Windows 10: Issues when signing in or downloading apps from the Windows Store on my Dell laptop

Discus and support Issues when signing in or downloading apps from the Windows Store on my Dell laptop in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I am having issues signing into the Windows store on my laptop. I am able to select my account and click continue. Once I do so, a new... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DanielKrynski, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Issues when signing in or downloading apps from the Windows Store on my Dell laptop

Hello,

I am having issues signing into the Windows store on my laptop.

I am able to select my account and click continue. Once I do so, a new window pops up, it says "Just a moment" and that's it. The new window is blank. 99% sure it is not my account, since I am able to use my account on my desktop with no issue. Here are some specs for the laptop.

Dell Inspiron 5535

-AMD A8-5545M APU with Radeontm HD Graphics. 1.70 GHz Processor

-12 GB Ram

-64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 10 Home

-Version 1909

-OS build 18363.778

I tried following some help that I found, seeking other users with similar issues. Here is the link to the most recent one I tried.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-is-not-opening/5ccc05d6-e1fa-4b0d-be23-f190f6779c0e

"1. Let's try to repair any possible corrupted system files by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys together >click File menu > click "Run new task" > type cmd & tick the checkbox "Create this task with administrative privileges" > click OK > copy/paste below command.
    SFC /scannow

2. Kindly re-register the Windows Store Apps by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys together >click File menu > click "Run new task" > type Powershell & tick the checkbox "Create this task with administrative privileges" > click OK > copy/paste below command.
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

3. Once done, open File Explorer & navigate to "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local" were "YOUR_USER" is your computer username, and delete the "TileDataLayer" folder. Reboot your PC & check the issue.
    Note: If you can't see the "TileDataLayer" folder, you may skip this step." Nothing works so far. Please and thank you for any help.

:)

DanielKrynski, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Can't download apps onto my Dell Laptop using Windows 10

Hi Marilyn,

A few possible reasons can be the cause of this issue with Windows Store. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps from downloading and installing
    correctly. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

In addition, we recommend that you manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download apps again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

If the issue persists, we would like to know the following information to help us further identify the cause of this matter:

• Do you receive any error messages when downloading apps? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Have you made any changes to your laptop before experiencing this issue?

Keep us updated with the results, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Unable to download apps from Windows Store

Hi Nishadha,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Do you face an issue with a particular\ all apps?

As you have issue with the store downloading apps, try to run these inbuilt troubleshooters.

We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.

and

Follow the same steps to use the Windows update troubleshooter.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Issues when signing in or downloading apps from the Windows Store on my Dell laptop

Windows Store sign in issue

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.

• Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Issues when signing in or downloading apps from the Windows Store on my Dell laptop

1. Issues when signing in or downloading apps from the Windows Store on my Dell laptop - Similar Threads - Issues signing downloading

2. downloading apps from apps store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloading apps from apps store.: I can not download some apps from Microsoft apps store, such as Whatsapp or paint. it starts to download, after downloading it says something unexpected happened. Error code: Code: 0x800706D9.Windows 11. I have updated the library apps....
  3. downloading apps from apps store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloading apps from apps store.: I can not download some apps from Microsoft apps store, such as Whatsapp or paint. it starts to download, after downloading it says something unexpected happened. Error code: Code: 0x800706D9.Windows 11. I have updated the library apps....
  4. Why can't I download apps onto my dell laptop from Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download apps onto my dell laptop from Microsoft Store?: Hi! I bought a Dell Inspiron Laptop a couple of moth ago and since the first day I've tried to download apps from the Microsoft Store and evry time, with any app, it appears an error message saying to try again later, that something happend in their end and waiting a bit...
  5. Why can't I download apps onto my dell laptop from Microsoft Store?

Why can't I download apps onto my dell laptop from Microsoft Store?: Hi! I bought a Dell Inspiron Laptop a couple of moth ago and since the first day I've tried to download apps from the Microsoft Store and evry time, with any app, it appears an error message saying to try again later, that something happend in their end and waiting a bit...
  6. Downloading Apps from App Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading Apps from App Store: We are having a problem downloading apps from the Microsoft Store. My wife can be signed in under her Microsoft account, we find the app we want on the Microsoft Store, press Install/Open and a pop-up window shows up allowing us to get the app. However, when we click on the...
  7. downloading apps from the app store

downloading apps from the app store: I have some apps on my android phone that I like and I want to get some of those same apps on my hp pavilion with windows 10. Several times I have went to the microsoft store to download and app and it says I have that app installed but i cant find where i can open that app...
  8. Issues downloading apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues downloading apps from Microsoft Store: Does anyone know how to change the location in the C drive my programs are being downloaded to? Right now it is downloading everything to my One Drive which isn't ideal....
  9. Issues with Microsoft Store when downloading any app / updating the store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issues with Microsoft Store when downloading any app / updating the store: hi, just wondering if anyone could help, having issues with the Microsoft Store, when trying to download any apps from the store (including trying to update the store im getting a error code Code: 0x80073CFE, these start to download but then fails right away. ive already...
  10. Windows store app download issue

Windows store app download issue: I just got a laptop with a 128GB SSD. I started to download apps off the store right away. I saw Disney infinity 3.0 which looked awesome and hit download, I left my laptop to download everything and when I came back I saw that Disney Infinity was 14 GB and almost 6 GB was...