors.

Monitor: 2560 x 1440 165hz, Connected via Display Port.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get the volume control to not cause black screens while playing in Full Screen games with HDR enabled?

:)

Tom Wonk, Jan 31, 2020
  2. nfsking Win User

Why are 'Play HDR game and apps' & 'Use WCG apps' functions cannot be enable on a laptop built-in HDR display

My laptop is a Thinkpad X1 Extreme, and it comes with a 4K resolution Dolby Vision HDR built-in display, and the graphic cards are the Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX1050Ti Max-Q.

In the Display settings on Windows 10 Version 1909, only the 'Streaming HDR video' function can be enabled, but the 'Play HDR game and apps' and 'Use WCG apps' functions cannot be enabled on the built-in display.

As soon as I connect my TV which supports HDR10 to the laptop, these two functions can be enabled right away on this TV.

I wondering why the 'Play HDR game and apps' & 'Use WCG apps' functions are not available on a built-in display? Is it related to the display hardware, or the graphic card driver, or something else?

nfsking, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Issue when playing games

Hello,

This issue when you're playing games can be due to incompatible driver since it can be resolved by updating the display driver. However, we would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us the needed information below:

• Which device are you using in playing games?
    • Is this issue happening when you're playing online or offline games?
    • Is there a connected USB device?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you try reinstalling the driver instead of updating it. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Looking forward to your response for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled

No Sound while playing games.

Hi Marbea,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Are you experiencing the issue when playing games only?
    • Is the issue the same when playing a different game? What game are you trying to play?

Meanwhile, you can check and try performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this

article
    . Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled

1. Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled - Similar Threads - Issues playing games

2. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  3. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  4. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. White bar at top of screen when playing games in full screen.

White bar at top of screen when playing games in full screen.: Hi my toddler lent on my keyboard and it made the task bar and bar at the top ofthe screen appear. I googled how to get rid of it and I managed to hide the task bar in game but not the the bar at the top. I tried changing the resolution to a lower one and then reverting it...
  6. Can't change screen brightness when playing full screen games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change screen brightness when playing full screen games: My laptop has intel and nvidia graphics. After a recent windows 10 update, whenever I play my games on nvidia graphics on full screen, the screen brightness will dim/brighten to ~50. Changing the brightness in the windows settings i.e. 0 or 100 does not change the screen...
  7. HDR Issue - Playing games or fullscreen Youtube videos

HDR Issue - Playing games or fullscreen Youtube videos: I recently got an LG HDR compatible monitor. I run with HDR on and for the most part have no issues. I have played 2 games since I got the monitor - Nier : Automata works fine, I also play an older game called Outland. Playing Outland is fine until I exit the game - the...
  8. playing games in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    playing games in full screen: I am trying to play the Heroes of might and magic series through UpLay. For some reason it has stopped loading in full screen mode. It will load and play but in a tiny window. How can I get it back to full scrren?...
  9. Screen flickers when games played on full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers when games played on full screen: Screen flickers when I play games on fullscreen, It's fine on windowed mode. I am having this problem since a year now, I have been using V-Sync feature on games as a bypass to this problem but there are new games which don't offer this feature, neither does the Intel...
  10. can't play full screen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't play full screen games: when I open any game i see black borders at the sides. I have Intel HD graphics display adapter and NVIDIA graphics driver installed on my laptop (everything is up to data). I tried many solutions but there is no "scale full screen" option in Intel control panel with res...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdr and fullscreen game issues