Windows 10: Issues when starting up from hibernating

Discus and support Issues when starting up from hibernating in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 asus laptop. After most recent updates it does a weird thing when I wake it up from putting it into hibernate or close the lid. It flashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Destany89, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Issues when starting up from hibernating

Windows 10 asus laptop. After most recent updates it does a weird thing when I wake it up from putting it into hibernate or close the lid. It flashes from black to a white screen with lines going up and down it. Is this a bug? I only use it for netflix and YouTube.

I have to force it off by holding down power button and turn it back on and it works like normal. Like I said it didn't start doing this until like last week after most recent updates.

submitted by /u/Destany89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Destany89, Feb 14, 2021

2. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    windows 10 hibernate issue

Hello,

We would like to know more of your concern to better assist you:

• What was recent changes that had been made on the machine prior to this issue?
    • Was the feature available before?
    • Did you updated to the Creators update?

For the meantime, you can follow these steps on how to make hibernation available:

• Right-click on the Start/Windows icon on the lower left and click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click
      Continue
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press
      Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt windows.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Issues when starting up from hibernating

Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Issues when starting up from hibernating

1. Issues when starting up from hibernating - Similar Threads - Issues starting hibernating

2. BSOD when waking up from Hibernation [win10]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking up from Hibernation [win10]: I've encountered a BSOD for the third time, when I booted my PC from hibernation as well as once from a cold boot. The Machine just boots fine after the BSOD. I passed the Memtest with flying colours as well as sfc/scannow and a DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth. I've...
  3. BSOD when waking up from Hibernation [win10]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking up from Hibernation [win10]: I've encountered a BSOD for the third time, when I booted my PC from hibernation as well as once from a cold boot. The Machine just boots fine after the BSOD. I passed the Memtest with flying colours as well as sfc/scannow and a DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth. I've...
  4. BSOD when waking up from Hibernation [win10]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 Crashes when Booting Up from Hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Crashes when Booting Up from Hibernation: Hello,I've got a new Dell XPS 13 Plus with Windows 11 Pro here with hibernation enabled which I prefer over sleep.All works fine most of the time, but something like every 3-5 boot out of the hibernation state I only get to the Windows boot recovery screen as it is unable to...
  6. Windows 11 Crashes when Booting Up from Hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Crashes when Booting Up from Hibernation: Hello,I've got a new Dell XPS 13 Plus with Windows 11 Pro here with hibernation enabled which I prefer over sleep.All works fine most of the time, but something like every 3-5 boot out of the hibernation state I only get to the Windows boot recovery screen as it is unable to...
  7. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate: I often but not always get a BSOD when my Dell laptop wakes up from sleeping or hibernation. One of the codes is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. I saw a recommendation was to try to roll back my graphics driver, but when I went to the device...
  8. Resume from Hibernate Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from Hibernate Issue: Hello, I normally use Hibernate when machine is not needed for extended periods. Previously, machine would start at the same place where I left it, including all programs open etc. Now, with 1909 and maybe even a prior version, I noticed that all open programs are now...
  9. windows slowdown at start up and return from sleep mode and hibernate

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows slowdown at start up and return from sleep mode and hibernate: Windows 10 Pro 1909 (OS Build 18363.535) MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE since about the December cumulative update for windows 10, when I turn on my system, or wake the system, the login screen is acting like I am running windows on a 15 year old machine, not one less than a year...
  10. Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue: Greetings, Using HP desktop with Windows 10. Latest Fall Creator Update installed. After the latest update my machine wouldn't wake up after sleep mode. The screen is blank although I can hear "rumbling" in the background as if the hard drive were indeed on but I see...